• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Celtics

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We fold to pressure and Nate is too slow to recognize and adjust.

Nate called a timeout at the 10:34 mark with the lead down to 7. He should have subbed in Bogi then just based on how Boston was playing Trae. We needed Bogi's ball handling and playmaking. It was another 2 minutes before Bogi came in with the lead now down to 1.

Nate's problem is his inability to be flexible with his rotations timing. Time and circumstances matter in these games.

And then he still kept Hunter in. Should have had Bogi and Huerter or Bogi and Delon in there. 

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:laugh1:

:sarcastic:I’m so confused right now. I saw with my own eyes how he looked like a baby Kawhi and didn’t take Len’s word for it, and now I’m watching a completely different guy it seems. 

I don’t know, is confidence that much of an influence? I mean, his skill set is there, his body is the same if not stronger than last year or the year before…

Its confidence or Nate is really putting him in places he’s not comfortable at all.

ps Marvin Hunter sounds like a real person. We got any Marv Hunt’s up in squawk? :sarcastic:

• Haha 1

• Moderators

Trae needs Bogi in the game with him.  Kevin looked better last year partially because it was Trae, Bogi, Kev so he got easier chances because Trae and Bogi are real threats.   No one is that concerned with Kev and Hunter so they just make life hard for Trae and live with what those guys can do which lately is not much.   

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Just saw this..

Atlanta Hawks wing Bogdan Bogdanovic didn't mince words when talking about his team's struggles this season. After blowing a big lead and losing to the Boston Celtics, Bogdanovic said the Hawks have lost their identity.

"We lost that identity on how to win games," Bogdanovic said. "We executed bad. We didn't find a way to win the game."

Bogdanovic also said the Hawks can't be considered a good team when they lose games to undermanned teams. Boston lost Jaylen Brown early in the game to a sprained ankle. He did not return, but the Celtics still outscored the Hawks 56-33 in the second half.

"When you're up 15 and they lose one of the top two guys on the team and if you're not able to win that game, you're not a good team."

@Sothron I’m calling you out! Why you gotta make it a jerry springer show all the time? :gum:

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

@Sothron I’m calling you out! Why you gotta make it a jerry springer show all the time? :gum:

I made a post about this. I told all of you for weeks Bogi wasn't happy. He's the best player on our team not named Trae and he's coming off the bench so Kevin and Hunter can play like dog crap night after night. He's telling the truth.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

They adjusted their defense on Trae and there is no plan B with the starting unit. Should have inserted Bogi waaay earlier. 

Thats always the case..Hawks are too easy to adjust to...See 2nd half woes.. We're the Falcons of the NBA..

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I made a post about this. I told all of you for weeks Bogi wasn't happy. He's the best player on our team not named Trae and he's coming off the bench so Kevin and Hunter can play like dog crap night after night. He's telling the truth.

Was talking about the new thread for it. :stfu:

Soth, you told us a lotta things lol. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Imagine sitting on the bench and watching Hunter and Huerter play.. Good grief...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, terrell said:

Thats always the case..Hawks are too easy to adjust to...See 2nd half woes.. We're the Falcons of the NBA..

I told ya'll. These guys are below average. 

To be honest, they will never be a great regular season team outside of spamming something new. 

They are still built for the playoffs. 

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

To be honest, they will never be a great regular season team outside of spamming something new. 

jim-mora-mora.gif.be32356096074f9a9ba4fae81a33b9a9.gif

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I actually think the offense broke in this game because we went back to relying on Trae to be Trae rather than leaning on other guys to step up. And Trae being hobbled wasn't able to break the defense down because he didn't have the burst to get into the lane. When Trae went out in the second, others started taking on the onus and stepped up. Hell, even Delon Wright became more aggressive. But when Trae returned, everyone went back to their normal gear and watched and waited for Trae to do what he does, but his ankle didn't allow him to and then the offense stagnated.

Our better road wins were without Trae (Sixers, Cavs). The few times Trae has been good or excellent on the road (Portland), the rest of the team shit the bed.. 

Edited by terrell