• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

On 1/5/2022 at 2:39 PM, macdaddy said:

HBXUWF3NBRRGV2ECPHVR72HW6A.jpg

KAT is Moses Malone with a much better jumper.  KAT's numbers, when it's all said and done, are going to be Hall of Fame undeniable.

And KAT is only 26, which is incredible to me.  It seems as if he's been in the league 10 years easily. But this is only year 7 for KAT.

On 1/5/2022 at 4:02 PM, Peoriabird said:

Is Kat that great? 1 playoff appearance doesn't make me that trigger happy.

KAT should be the player that would make you most happy.  A true legit big, who can rebound and take away some of the superstar burden that Trae has to bear.  KAT can also create for others out the post and at the top of the key.

Like @Sothron and others have been saying, the dream frontline pairing is probably KAT and JC.  But if it's KAT and Okongwu, that works too.

Great talent, along with good chemistry, wins championships.   Out of everybody, you of all people should be all over gaining a Hall of Fame big man like KAT.

• Like 2

On 1/5/2022 at 4:23 PM, aali34 said:

Me after reading all these rumors about Cam, Dre, and JC

200.gif

This made me LOL forreal.   And that's what Hawks fans will be like.

But Travis is like a mob boss when it comes to this.  He had the balls to trade Monta Ellis when most Warriors fans thought that Monta was more valuable than Steph.

And if it makes people feel better, he traded Monta for defense ( Andrew Bogut ), and it paid off big time.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

For example...The 2018-19 Timber wolve's roster included

1. Jimmy Butler

2. Robert Covington

3. Andrew Wiggins

4. Derrick Rose

5. Taj Gibson

6. Gorgui Dieng

along with Towns Just to name a few and their coach was tom Thibbidau

You know how many games they won?   36

Did you even bother to see how many games those players played together? 

Or did you just look at the list and say . . . "Ooooo . . look at all of these recognizable names on that roster. How did they not win?"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, macdaddy said:

JC is the heart of this team.  Not that we can't be a new team without him but if we traded him we'd lose a lot more than just his on court play.   

While true, we need more than "heart".  We need heart and a massive upgrade in talent.

It's safe to say that JC will NEVER be as good of a talent as KAT in his NBA career.  And I'm a fan of JC and what he brings to the team. 

That's why I was saying that the game vs the Knicks, without Trae, was so important for him personally . . . just from a perception standpoint.  In a game in which he could've established himself as a star type player, he was just "meh".  20 pts - 8 rebs ( 7 - 18 FG ).

KAT is an offensive engine type of player.  He's a guy who could virtually eliminate all of those scoring droughts the 2nd unit encounters, by running offense through him.  We currently do not have a high level offensive player that we can do that with.  Even when healthy, we've had issues sustaining decent offense when Trae is out of the game.

Having said all of that, JC isn't traded, I'm not going to be mad at that.  He's a guy who could possibly turn into a Draymond Green type of leader, if he truly embraces being the all around team player.  Right now, I do consider him to be the leader of the Hawks.  Or at least the voice.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Not happening. We aren't breaking up the band yet.

Remember, our GM was part of the management team that did this.

Monta's body language is totally opposite than what he's saying.

And the fan response when the fans got a chance to express their feelings during the Chris Mullin jersey number retirement.

LOL @ the Warriors Hall of Famers trying to save him.  

Turns out, ownership and management were right.

Just remember that if JC or Cam . . or both Cam and Hunter, are dealt.

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

This still has me shook lol should i quit my job and become an NBA scout?  I've just been watching clips for an hour.  This must be how tax professionals felt when they didn't need pencils and paper anymore

I love watching those clips.  It dispels myths and validates opinions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

And the fan response when the fans got a chance to express their feelings during the Chris Mullin jersey number retirement.

We just signed JC to a huge deal. He's young, he's efficient, he's also a vocal guy, which we need. Trading a chucker like Ellis has no bearing on this situation. I would wager any amount of money JC does not get dealt. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He's a guy who could possibly turn into a Draymond Green type of leader,

That’s gonna be OO. In a couple years he’s gonna be our anchor and possibly point of attack on offense to give Trae a blow from handling. But Trae has got to learn to move without the ball.

22 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Or at least the voice.

He’s definitely the best Mic 🎙’d up dude for sure, with all the YES SIRRRRS and he said something funny to Cam..

OH YA, He said, “I like your game young man” (and shook his hand as they went into a timeout). 😂 funny dude. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
58 minutes ago, AHF said:

Reminds me of Anthony Davis when he was wasting on the vine in NO except without Davis' chronic injury issues.

One big difference is that Davis was a legit two way player, and had one year where he was drawing MVP votes in New Orleans. KAT is strictly a one way player. I still agree he is very underrated, and his defense is not as bad as some people say it is but he's defnitely not a plus on that end. 

13 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Ya I was there live for this, I wish they would have sunk. Lol. Oh well. There’s still time for Klay to come back and look like crap 💩 😂 

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I love watching those clips.  It dispels myths and validates opinions.

Watching the entirety of the opposing teams FGA -- makes and misses -- gives a great impression of what is going wrong with the defense.  

• Like 2