• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Magic

lethalweapon3

Nice win. We did what we we supposed to do. Cam had some nice 3’s. We are even Steven at .500, 14-14, let’s streak a bit shall we? 

The Capela gobble block was sweet. Speaking of sweet, Lou heard us talkin and he showed out tonight.

Nuggets on Friday!

Go Hawks!

ps Collins is workin this year, hope he gets  that all star nod, we need to get more wins so he gets a legit chance to get in.

5 hours ago, marco102 said:

😂

Reminds me of Yogi Berra, “Ninety percent of the game is 50% mental.”  Dude has so much talent, but if you don’t believe in yourself as a professional athlete you’re not going to perform up to your potential.  Actually that insight gives a lot of understanding to the inconsistency we see with Cam.

Josh Smith had a false confidence that lead to great results at times, but also a lot of wtf moments.  It’s almost like Cam has the opposite, false doubt.  

I actually think false confidence is a better flaw than false doubt.  As a father I hear a lot of pain in Cam’s mentality.  Wow, this explains what I’ve felt is off with Cam, it’s hard to fix if it is deeply rooted in your mindset.  Person to person my heart goes out to Cam.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Kinda says something that when we win a game by a comfortable margin the page thread right now is 7 pages long. We lose a close game and the page count is double that from these "fans" that only show up to hate on the Hawks or Trae or Bogi or whatever the target is at the moment. 

Just sad to me.

For some people, complaining is more fun than celebrating.  It's not just a squawk phenomenon though.

In fairness to 'les miserables' though, there is generally more to say after losses than wins.  It's not just the haters descending upon us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Kinda says something that when we win a game by a comfortable margin the page thread right now is 7 pages long. We lose a close game and the page count is double that from these "fans" that only show up to hate on the Hawks or Trae or Bogi or whatever the target is at the moment. 

Just sad to me.

Don't be sad.  Just be happy the Hawks won, righted the ship to .500, and have help getting closer by the day with OO knocking on the door as we speak.  This team hasn't shown the potential to be the true contender we all hoped to see this season but they still look solidly on track to make the playoffs and there is a lot of season left to get into a better place to compete once the post-season starts.  Plenty of reason to expect this team to be materially better in a month than they are today.  Reason to enjoy the wins as they come and look forward to some good Hawks basketball.  If some people won't be satisfied if they fail to achieve the "true contender" status alongside the Bucks, Nets, Warriors, Suns, etc. then so be it.  You can't control that and a 46-38 season won't please everyone.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Just sad to me.

When posters are satisfied with a win, they don't post.  A loss is another thing altogether!

:smug:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Just sad to me.

Should there be more posts about a casual win over a team like Orlando vs 4 straight home game collapses? That loss to Houston demanded a lot of reaction.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Just sad to me.

Yes and no. So yes there are a few haters that exclusively come out from under the rock when we lose. But it's also true, when we lose there is always question of why. That in turn generates heated debate,  which leads to longer threads.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I don't celebrate wins or trash the team during a loss.  I evaluate how the team is playing and whether they have started to play winning basketball.  A team can play the exact same way against 2 team and get blown out by one and own the other so its kinda silly to pretend that the problems have somehow disappear because you happened to play one of the worst teams in the league and got an easy victory.  I'm an analyst, many of you are just strictly fans which I don't have a problem with.  I'll be honest with you, I'm very concerned about this team. Not just because of the results but mainly because of the effort or the lack there of.  Also some of the same bad habits continue to haunt certain players which might work occasionally but in the long run they won't.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, kg01 said:

For some people, complaining is more fun than celebrating.  It's not just a squawk phenomenon though.

In fairness to 'les miserables' though, there is generally more to say after losses than wins.  It's not just the haters descending upon us.

I'm the opposite, I tend to participate here less during rough stretches. Ruins my mood and I don't feel like talking about them.

• Like 3

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I'm an analyst, many of you are just strictly fans which I don't have a problem with. 

What does it mean to be an analyst in this context?  Most of us both do analysis around the players, team, roster and coaching while simultaneously having our "fan" hat on with our opinions, hopes and desires for the team but it isn't a binary separation from the way I think about it.  Hence, it suggests you are defining analyst in a different way than I am (I would say an analyst is someone who analyzes a thing and so most here qualify to one degree or another) because there are very few people I would say never analyze things and are therefore "just strictly fans."

Anyone who is a hardcore enough Hawks fan to frequent this site doesn't get limited to "just strictly fans" in my book.

• Thanks 4

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, AHF said:

Anyone who is a hardcore enough Hawks fan to frequent this site doesn't get limited to "just strictly fans" in my book.

Sorry I disagree.  There are some people that are always high off of bad wins and low after good competitive loses.  I call those people fans because they don't know the difference.  Plus when someone talks about it being a good thing when Trae turns the ball over excessively or takes bad shots...I truly wouldn't classify that person as an analyst.  He is just a fan of Trae Young.

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Should there be more posts about a casual win over a team like Orlando vs 4 straight home game collapses? That loss to Houston demanded a lot of reaction.  

That Houston loss hurts so much because we let them back in.   We didn't execute in the 4th.   Tonight, we did OK in the 4th.