• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ooh, is that right?  I just assumed he was still high level.

If you're tossin' his name around with Bazemore that's not a deal breaker, that's a deal demolisher.  That's takes that deal and ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47lufd5a0p30g4wef4rf

I see this alot... guy has a reputation as a defender and no matter how much that changes people still see them as such, the opposite is also true.

I don't think Thybulle is a great defender, his best defense is letting his guy blow by him then swiping at the ball from behind - great tactic and it works for steals, blocks and deflections which can be invaluable, but if the offensive players plays him for that he is ineffective.

• Like 3

Just now, bleachkit said:

That seems like a strange fit, plus he's on a max deal. Morey will want the farm for him as well. 

It's a strange, but intriguing fit. Ben would have to be willing to actually play like a four with Trae and guard centers.  Not sure that will work out well, but his defense is the one thing about him that's not overrated.  With Trae's ability to make a great offense on his lonesome, it is a trade I'd consider.  Not sure what they would have to give up for him though.  Def one of the young wings and a couple of first round picks. 

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47e3tzdmcvytx13rstnk

😇

ETA: I've long said we could be a suitor there.  Only issue now is timing because we would have to play much different to make it work.

I’m sorry back it up here BEEP BEEP BEEP 🛻.. when did @Sothron become an insider no offense Soth I’m still coming over for Mrs. Soth’s split pea soup 🥣 but when did you get the stripes? Congrats 🎊 🤝 

• Haha 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, mrhonline said:

Seriously?

• Staying attentive defensively
  • Being too eager for steals
  • Rebounding
  • Help defense
  • Making the extra pass
  • Mid-range shooting
  • Scoring at the rim

At least half of these are decision making or maybe i should have said mental improvements.   Mid range shooting is his main skill weakness but i don't think it's that bad.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

At least half of these are decision making or maybe i should have said mental improvements.   Mid range shooting is his main skill weakness but i don't think it's that bad.  

His ability to get to his midrange is very good, but his effectiveness on them is abysmal right now.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, marco102 said:

Man you've been going hard on the get rid of Cam train lately...lol

I'm not advocating we get rid of him at all (I really don't see anyone advocating we get rid of him for anything less than a perennial all-star type player), just playing devils advocate to some of the strong attachment people have to his potential.  I have always loved Cam as a prospect and I still do, but I think that's exactly what he still is -- a high ceiling prospect.  He's not PG or even on the same track as PG.  I feel like people here are not remembering how good PG was in his third year.  He was a first team defense player, an all-star, and an All-NBA player.  He eliminated our Hawks in the first round and led the Pacers in points, rebounds, assists, and steals.  Cam isn't even a clear starter right now.

Obviously the circumstances are much different for Cam and as @JayBirdHawk has mentioned multiple times in this thread and prior ones, Cam is really like 1/3 the way into his second season in terms of games played.  He also was injured his first summer and had injury setbacks on another summer worth of development, not to mention the Covid gap where everything went wonky.  He hasn't had the development time you would normally get by your 3rd year and he was a 1 and done unlike Hunter who developed a lot of his game in college.  It's still way too early to make judgement on what Cam will become, but we would be VERY lucky if he ends up on the same level as PG.  He has A LOT of work and development before he reaches that level.  Reading the comments around here it feels like a lot of people think he's a lot closer to PG than he actually is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I'm not advocating we get rid of him at all (I really don't see anyone advocating we get rid of him for anything less than a perennial all-star type player), just playing devils advocate to some of the strong attachment people have to his potential.  I have always loved Cam as a prospect and I still do, but I think that's exactly what he still is -- a high ceiling prospect.  He's not PG or even on the same track as PG.  I feel like people here are not remembering how good PG was in his third year.  He was a first team defense player, an all-star, and an All-NBA player.  He eliminated our Hawks in the first round and led the Pacers in points, rebounds, assists, and steals.  Cam isn't even a clear starter right now.

Obviously the circumstances are much different for Cam and as @JayBirdHawk has mentioned multiple times in this thread and prior ones, Cam is really like 1/3 the way into his second season in terms of games played.  He also was injured his first summer and had injury setbacks on another summer worth of development, not to mention the Covid gap where everything went wonky.  He hasn't had the development time you would normally get by your 3rd year and he was a 1 and done unlike Hunter who developed a lot of his game in college.  It's still way too early to make judgement on what Cam will become, but we would be VERY lucky if he ends up on the same level as PG.  He has A LOT of work and development before he reaches that level.  Reading the comments around here it feels like a lot of people think he's a lot closer to PG than he actually is.

I don't know many who think Cam is PG right now, but you have to put on your scouting goggles with Cam and kind of be less results oriented.  What I look at is what is he able to do and not as much as what is he able to do successfully right now.  I generally wait until 5 of 6 years in before I say this is what a player is because many players make a jump in years 4, 5, and 6 as far as efficiency.  

Cam is able to do a lot offensively and defensively.  He needs time to put it all together and like many have said, his actual games played is really low for a third year player. That's why I'm not as critical of him as some.  His ceiling maybe better than PG, but his most likely outcome is a quality three and D wing who at times can go nuclear for you. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3