• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hornets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, hawkman said:

Really need Hunter and Cam back. 

TLC is playing good defense. I think Trae needs to be better/smarter. There are so many Trae breakdowns in the game. Huerter has also been disappointing on that end this year. Being shorthanded definitely is having a big impact, but even with that we can and should be better. 

Just now, marco102 said:

Sigh! They better hurry up and get it together.

Minnesota isn't a joke anymore and then Brooklyn. 

Could be looking at 12-14 if they don't clean up this defense.  You shouldn't lose putting up 127 points.

I'd be totally shocked if we beat Minnesota.  Ant-Man is playing out of his mind recently.

With our wings out, we need the 35 point version of Trae to show up.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

We won't make it out of the 1st round playing defense like that.

Then again, if we're going into the playoffs without Hunter, Reddish, and Bogi, we're not making any noise in the playoffs anyway.

The problem is that these are injury prone players and so expecting them to stay in the lineup is probably not a great idea.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I'd be totally shocked if we beat Minnesota.  Ant-Man is playing out of his mind recently.

I normally agree with you about Trae, but he needs to run the damn offense.  Off the dribble 30 ft threes ain't it when you are up five.  He can get to the basket and get to his midrange. I'm fine with him scoring, but he better be getting the ball to the hot players too.

Wasted a great Kevin and JC game. 

At least Nate learned and got JC involved this game. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

We can beat Minny, but road games on back to backs are tough as hell, and Minny is decent. If Hawks play defense they can beat anyone any given night. Hopefully Cam comes back because we miss him. 

Just now, Atlantaholic said:

We can beat Minny, but road games on back to backs are tough as hell, and Minny is decent. If Hawks play defense they can beat anyone any given night. Hopefully Cam comes back because we miss him. 

Hawks have like 4 road wins this year and have embarrassed themselves the last few games and so a win is no sure thing.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

I normally agree with you about Trae, but he needs to run the damn offense.  Off the dribble 30 ft threes ain't it when you are up five.  He an get to the basket and get to his midrange. I'm fine with him scoring, but he better be getting the ball to the hot players too.

He took three straight semi-contested pull ups. Yes, we all know he can get a look at a three basically any time he wants, but as you are pointing out those are not smart shots in those situations. To the Hornets credit they were adapting their PnR defense in the fourth and the Hawks were struggling to counter that. 

3 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

He took three straight semi-contested pull ups. Yes, we all know he can get a look at a three basically any time he wants, but as you are pointing out those are not smart shots in those situations. To the Hornets credit they were adapting their PnR defense in the fourth and the Hawks were struggling to counter that. 

When Trae pulled up for that three they hadn't adjusted.  John was on Ish again.  Keep running it until they stop it.

Also, I don't know if Capela is injured or what, but he has to start making these bunnies.

I'm not too alarmed because we are banged up and lost to two decent teams, but we got to get it together if we are expecting to not be in the playin and get homecourt.

10 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Hawks have like 4 road wins this year and have embarrassed themselves the last few games and so a win is no sure thing.

The unclutch Hawks... smdh

12 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I normally agree with you about Trae, but he needs to run the damn offense.  Off the dribble 30 ft threes ain't it when you are up five.  He can get to the basket and get to his midrange. I'm fine with him scoring, but he better be getting the ball to the hot players too.

Wasted a great Kevin and JC game. 

At least Nate learned and got JC involved this game. 

Trae is who he is...He got his numbers though....

Edited by terrell