• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Kat has done nothing in the league...Booker made it the final last year and his current team has the 2nd best record in the league while Kat's team remain under the mason Dixon line as usual

You're missing GameTime's point, FWIW.

As for me, I'm not sure the rush to break up the JC+CC+OO combo. For the price and ages, I think it's one of the better 4/5 groups in the league.

• Premium Member

For example...The 2018-19 Timber wolve's roster included

1. Jimmy Butler

2. Robert Covington

3. Andrew Wiggins

4. Derrick Rose

5. Taj Gibson

6. Gorgui Dieng

along with Towns Just to name a few and their coach was tom Thibbidau

You know how many games they won?   36

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Wretch said:

FWIW to the Squawk and long time Squawk lurkers...

I know Sothron IRL.  We live in the same city and even shopped at the same comic book store.  He is grounded and genuine and I can vouch for him as a high character individual.  This is absolutely not a guy who is going to drop "rumors" for internet cred.  It'd be akin to @AHF suddenly abandoning rational analysis and hanging his hat on hyperboles or @kg01 avoiding EVERY opportunity to make a joke.  Soth is a serious dude.  I know how he got his source and I know that he's relaying it as he hears it.  ...and if he vouches for conversations with @thecampster and @NBASupes, then they share that credibility with me. 

Also, Supes...you don't have to explain yourself here.  I have digested the NBA rumor mill for 3 decades, so I get it...and I've spent the past 2 decades here with people who I know get it as well. Do your thing guys, it is much appreciated.

I can be serious too.  I'll have you know I own 2 tuxedo t-shirts.  Now good day, sir.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/goodday.gif

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Who's Facu?  That little guard?

Ya Facundo Campazzo, why would you get me started? :indifferent: You know my wifener is gonna lose it. Is wifener a term? :mellow: She’s tired of a few things..

1. Me yelling Facundo Campazzo threeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

2. Jokie Dokie (why is this aimed specifically at the Nuggs? Soth has either rubbed off on me :indifferent: (Please no rubbing Soth jokes) or I like Nugget ball. 🤭 

3. Towels on the ground. (Not mine) 

Facu is my international McConnell. 🤷‍♀️ 

8 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Also, Supes...you don't have to explain yourself here.  I have digested the NBA rumor mill for 3 decades, so I get it...and I've spent the past 2 decades here with people who I know get it as well. Do your thing guys, it is much appreciated.

I feel like this is shade thrown at Spud. That’s F’d up Wretch. I love Supes too but rumors are also rumors and many are mainstream but I’ll still listen to the smooth big daddy voice of Supes from time to time.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, marco102 said:

I want this just for the comedic relief of listening to Nique saying f*** you on air.

Omg that’s awesome. He should be required to say the whole thing for extreme comedy relief only. 

Fakundio Compazzio

-:Nique:

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
54 minutes ago, Wretch said:

FWIW to the Squawk and long time Squawk lurkers...

I know Sothron IRL.  We live in the same city and even shopped at the same comic book store.  He is grounded and genuine and I can vouch for him as a high character individual.  This is absolutely not a guy who is going to drop "rumors" for internet cred.  It'd be akin to @AHF suddenly abandoning rational analysis and hanging his hat on hyperboles or @kg01 avoiding EVERY opportunity to make a joke.  Soth is a serious dude.  I know how he got his source and I know that he's relaying it as he hears it.  ...and if he vouches for conversations with @thecampster and @NBASupes, then they share that credibility with me. 

We need to get together again my friend. I miss seeing you at Pat's or around town.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Massive Update: 

As I told a number of my PM buddies on this site, I haven't heard anything till today. So when you asked if I knew anything, I didn't. 

But I do now: 

Atlanta has been extremely aggressive in the last week. 

I am told all of these guys are available for an upgrade:

Bogi

Gallo

Delon

OKC 1st

2nd rounders. 

We are also shopping these major assets: 

Reddish

Hunter

JC

Our unprotected 1st. 

I am told: Capela, Trae, Kev, and Okongwu are the only players who aren't being shopped at all. 

I am told we have made progress with 3 and a half teams. 

1/2. Indy - We went into depth for Brogdon but what Indy wants is too much. Atlanta isn't interested in him for a major asset. 

1. Minny - Atlanta has called and offered several assets for KAT, including JC and Reddish or Hunter. I was told Atlanta hasn't mentioned picks yet but it will likely get to that point for a player of his caliber.  MIN is very interested at this time he said but aren't sure they will make a move yet. Russell and T. Prince are also on the block. Atlanta has also spoke to them about Pat Beverly. There is a chance Atlanta could try to land both Pat Bev and KAT. MIN has had interest in KAT for awhile. MIN hasn't decided yet but they could start a fast rebuild around Edwards. Atlanta also called and asked about Edwards with MIN having no interest. I am told Boston has been interested in KAT as well as Russell. I heard they don't want to move Brown or Tatum at any cost but keep an eye on Boston. 

2. NO - Atlanta called for Zion and Ingram and NO listened to offers on both! I am told there is a lot more progress for Ingram to Atlanta than Zion but I did find it interesting Zion was really listened to from NO. I am told, Ingram is expensive but a lot more reasonable than KAT or the next guy. NO seems to have a lot of interest in Reddish and have for the last couple of years but especially this year. 

3. OKC - Atlanta asked about SGA and OKC listened. I was told the price is on KAT's level so it's unlikely of any deal but Atlanta was intrigued that OKC would listen. 

Atlanta called a lot of teams, especially teams with a star or superstar. Hell, they even called the Lakers and asked about Bron and AD's availability which they aren't available. Most teams weren't interested other than these above. 

I was told that a lot of guys are available but their price is extremely high as this is a seller's market. Sabonis seems to be getting the most traction. Teams are willing to pay a fortune for him. Washington and New York are extremely interested. As is Charlotte. 

I am told it's unlikely Brogdon, LeVert, Warren, or Turner will be moved. There cost is far greater than their demand and all of them have received high demand but teams don't see them as more than quality pieces and Indy wants high end value for them. 

MIN possibly blowing it up is interesting as well. That would chance the landscape of the league. So many teams have called them but it's really hard to meet their demands and they haven't really been willing to blow it up. Everyone says it but the teams with value to do it like MIN actually can. Indy can say it but if they want too much, no one will do anything. 

Nothing has changed too much in the West. Teams are still stubborn as ever like Portland. Philly would trade them Simmons yesterday if Dame became available but Portland is not interested. They don't see Simmons as a franchise piece. That's what is hurting his value. Also, Philly thinks Harden is coming within the industry. 

Houston has also been very aggressive with their willingness to trade guys like Gordon, Wood, now Porter Jr, Augustin, and Wall. Wood price has been dropping so I would say, he's likely to be traded to someone. The teams who are interested are non-lottery teams and they wanted lottery team value for him which wasn't happening. 

Teams should start putting guys on the block soon. The Knicks have Knox on the block. Magic with Ross. Hornets with Plumlee, shocked Oubre not on the block just for example. This might be the most depressing block for PGs ever. Hardly anyone is available. 

I was told this should be a fairly quiet deadline unless New Orleans or Minnesota blows it up. He said he didn't expect this trade deadline to be too active. Way more sellers than buyers due to the cost. 

I had Trae/Hunter/Reddish/OO as my keepers..

Schlenk has Trae/Capela/Huerter/OO as his..

2 out of 4 aint bad.. lol

Edited by terrell

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I dont know the framework of the Indy one but I would imagine something like this

2a. I haven't heard of picks yet but I am sure we will offer that too if a trade is made.

2b. A package around Reddish.

3. Me too. He was off limits this summer. Makes me think OKC maybe further away more than they thought. The idea was he would be there Devin Booker is what I was told in the past. 

Not a fan of Brogdon...

Ingram yes...

I guess they want to build around Giddey......

• Premium Member
Just now, kg01 said:

But .....  does anyone know kg, irl? 😟

Spud, we should show up at Pat's, run up a tab, and tell them to charge it to @Sothron and @Wretch.

Pat is the owner of the local comic book store Columbus Comics. Although I would definitely head somewhere else to drink with @Wretch or any of you Squawkers.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm just going to leave this here:

Wow, Cam plus Solo and possibly Gallo. Man, I’m mixed on Cam, I have feelings for him, not as much as Supes but I don’t get a ton of Hawks players jerseys in their rookie year. (Ok Marvin 2 jerseys my bad there in 2005). Just don’t want us to give up on Cam, he looks the part. 

• Like 1