• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

38 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

One big difference is that Davis was a legit two way player, and had one year where he was drawing MVP votes in New Orleans. KAT is strictly a one way player. I still agree he is very underrated, and his defense is not as bad as some people say it is but he's defnitely not a plus on that end. 

AD practically forced his way out. We aren't trading JC, who is beloved by teammates and the organization. This isn't NBA2K, it's not all about stats and matching salaries. There are personalities and perception to consider, team chemistry, relationships, etc. Like I said, JC won't be dealt. Anyone who wants to make an avatar bet on that, the door is open. 

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

AD practically forced his way out. We aren't trading JC, who is beloved by teammates and the organization. This isn't NBA2K, it's not all about stats and matching salaries. There are personalities and perception to consider, team chemistry, relationships, etc. Like I said, JC won't be dealt. Anyone who wants to make an avatar bet on that, the door is open. 

Yea, we aren't trading him a few months after signing him to a big extension. I agree 100%. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

@bleachkit

So if you dont  want JC traded, so would you do if you were in TS shoes right now and your star player needs help

They keep saying 2 for one for an IMPACT player, what the hell does “impact” mean, because JC is at least a 3rd fiddle so impact must be a Robin to Trae’s Batman. Here are the combinations, which is most likely and which is least. Unless they really mean just strictly Cam and Gallo as they state here. Wow, I’m really attached to our players I mean I do want to take the right step but these guys have kind of grown on me too. Dang. The NBA is ruthless business.

JC and Cam

JC and Hunter

Capela and Cam

Capela and Hunter

Oh here’s the clip…

Amick reports that the Hawks would be willing to offload the likes of Danilo Gallinari and Cam Reddish in a 2-for-1 trade in order to thin out the rotation and bring in an “impact player.” Gallinari is only due to earn $5 million in guaranteed money next year, though if he remains on the Hawks’ roster he’ll be due $21.45 million, making him an ideal candidate to ship off at the deadline.

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

It’s just speculation and what IFs…no one is losing sleep on hoping KAT comes here for JC lol. Most including myself are good with JC….it’s not like he hasn’t improved.

no matter what though Schlenk need to make some impact moves somewhere.

Most recent comments were on KAT cause that’s the biggest name. We can discuss Ingram, Grant, and whoever else as well

19 minutes ago, mrhonline said:

I think the most realistic option come February will end up being Jerami Grant.

I think it’s very possible as well but I’m wondering what schlenk is willing to move to get him. 
to me he’s a good player but I’m not trading away cam or hunter for him so that leaves Bogi, Huerter, gallo that the pistons would probably be interested in.

Im ok with parting ways with either Dre or Cam. Cam obviously has more raw talent and the higher potential, but Dre was able to do everything Cam is doing now on way better efficiency last season prior to injury. The prolonged injuries and absence of Dre has allowed Cam to close the gap so as far as I'm concerned it's about who you want to bet on going forward. 

Both at their best are absolutely phenomenal to watch. Cam is exciting and Dre is/was automatic and steady. I prefer Dre at his best, but we haven't seen him at his best since going down last season.

In a Cam trade for Grant, I think Dre and Grant become redundant as both are more combo forwards than they are true wings. There would be an opening at BU PF if Gallo is included but idk if you want to trade a major prospect for a backup. So do you start Grant and send Dre to the bench?

If you send out Dre, I think Cam is a better fit with Grant in the rotation as they could be on the floor together or separately as Cam is a 2/3 and Grant is a 3/4.

To me, we run in to the same roster questions by bringing in Grant. And even though he is an amazing defender, we would inevitably be trading away one of our top 2 perimeter defenders in order to get him. So again, it's tick for tack. We aren't adding anything, but replacing what we already have.

Is that worth it in the end?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Im ok with parting ways with either Dre or Cam. Cam obviously has more raw talent and the higher potential, but Dre was able to do everything Cam is doing now on way better efficiency last season prior to injury. The prolonged injuries and absence of Dre has allowed Cam to close the gap so as far as I'm concerned it's about who you want to bet on going forward. 

Both at their best are absolutely phenomenal to watch. Cam is exciting and Dre is/was automatic and steady. I prefer Dre at his best, but we haven't seen him at his best since going down last season.

In a Cam trade for Grant, I think Dre and Grant become redundant as both are more combo forwards than they are true wings. There would be an opening at BU PF if Gallo is included but idk if you want to trade a major prospect for a backup. So do you start Grant and send Dre to the bench?

If you send out Dre, I think Cam is a better fit with Grant in the rotation as they could be on the floor together or separately as Cam is a 2/3 and Grant is a 3/4.

To me, we run in to the same roster questions by bringing in Grant. And even though he is an amazing defender, we would inevitably be trading away one of our top 2 perimeter defenders in order to get him. So again, it's tick for tack. We aren't adding anything, but replacing what we already have.

Is that worth it in the end?

I'd rather send Cam out than Hunter personally.  Hunter feels like a smarter defender and has better instincts and rotations.  Cam gambles A LOT like he's still playing high school ball.  He can be really good but he's not at the level of a team defender that dre is and that's what becomes very important in the playoffs.  I also worry about the fit for Cam as it's been widely and repeatedly reported he wants a bigger role than what he has here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrhonline said:

but the problem is that Chicago is also looking at him as well (even know that they have lost a pick) and I believe that if they are going to go deep in the playoffs, they will need him no matter what.

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Heyul nawl.

I'll second this one but yell it even louder lol    I like Grant a little but not this dang much and would want a better player coming back than Grant if im sending out the equivalent of 3 1st round picks.

• Like 1

CAM IS A DAMN SUPERSTAR STOP TRYING TO TRADE HIM!!!! We finally developed him. Man, this roster is good we just need to get healthy, hold your water Travis we good, the NBA ain’t about seeds this year, I see a 7 or 8 seed knocking off a 2 or 1 specially in the East.

Hold on Travis!!! Don’t get crazy just yet.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, mrhonline said:

I dont know if Grant is an "Impact" player.   If the cost is Cam, this seems like either a lateral move or an eventual loss. 

• Like 3