My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Because it is Presti. He's capable of both doing a total rebuild and then flipping pieces for a good young player to fit on their team. I didn't say he was available to be clear. I just said he's the only guy I would want from that team since SGA is not.

A lot of teams want him, his passing wizardry can't be taught. They aren't trading him. 

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Grant 22 ppg in Detroit is about his high usage rate - he'll go back to being a 12 ppg scorer if here in Atlanta.  That's an easy pass for me.

As said around here multiple times….I believe Trae can make all his teammates better Offensively.

I like the idea of Trae playing along side a BIG lineup. To me in this era the Wing positions are interchangeable and don’t really matter to specify (at least with Trae)…so Hunter playing SG is no different than Hunter playing SF in my mind…either way he’s going to take on the best perimeter offensive talent.

For Grant while he’s not a pure shooter he gives us another guy who can put it on the floor and play defense and spot up to shoot the 3 ball.

Trae, Hunter, Grant, Collins, Capela is a strong defensive unit while still maintaining good offense that may be great on some nights.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

lol..this is the guy saying he won't do it. I believe bleacher report or something reported it.

I know, just thought it was funny.

6 minutes ago, JTB said:

As said around here multiple times….I believe Trae can make all his teammates better Offensively.

I like the idea of Trae playing along side a BIG lineup. To me in this era the Wing positions are interchangeable and don’t really matter to specify (at least with Trae)…so Hunter playing SG is no different than Hunter playing SF in my mind…either way he’s going to take on the best perimeter offensive talent.

For Grant while he’s not a pure shooter he gives us another guy who can put it on the floor and play defense and spot up to shoot the 3 ball.

Trae, Hunter, Grant, Collins, Capela is a strong defensive unit while still maintaining good offense that may be great on some nights.

so who/what are you trading for Grant? 

Rumor was that LAL offered Horten-Tucker, Nunn and their 2027 1st

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, marco102 said:

If the team is still streaking by the trade deadline, I'd stand pat.

8 more games until the deadline, what would our record need to be for everyone to be O.K. standing pat and what record would you guys be O.K. with a big move?  Or are the next 8 games irrelevant to what you guys think we should do?

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, JeffS17 said:

8 more games until the deadline, what would our record need to be for everyone to be O.K. standing pat and what record would you guys be O.K. with a big move?  Or are the next 8 games irrelevant to what you guys think we should do?

Honestly anything 3-5 or better i'd still stand pat.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I think it's more about HOW we are playing. 

But I need us to go at least 7-1 :beach:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

5-3 and I'm standing Pat.  The schedule is much easier the second half and 5-3 puts us at 9-3 in our last twelve. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

We've discussed this before, but I don't really care what the record is.  As long as they are playing well (which they are now), I'm only making a trade if it's for Simmons.  Too much risk shaking up the team chemistry for a lesser player like Grant.  I'd do a Simmons trade even if it meant possibly missing out on the playoffs this year because I think he'd make them elite for the future seasons.  If Simmons isn't traded, just stand pat and take your chances with Trae / Dre / Kev / JC / OO / CC

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

so who/what are you trading for Grant? 

Rumor was that LAL offered Horten-Tucker, Nunn and their 2027 1st

From the looks of it DET only has 1 second round pick for the upcoming draft (that may be wrong but that’s what it’s showing)…if that’s the case I would give DET our OKC first rd pick which to me is ultimately a waste being how bad OKC is along with Bogi for Jerami Grant 

image.thumb.png.7993c3f157c6a5be519734786009fda0.png

Again my reasoning is that I would prefer Trae to play alongside a BIG lineup. I believe it will make the whole team better overall…it’s what I wanted with Reddish honestly had he ever earned the starting role anyways.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

We've discussed this before, but I don't really care what the record is.  As long as they are playing well (which they are now), I'm only making a trade if it's for Simmons.  Too much risk shaking up the team chemistry for a lesser player like Grant.  I'd do a Simmons trade even if it meant possibly missing out on the playoffs this year because I think he'd make them elite for the future seasons.  If Simmons isn't traded, just stand pat and take your chances with Trae / Dre / Kev / JC / OO / CC

What if Bogi stays out the majority of these next 8 games..is chemistry really being messed with, with player who hasn’t been on the court during the win streak (shall it continues to go well)

11 minutes ago, marco102 said:

5-3 and I'm standing Pat.  The schedule is much easier the second half and 5-3 puts us at 9-3 in our last twelve. 

(*sigh* why does marqo always do this?  Ah well, gotta evoke my reverse-jinx powers yet again I guess)

8 games left huh?  You know we're going 0-9.

😟

(Whew, that was a close one.  Gotta keep an eye on his a**.  Ah, that sounds weird but you know what I mean.  Wait, who'm I talkin to?)

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, JTB said:

From the looks of it DET only has 1 second round pick for the upcoming draft (that may be wrong but that’s what it’s showing)…if that’s the case I would give DET our OKC first rd pick which to me is ultimately a waste being how bad OKC is along with Bogi for Jerami Grant 

image.thumb.png.7993c3f157c6a5be519734786009fda0.png

Again my reasoning is that I would prefer Trae to play alongside a BIG lineup. I believe it will make the whole team better overall…it’s what I wanted with Reddish honestly had he ever earned the starting role anyways.

Grant has the same issue as Cam - he wants a bigger role with whatever team he is traded too. He won't get that here.

• Like 1