• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Raptors at Hawks

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Without Trae there's just not enough offense despite how well the defense plays. It's not enough to overcome the loss of Trae. 

And JC with ANOTHER bricked 3. SMH

As much as I can't stand Trae hogging the ball, to close a game, you need him to drive to the rim OR kick out to Deandre or Bogi on the wing.  Collins has no business taking that shot.

Edited by Hawkmoor

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I need to see what Collins is shooting from 3 in these last 5 or so games.   

Did you pick five games arbitrarily? He's shooting 0-8...lol

Hate to lose, but if we had taken care of the ball in the 3rd it would have been a win. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Hats off to Toronto. Sucks Trae didn't play tonight or we smoke them. 

I was really fearing Toronto with Trae.  Now watching them, we can beat them easily in Toronto. I thought Toronto's defense was much better than it was.  There were so many missed opportunities that Trae would have exploited if he was in the game.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

It's not about hogging the ball. Trae routinely draws doubles and has an ELITE ability to pass out of it and find open shooters. He can get to the rim. He draws fouls. He makes clutch 3s. All of those things makes life easier for every other player on the team.  

THATS the problem. He VERY RARELY does that.  He takes on the whole defense with the wings out their standing by themselves.

• Confused 3

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

We are averaging 98 points in games Trae doesn't play. This notion we would play "better team ball" offensively wihtout Trae is asinine. He's at very worst a top 3 offensive player in this league ATM behind only Jokic and Embiid. 

That's putting it mildly. The Hawks have the 2nd best offense in the NBA and its precisely because of Trae. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

This game show us that we need another ballhandler/playmaker besides Trae because Nurse was smart with hard double teams and traps that made the 3rd quarter miserable.  

This is one of the two reasons we should try to get Simmons or at least a playmaking SG to put next to Trae.

• Premium Member
Just now, NekiEcko said:

This game show us that we need another ballhandler/playmaker besides Trae because Nurse was smart with hard double teams and traps that made the 3rd quarter miserable.  

The starting unit with Delon, Huerter, Hunter, Collins, Cap is not good. We struggled in the first quarter scoring and that's despite Huerter not missing a shot, in the third quarter they were abysmal.

Hunter is not a good offensive player, I know people don't want to hear this, but he doesn't pass the ball, he can't really create off the dribble and isn't particularly efficient and doesn't get to the line. He works well with Trae lineups where he can get open shots but he is terrible in none Trae lineups. If Trae misses more games we need to play Lou at PG in that starting linuep, and play Delon in the second unit lineup with Gallo and Bogi. 

Just now, Hawkmoor said:

THATS the problem. He VERY RARELY does that.  He takes on the whole defense with the wings out their standing by themselves.

If the wings moved without the ball, instead of standing there and watching him, maybe Trae would pass it to them.

( Just seeing if the "Trae should move more off the ball" statement, works for our wings as well ).

• Like 3

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Damn Van Fleet made a slick ass play.

Im only letting you know because I went so many years thinking he was Van Fleet. It even made sense when you put the two words together. I eventually saw he was actually VanVleet and I couldn’t accept it. Still can’t…

• Haha 2