• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bushel-o'-Bulls "at" Handful-o'-Hawks

lethalweapon3

38 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I watched the game. He had good contests on a ton of their shots.  They hit them, but it wasn't bad defense.

Yeah, despite the result this was one of the better defensive games I've seen from Cam this year. Granted it may have been because DeRozan is so content to settle for contested midrange shots. Just about anyone else taking those shots and you're quite pleased with the defense. And then LaVine hit some just stupid shots too.

It's hard for me to be too critical of these wacky COVID games, but it sure makes all those earlier losses hurt more. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Hawks next 6 are on the road including a west coast swing that includes the Blazers, Kings, Lakers and Clipps!!!

Adam Silver, I hate you. Seriously, we do well last year and he tries his hardest to destroy us. :angry2:

You’re gonna make me watch and decide for myself aren’t you? 

All of those West Coast teams are pretty bad... lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You're being a little sensitive now. 

I initially said that they cooked our wings.  No names named.

You then said that Cam didn't get cooked.

I then said that Lavine and DeRozan got anything they wanted regardless of who was guarding them, and that Cam didn't slow either guy down.

At worst, together Lavine and DeRozan made 6 - 7 shots over Cam.  Even if he contested 5 of them, he still got that barbeque action from them.

They made tough shots.  I tip my hat to them.  That still doesn't take away from Cam's outstanding offensive game. tonight.

But he caused a lot of misses too. I'm not being sensitive, just saying he had a good defensive and  great offensive game.

Sometimes someone making shots over you doesn't mean you aren't playing good defense.  Great offense generally beats good defense.

Edited by marco102

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, terrell said:

All of those West Coast teams are pretty bad... lol

I disagree. 

I think we can win against  the Blazers and the Lakers if Trae Plays.. We may be able to do something with the Kings but that's iffy. 

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

I disagree. 

I think we can win against  the Blazers and the Lakers if Trae Plays.. We may be able to do something with the Kings but that's iffy. 

Well thats 2 out of 4 .. lol

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

I disagree. 

Every team on that trip is beatable.  The Lakers are hot garbage and will be without AD. Portland plays worst defense than US.  Sacramento is garbage on defense too. The Clippers will be without Paul George and that makes that game much more winnable. 

The toughest games are against the Bulls and Cleveland and I don't think those are winnable unless we get OO, JC, and Gallo back.

50 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

This team doesn't have many players worth keeping. Horrible team and Schlenk should be fired.

Cam is Gerald Green basically. A volume scoring 3D player.

Schlenk should have known better than to give Cap and Collins big contracts. Now this team is doomed.

Have they done anything notable yet this season?

Trae, Cam, Hunter, OO are my keepers...

I wouldnt lose any sleep if anyone else is moved in the future...

I agree on Collins and Capela. 

That early extension was ridiculous.

And we Shouldve signed and traded Collins to the Spurs for Derozan when we had the chance....

One things for sure... Those 2 DO NOT move the needle for this team....

Edited by terrell

2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Wow.  When they come out with video box scores?!?!  Them folks at NBA.com ain’t playing.

But yeah this team has crap rotations.  The best defensive teams get there a step early, the worst ones always late if at all.  So much defensive versatility missing in Wright, Dre, and OO tonight so no surprise.  I’m just hoping the team is fully healthy and ducking the ‘Rona for the last month.  They’ll make up ground quickly for a sneak-in spot.

Theyve had those clips for years now 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

I've known Hots for many years.  He could find something wrong with a championship parade in Atlanta.  He'd prolly try to trade that whole team... 

I've said this before and I will say it again... This team had the 2nd half last year That they had because of the head coaching change, players were playing for contracts and nothing was really expected of them.

All if that has changef. The honeymoon of Nate being head coach is over, the team hasn't been able to handle the fact that that they now have a target on their backs... And players who got big contracts look at least somewhat unmotivated.

But you just want to write everything off to "muh injuries" when even when they were reletively healthy earlier in the year they weren't that good.

Even when they are healthy, you have Trae and a bunch of 3rd/4th options. That isn t likely to change.

Mover, this team seems to have a fair number of injury prone players and so maybe they're never fully healthy.

This team has shown almost nothing of note This season..

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

I've said this before and I will say it again... This team had the 2nd half last year That they had because of the head coaching change, players were playing for contracts and nothing was really expected of them.

All if that has changef. The honeymoon of Nate being head coach is over, the team hasn't been able to handle the fact that that they now have a target on their backs... And players who got big contracts look at least somewhat unmotivated.

But you just want to write everything off to "muh injuries" when even when they were reletively healthy earlier in the year they weren't that good.

Even when they are healthy, you have Trae and a bunch of 3rd/4th options. That isn t likely to change.

Mover, this team seems to have a fair number of injury prone players and so maybe they're never fully healthy.

This team has shown almost nothing of note This season..

If this team played hard because of a contract, that means that they can play hard again. 

But you believe things that are not true.  You say that we haven't been injured all year??

We started off with Cam, OO, and Gallo out. 

Then Gallo came back... and it was good for a minute (Still no Cam and OO).  Then Hunter got hurt. 

After Hunter got hurt... Cam came back.

Then Solo got hurt. 

After Cam came back...  Bogi got hurt.   

Then Cam and OO got back.  

Then we went into this Massive Covid Epidemic

now.. 11 of our players are not available. 

We have 6 players on 10 day contracts. 

That's the injury picture.   You will try to downplay the importance of a player.. because that's what you do but how can you evaluate this team when we've had so many players not playing?  How can you evaluate the coaching when every night, he has to work with a new lineup?  With these 10 day players, last night they said that we were playing guys who couldn't find the lockerroom.. and they were not joking.

2nd point.

We stayed pat.

Others teams got immensely better. 

The Knicks got better.

The Bulls got better. 

The Wizards got better. 

That doesn't mean that we're worse, it means that in order to compete, we need our whole team healthy. 

Last night's game was not a bad game on our part.   You can't critique anybody especially with the lack of personnel we had and tell me that we're a bad team. 

• Like 1

WAIT.  Sure, we lost.  But, does anyone remember that this Hawk team was within 4 points of the Bulls in the middle of the 4th quarter?  Impossible?  Nope.  It's true.

Atlanta had players who played last night that had just walked into the team meeting a few hours earlier.  They actually looked like they fit with the other players.

Bulls had two players who carried their scoring.  Their shots kept falling.  Remember, they are one of the best teams in the east and we are just hanging on.  Having 10 of 15 Hawk players out didn't help.

:MooseGoggles:

• Like 2