My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, aali34 said:

This Cam and Grant talk sounds eerily similar to when some people were comparing JC and Tobias Harris...

Don't think anyone would wanna revisit that conversation now lol.

@kg01  said we gotta name names in 2022.  I'll start, it's a long list:

Spoiler

Amazing-Grace-long-list.gif

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I think when the main pieces of your roster are well below 25 and you have a special talent like Cam or even Hunter you just give them time to develop, when they reach 25/26 then you already have an idea of what they are going to be and then you make  a decission. We don’t need to win a ring today. If you want to improve the roster at wing position use Gallo, Delon, Lou, Dieng, Bogi or Huerter or a draft pick.  If you include Huerter must be for a real special player. You just don’t give up on 2 way player with star potential.

For every Giannis and Kawhi, there is a Josh Jackson and Jarrett Culver or even a Rudy Gay and Josh Smith.  We have to be honest that there is a wide range of outcomes. 

The main concern with waiting for some of these guys to develop is how Trae will handle it.  We've already given out big contracts and will not be signing free agents of any merit.  If we wait 3 more years and none of this plays out, then Trae gets tired of being one of the best players in the league without a decent supporting cast.  The superstar always says they want to bring a title to the home team, but then out of nowhere there is a trade demand.  For a franchise like ours we have to do everything we can to appease the star.  Waiting and hoping for draft picks to become stars may not be the best strategy.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

For every Giannis and Kawhi, there is a Josh Jackson and Jarrett Culver or even a Rudy Gay and Josh Smith.  We have to be honest that there is a wide range of outcomes. 

The main concern with waiting for some of these guys to develop is how Trae will handle it.  We've already given out big contracts and will not be signing free agents of any merit.  If we wait 3 more years and none of this plays out, then Trae gets tired of being one of the best players in the league without a decent supporting cast.  The superstar always says they want to bring a title to the home team, but then out of nowhere there is a trade demand.  For a franchise like ours we have to do everything we can to appease the star.  Waiting and hoping for draft picks to become stars may not be the best strategy.  

Counter point:

Yeah, but consider that Trae is really close with these players and from Trae's dad twitter account he's is really close to the wings you want to get rid of and knows how talented both are. Trae's trainer said in a twitter space that Trae himself said that Cam is the most talented player on our team on offense and defense.  He believes in Cam and Dre and is probably willing to wait for them a few more seasons.

Shipping his close teammates away will piss him off as quickly as bringing in an upgrade that doesn't work out while those players thrive in other environments. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think if it is a 'significant upgrade' (so not the Grant's of the world) and Trae can see the possibilities of contending - he would be ok with the move.

Oh for sure, but most here want to trade just to trade because we don't have time to wait on our young wings to develop.

Now even I wouldn't mine Jaylen Brown, Jason Tatum, or Brandon Ingram (now this one is a push for me), but at what cost? I'm good standing pat this season up to the trade deadline next season depending on results.

Neither of the Jays are available and what significant trade is realistic right now that we can ship either one out for. Pretty sure none. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Yeah, but consider that Trae is really close with these players and from Trae's dad twitter account he's is really close to the wings you want to get rid of and knows how talented both are. Trae's trainer said in a twitter space that Trae himself said that Cam is the most talented player on our team on offense and defense.  He believes in Cam and Dre and is probably willing to wait for them a few more seasons.

Ship his friends away will piss him off as quickly as bringing in an upgrade that don't work out while those players thrive in other environments. 

That's a factor no one considers. Team relationships. That's one reason I think a JC trade is so unlikely, among several others. These days there are only certain kinds of players that generally get traded, role players who have likely peaked, or aging and/or disgruntled stars, or rebuilding teams on a fire sale. But trading an established young star from team coming off a ECF appearance is not common.

• Like 4

Just now, NBASupes said:

Trading Cam would piss everyone off. For sure but they will get over it if the player they bring in is significant. Even I would have to get over it in, in that case. But a player of less significance will just start the beginning of the end movement in Atlanta. 

Oh sure, same here.  I'm willing to deal anyone not named Trae if a true star is available.  However, I'm not trading Cam for the Bradley Beals of the world. 

Zach Lavine - Good bye Cam and whoever else it takes to get him.

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, terrell said:

Im not even on the Grant train.. I see him as more of a 4 than a 3..

Heres' another one..

lol

FIYw3RkacAEmAr4.thumb.jpg.1ec8e4107a434cbdfa483debee663eaf.jpg

I wanted the Hawks to get Beasly as part of the 3Way Capela trade 2 years ago.  Now not so much: We'd have too much money tied up at SG with Bogi ($18 mil), Huerter ($14) and Beasly ($14 mil) - and he hasn't been good this year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JTB said:

currently

Oh not currently but I’ve watched enough NBA in 40 years to know that he’s one of them, he has IT, he has tools, consistency and experience is the only thing needed and that comes with time, he was just a teen not too long ago. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I like Brad Jamalos list over on realgm. He had us getting some impact dudes namely Brown and Smart. But again it’ll have to be a 3 way I can’t stomach a 1 on 1 trade with the C’s. Fool me thrice…

Not Smart.  I think he's not as good defensively anymore - he is just throwing his body around (a la Baze, looking good playing defense but not actually playing any) - and he cannot shoot and can't handle and run an offense.

Brown can't/don't do much else but ISO score - he has really bad handles and didn't see a shot he didn't like, does not pass the ball.  I don't know what his defense is like anymore.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Not Smart.  I think he's not as good defensively anymore - he is just throwing his body around (a la Baze, looking good playing defense but not actually playing any) - and he cannot shoot and can't handle and run an offense.

Brown can't/don't do much else but ISO score - he has really bad handles and didn't see a shot he didn't like, does not pass the ball.  I don't know what his defense is like anymore.

Nice I’ll go tell Brad it blows! :smile:

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This why I'm like wait on our young wings this season.  The real options aren't much of an upgrade.  Although, I'd consider Brown.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ooh, is that right?  I just assumed he was still high level.

If you're tossin' his name around with Bazemore that's not a deal breaker, that's a deal demolisher.  That's takes that deal and ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47lufd5a0p30g4wef4rf

• Haha 3