• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

I’m rooting for Schlenk….if you can get an all star player by  all means you do it! 

that would be a big turning point in hawks history to have two amazing scorers at the same time. I hope to hear some good news in the next coming weeks. Obviously I’m talking about KAT.

Edited by JTB
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Sothron said:

If we get KAT and lose JC I will be both very happy and very sad. I love Collins. I thought keeping him was necessary. It would take a superstar coming back (like KAT) for me to be ok with trading Collins because as much as I love that guy he's not a superstar. 

KAT and Capela could work but I definitely think KAT and OO would be a better pairing since OO moves way better than either bigger guy and OO could guard 4's better than KAT can.

Not happening. We aren't breaking up the band yet.

• Like 2

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Diesel said:

There's no need to do that.   That's that BS I was talking about. 

We have Clint signed for the longterm.  Signed doesn't mean starting.   Eventually Clint will adapt to coming off the bench.  He can be our Iguadala.  Moreover, OO is good and will be good but let's not overhype him.  He's successful against certain bigs. Not all bigs.  Nor is he the rebounder that Clint is right now.   I fully expect him to best Clint soon... even though Clint is what 26?  I don't think Clint will be upset with coming off the bench when OO starts to get his comeuppance. 

I think Clint, OO, and JC is a very good rotation. 

Yeah and maybe it will seem reasonable by then but his salary is a lot for a one dimensional C off the bench.   If we can afford it fine but we'll see.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
59 minutes ago, Diesel said:

He's successful against certain bigs. Not all bigs.

I was with you until this part.  OO is the truth, and this board will come around soon enough.  He can defend all bigs and pretty much anyone that's not a super shifty guard.  I can see Clint/OO sharing equal minutes next year and OO taking the starting role, but we will likely need to trade Clint before his contract expires because we will have a 1 year overlap with him and OO getting paid on a new deal.  There are a ton of factors to consider (cap spike, how deep into tax ressler can handle, wing situation, etc.) but that's my guess...

• Premium Member

Bene busy at work and just caught up on all of the chatter from yesterday...

Just from watching all the practice videos and interviews, and reading about the team through Sarah/Kirschner interviews/articles, and hearing everyone, my inuition has always been that Cam is by far the most likely to be traded (which everyone is confirming here).  I say that because what Cam offers to the team is strictly on the court.  You see the chemistry between the other guys constantly, and you hear aobut Kev staying late/getting up early to feed guys shots, you hear about JC being the heart and soul of the team, you see the chemistry between Dre and the guys on the bench, Bogi seems to be settled in and vocal with the guys, but Cam just seems out of place.  Idk if it's because he's not happy with his role or because he's generally more introverted and reclusive, but he clearly looks like the odd guy out and I have to imagine those non-basketball reasons make trade decisions easier for Schlenk.

Always felt this way from watching the team so closely, but Schlenk might not care at all and just loo kat the Xs and Os -- TBD i suppose lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I was with you until this part.  OO is the truth, and this board will come around soon enough.  He can defend all bigs and pretty much anyone that's not a super shifty guard.  I can see Clint/OO sharing equal minutes next year and OO taking the starting role, but we will likely need to trade Clint before his contract expires because we will have a 1 year overlap with him and OO getting paid on a new deal.  There are a ton of factors to consider (cap spike, how deep into tax ressler can handle, wing situation, etc.) but that's my guess...

Nurkic gave him that work against Portland.  I was really surprised by that. He's good at defending certain bigs just like Capela.  Luckily we have both. 

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Nurkic gave him that work against Portland.  I was really surprised by that. He's good at defending certain bigs just like Capela.  Luckily we have both. 

Nurkic scored on him literally 1 time (at 2:30 in the video below) with a nice spin move where he basically pushed OO down.  I won't defend OO too hard here because Nurk has a nice bag for a 300lb center, BUT the refs were not allowing guys to play defense in this game.  And Nurk scored on him 1 time lol I wouldn't say he "gave him that work".  OO was only -1 in that game (Capela was -4) and the guy was mostly sharing the court with LOU WILLIAMS

26 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Bene busy at work and just caught up on all of the chatter from yesterday...

Just from watching all the practice videos and interviews, and reading about the team through Sarah/Kirschner interviews/articles, and hearing everyone, my inuition has always been that Cam is by far the most likely to be traded (which everyone is confirming here).  I say that because what Cam offers to the team is strictly on the court.  You see the chemistry between the other guys constantly, and you hear aobut Kev staying late/getting up early to feed guys shots, you hear about JC being the heart and soul of the team, you see the chemistry between Dre and the guys on the bench, Bogi seems to be settled in and vocal with the guys, but Cam just seems out of place.  Idk if it's because he's not happy with his role or because he's generally more introverted and reclusive, but he clearly looks like the odd guy out and I have to imagine those non-basketball reasons make trade decisions easier for Schlenk.

Always felt this way from watching the team so closely, but Schlenk might not care at all and just loo kat the Xs and Os -- TBD i suppose lol

I have some inside info that Cam is LOVED by Trae. My inside info is more from twitter spaces and the people that come on and talk (Rashad Phillips, tweets from trae's dad and Trae's trainer).  Have you seen how the team reacts when Cam has it going?  

I don't think he's out of place and most of our young core talk about how talented Cam is and they understand if he can get that consistency on both ends it'll move us up a tier.  In a twitter interview, OO said he's closest with Cam and Dre on the team. 

I just think Cam and Dre both have quiet demeanors and the reason Cam is on the trade block is most teams see his potential and want to see if they can tap in and bring it out.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

I like the idea of KAT, but I think I'd rather keep JC and go after Brandon Ingram to pair with JC and Trae.  If they're going to move on from Clint in the offseason, I also wonder if they'd go after Myles Turner for the 5 spot? 

Trae / Kevin / Ingram / JC / Turner as a starting 5 would be intriguing. 

Trae/Kevin wont work longterm defensively imo.........Trae needs a gritty defender at the 2..(Call Memphis and asked about Dillon Brooks, as they have Bane now. lol)

And not a fan of Turner..We dont need any more soft players..

I like Ingram but not for Cam or Hunter. Not yet. anyway.. lol.. For Gallo, Lou,  JJ, and picks sure......

Just saw BI has a defensive rating of 114.9 which isnt good at all..

7 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Nurkic scored on him literally 1 time (at 2:30 in the video below) with a nice spin move where he basically pushed OO down.  I won't defend OO too hard here because Nurk has a nice bag for a 300lb center, BUT the refs were not allowing guys to play defense in this game.  And Nurk scored on him 1 time lol I wouldn't say he "gave him that work".  OO was only -1 in that game (Capela was -4) and the guy was mostly sharing the court with LOU WILLIAMS

He scored on him twice, but OO had a hard time keeping Nurk from getting to his spots and Nurk was generally able to back him down which surprised me when considering how good OO played Embiid and Giannis.  It was just an off night from him.

https://www.nba.com/game/atl-vs-por-0022100560/box-score#box-score

You should use the link above to watch all the shots and put up by each player. 

Shout out to @TheNorthCydeRises for putting me on to this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

There's no need to do that.   That's that BS I was talking about. 

We have Clint signed for the longterm.  Signed doesn't mean starting.   Eventually Clint will adapt to coming off the bench.  He can be our Iguadala.  Moreover, OO is good and will be good but let's not overhype him.  He's successful against certain bigs. Not all bigs.  Nor is he the rebounder that Clint is right now.   I fully expect him to best Clint soon... even though Clint is what 26?  I don't think Clint will be upset with coming off the bench when OO starts to get his comeuppance. 

I think Clint, OO, and JC is a very good rotation. 

Capela will be 28 in May..

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, marco102 said:

He scored on him twice, but OO had a hard time keeping Nurk from getting to his spots and Nurk was generally able to back him down which surprised me when considering how good OO played Embiid and Giannis.  It was just an off night from him.

https://www.nba.com/game/atl-vs-por-0022100560/box-score#box-score

You should use the link above to watch all the shots and put up by each player. 

Shout out to @TheNorthCydeRises for putting me on to this.

woowwww first of all this is amazing lol i am about to save a ton of time arguing with ppl on the internet!

Most of this is Nurk cooking Capela, but I do see the other shot he made on OO, difficult hook shot.  I watched all his misses too and OO played him well it seemed like to me.  I don't remember him playing that bad but our whole team defense was atrocious so it's tough to judge.  I'm not trying to act like OO doesn't have bad games, I just didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

woowwww first of all this is amazing lol i am about to save a ton of time arguing with ppl on the internet!

Most of this is Nurk cooking Capela, but I do see the other shot he made on OO, difficult hook shot.  I watched all his misses too and OO played him well it seemed like to me.  I don't remember him playing that bad but our whole team defense was atrocious so it's tough to judge.  I'm not trying to act like OO doesn't have bad games, I just didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

Yeah, that was my reaction too.

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, marco102 said:

This still has me shook lol should i quit my job and become an NBA scout?  I've just been watching clips for an hour.  This must be how tax professionals felt when they didn't need pencils and paper anymore

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

This still has me shook lol should i quit my job and become an NBA scout?  I've just been watching clips for an hour.  This must be how tax professionals felt when they didn't need pencils and paper anymore

As an accountant, it is how we felt when we went paperless...lol

• Haha 4