• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Please no, I don’t like that, at all. Ingram isn’t the one.

Right now, he's putting up 22, 6, and 9.   N.O. is not a team near contention and would be happy to get out of his contract.   Cam for Ingram is the real deal here for them... and they win.. eventually. 

I'm in agreement with you.. .Ingram is not a player I would want.   BUT......It makes sense. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @Sothron @NBASupes and @thecampster for sharing these details with us and verifying the information you received across the board with each other! I think that’s the first time since I’ve been a member on the board where I’ve seen all 3 of you verify the same info which makes it even more intriguing for me since I’ve always been a believer in your sources. Not mention I’ve been in same position knowing a source but in the NFL so I know how it feels to be attacked by the non believers….anyways a lot my feeling related to the possibility of trading for KAT is a lot of what @Sothron has already mentioned.

getting KAT to pair with Trae is a championship move. You got yourself 2 offensively gifted scorers with one being an elite passer/playmaker and the other KAT being a 3 level scorer! That’s great offensively we would have no issues as all the pressure would be on Trae and KAT to lead the offense. That’s what you want surrounded by good role players who hit their shots when their number is called.

I’ve always believed that in the NBA you’ll never win a championship without two go to scorers on the roster and it has to be a superstar/all star combo at the very least…so again if Schlenk pulls it off that would be great.

now on the flip side I also believe you can never realistically compete for a championship if you are a terrible defensive group. You at least need to be a top 12-14 defense in my opinion paired with a top 7 offense to realistically compete for championships. If you add KAT you are not fixing the defensive flaw….doesn’t mean to not add KAT of course, get him if you can by any means necessary but even with his improvements defensively he’s still not a reliable defensive player so both Trae and KAT would need to be covered big time on defense! 

Keeping Capela, Hunter or Reddish (whoever isn’t in the trade package), and OKungwu would certainly help defensively but I think more strict defensive moves would have to be made even if the players aren’t gifted offensively in any kind of way! Personally For me if we were to get KAT, I’d be for a Marcus Smart trade as well if Schlenk could somehow work it out.

i just know having Trae and KAT as the two you’re building around you must get high level defenders around these two. It’s a great risk to take so I hope Schlenk pulls it off.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Right now, he's putting up 22, 6, and 9.   N.O. is not a team near contention and would be happy to get out of his contract.   Cam for Ingram is the real deal here for them... and they win.. eventually. 

I'm in agreement with you.. .Ingram is not a player I would want.   BUT......It makes sense. 

Nah, I wouldn't worry too much about us going after a guy like Ingram. Schlenk won't touch him with a ten foot pole i can guarantee you that. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JTB said:

Thanks @Sothron @NBASupes and @thecampster for sharing these details with us and verifying the information you received across the board with each other! I think that’s the first time since I’ve been a member on the board where I’ve seen all 3 of you verify the same info which makes it even more intriguing for me since I’ve always been a believer in your sources. Not mention I’ve been in same position knowing a source but in the NFL so I know how it feels to be attacked by the non believers….anyways a lot my feeling related to the possibility of trading for KAT is a lot of what @Sothron has already mentioned.

getting KAT to pair with Trae is a championship move. You got yourself 2 offensively gifted scorers with one being an elite passer/playmaker and the other KAT being a 3 level scorer! That’s great offensively we would have no issues as all the pressure would be on Trae and KAT to lead the offense. That’s what you want surrounded by good role players who hit their shots when their number is called.

I’ve always believed that in the NBA you’ll never win a championship without two go to scorers on the roster and it has to be a superstar/all star combo at the very least…so again if Schlenk pulls it off that would be great.

now on the flip side I also believe you can never realistically compete for a championship if you are a terrible defensive group. You at least need to be a top 12-14 defense in my opinion paired with a top 7 offense to realistically compete for championships. If you add KAT you are not fixing the defensive flaw….doesn’t mean to not add KAT of course, get him if you can by any means necessary but even with his improvements defensively he’s still not a reliable defensive player so both Trae and KAT would need to be covered big time on defense! 

Keeping Capela, Hunter or Reddish (whoever isn’t in the trade package), and OKungwu would certainly help defensively but I think more strict defensive moves would have to be made even if the players aren’t gifted offensively in any kind of way! Personally For me if we were to get KAT, I’d be for a Marcus Smart trade as well if Schlenk could somehow work it out.

i just know having Trae and KAT as the two you’re building around you must get high level defenders around these two. It’s a great risk to take so I hope Schlenk pulls it off.

I don't hate taking a chance at pairing Trae with KAT but I'm not sure we can build a competent defense around them. I don't think KAT is awful defensively or anything like that, but he isn't a top defender and we probably need top defenders in the paint if we build around Trae. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

I don't hate taking a chance at pairing Trae with KAT but I'm not sure we can build a competent defense around them. I don't think KAT is awful defensively or anything like that, but he isn't a top defender and we probably need top defenders in the paint if we build around Trae. 

I think we’d have to keep Capela and Big O for sure. Like someone mentioned it’s possible BIG O would be a better defensive fit with KAT over capela.

At the 2 we’d need a flat out DOG on defense with some attitude like a Marcus smart. I just feel we need very intense defensive players with a Trae/KAT pairing. And I mean in your face, intense, high energy actual good defenders. Of course keeping hunter or reddish would be beneficial at the 3 (likely hunter since Twolves like Reddish so much)……I wouldn’t mind the KAT trade then finding a way to get Marcus smart and Roco on the team. Hell maybe even keep Wright if we hand all the duties over to Huerter to run the bench.

Another thing that’s nice about the possibility of pairing Trae and KAT….is that attitude wise as good as KAT is offensively he’s not cocky …he’s not going to come in and try to take away from Trae. With all the losing he’s had in Minny for the most part of his career  I’d be willing to bet he’d do anything asked as long as we get the W.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, JTB said:

I

Not really. 

Nothing about his past play says Championship quality.   Jimmy Butler left Minny saying that KAT was not what he seems. 

Howeveer, he's playing like an allstar this season.   I'd take a chance on him.   The cost will be high.. I just hope that he stays motivated and plays to his potential because that hasn't been the case thus far. 

51 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

JC is the heart of this team.  Not that we can't be a new team without him but if we traded him we'd lose a lot more than just his on court play.   

I like the idea of KAT, but I think I'd rather keep JC and go after Brandon Ingram to pair with JC and Trae.  If they're going to move on from Clint in the offseason, I also wonder if they'd go after Myles Turner for the 5 spot? 

Trae / Kevin / Ingram / JC / Turner as a starting 5 would be intriguing. 

3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I like the idea of KAT, but I think I'd rather keep JC and go after Brandon Ingram to pair with JC and Trae.  If they're going to move on from Clint in the offseason, I also wonder if they'd go after Myles Turner for the 5 spot? 

Trae / Kevin / Ingram / JC / Turner as a starting 5 would be intriguing. 

Is Myles Turner good? I ask this because I've legitimately seen mixed reviews on him all over the place. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Is Myles Turner good? I ask this because I've legitimately seen mixed reviews on him all over the place. 

Dude's been on the trade block for about 3 years.  What is he?  Gets blocks but isn't a great defender.  Shoots 3's but isn't a plus on offense.

On top of all that, thinks his role is too small for IND.  I think the 'idea' of him sounds better than the actuality.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Dude's been on the trade block for about 3 years.  What is he?  Gets blocks but isn't a great defender.  Shoots 3's but isn't a plus on offense.

On top of all that, thinks his role is too small for IND.  I think the 'idea' of him sounds better than the actuality.

He's basically Kevin Huerter. Everyone agrees his contract is reasonable. Everyone agrees he's a decent player and plays very good at times. But the minute you want more for him in a trade. Everyone balks!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's basically Kevin Huerter. Everyone agrees his contract is reasonable. Everyone agrees he's a decent player and plays very good at times. But the minute you want more for him in a trade. Everyone balks!

Hypothetically speaking if we get KAT…we don’t need turner and even if we don’t get KAT we still don’t need turner lol

turner was a good option before capela got here but he don’t move the needle enough unless we can’t find another scorer to pair with Trae then and only then a Turner for Capela possibility makes sense.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

If we're moving away from Clint it's for OO

There's no need to do that.   That's that BS I was talking about. 

We have Clint signed for the longterm.  Signed doesn't mean starting.   Eventually Clint will adapt to coming off the bench.  He can be our Iguadala.  Moreover, OO is good and will be good but let's not overhype him.  He's successful against certain bigs. Not all bigs.  Nor is he the rebounder that Clint is right now.   I fully expect him to best Clint soon... even though Clint is what 26?  I don't think Clint will be upset with coming off the bench when OO starts to get his comeuppance. 

I think Clint, OO, and JC is a very good rotation. 

• Like 2