• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Celtics

lethalweapon3

Hasn't Simmons' sister also accused their brother (not Ben) of some kind of sexual abuse?  Not that these rumors aren't true, but seems there's more going on there.

I'm not sure if he's helping or hurting but what I do know is that guy's not the reason we're bad this year.  Not sure why he's such a target.

• Premium Member

Well that escalated quickly....from not liking Nate's coaching syle to this....but as an aside Ben's sister accused another brother of sexual assault as well so viewing this with that lens as well gives me pause. Just saying.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Well all i can say is it does matter who starts.   Kev and Dre repeatedly stinking up the place while Bogi is coming off the bench is bad in a lot of ways.   But mainly it's just bad messaging by Nate that these 2 seem to get a pass for bad play.  I understand they are good on the defensive end but that can't be the only measure.  

Not sure how Skyler and JJ get in a game these days.  There again i don't think that's going to make a ton of difference but i'm ready for something.  I'm not happy with Nate but these guys played like total crap and they need to be accountable.  

• Like 1

Drastic thought:  Sit Hunter on the bench.  Start Jalen Johnson.  What?  And lose the game?  Atlanta just lost the game with Hunter.  In fact, Hawks got buried in the 3rd quarter.

I know.  Nate would rather lose the game than do this.  Hello.  Do something.  This season is killing all thoughts of being good enough to make the playoffs.  

😪

• Moderators
  • Moderators

Having fully caught on on the thread quick moderator comment:

In several places in this thread, we devolved into discussing whether particular posters had an agenda, etc.  You guys know what I'm about to say about that.  Just respond to the content of the post.  Don't try to label other posters or try to critique them as biased, etc.  It is fine to disagree with them and to call out your difference in view on any bball issue.  But you can do that without talking about the poster at all.  Let's try to avoid that going forward, especially when we are all frustrated by the way a game is progressing (as that tends to increase the amount of sniping we do at one another).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, AHF said:

goggles.gif?itok=aZ4jRVTd&mtime=15012179

Just can't help put add this

tumblr_ms2q9gAeuJ1s80ppfo4_250.gif

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

It might just not be our year people. Some tough decisions await us in the off-season. 

Honestly i think this was what management decided at the deadline.  

• Haha 1

We were up 50-33, had a smile on my face. We looked like we were gonna run away with it. 

Also felt the Celts came out crazy aggressive trying to dictate the pace in the 3rd quarter. We played into their hands.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, terrell said:

When I saw Nate was hiring his son, I knew we were doomed.. smh

Travis has some big decisions to make in the offseason... Im sick of Nate already tbh..And Yall know how I feel about Schlenk.. lol

This really bothered me and still does.  I have a lot of complaints about Nate that I chalk up to differences in age and mentality but shameless nepotism is never excused.  LP had red flags and needed to go but the change in staff and the way we run our offense have gotten much worse.  Our deep run last year turned out to be a bit of a curse and I wouldn't be opposed to getting rid of Nate IF we have a solid replacement to back fill him.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

We were up 50-33, had a smile on my face. We looked like we were gonna run away with it. 

Also felt the Celts came out crazy aggressive trying to dictate the pace in the 3rd quarter. We played into their hands.

They adjusted their defense on Trae and there is no plan B with the starting unit. Should have inserted Bogi waaay earlier. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, Atlantaholic said:

They adjusted their defense on Trae and there is no plan B with the starting unit. Should have inserted Bogi waaay earlier. 

That and Marvin Hunter killed us.

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

That and Marvin Hunter killed us.

Yup Bogi for Hunter was what I was alluding to. Delon for Huerter. I like Huerter but he becomes invisible on offense for stretches and his defense is ass. If he doesn't have it going put Delon in. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

It might just not be our year people.

Hold it right there kemosahbee, maybe not a 1-6 but Trae loves attention and the spotlight. It’s our play in tournament year, which could be the most exciting, no 1st or 2nd seed wants us.

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Hold it right there kemosahbee, maybe not a 1-6 but Trae loves attention and the spotlight. It’s our play in tournament year, which could be the most exciting, no 1st or 2nd seed wants us.

Kind of agree with both you and bleach on this.  My gut says this isn't our year (I just don't have faith that we will be consistent) but we should still make the play-in tournament and I think you are on the money with what could happen there.  Trae is a big-game player who is exciting as hell to watch in those games.  We could look much better with JC, OO, etc. on the floor and with Trae stepping up.

Heck, yesterday's game looked exciting for the first half and then just cratered.  If Trae doesn't roll his ankle and OO remains in the game, there is a really good chance that game looks a lot better and we all feel more confident today.

• Like 2

Just saw this..

Atlanta Hawks wing Bogdan Bogdanovic didn't mince words when talking about his team's struggles this season. After blowing a big lead and losing to the Boston Celtics, Bogdanovic said the Hawks have lost their identity.

"We lost that identity on how to win games," Bogdanovic said. "We executed bad. We didn't find a way to win the game."

Bogdanovic also said the Hawks can't be considered a good team when they lose games to undermanned teams. Boston lost Jaylen Brown early in the game to a sprained ankle. He did not return, but the Celtics still outscored the Hawks 56-33 in the second half.

"When you're up 15 and they lose one of the top two guys on the team and if you're not able to win that game, you're not a good team."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, AHF said:

Kind of agree with both you and bleach on this.  My gut says this isn't our year (I just don't have faith that we will be consistent) but we should still make the play-in tournament and I think you are on the money with what could happen there.  Trae is a big-game player who is exciting as hell to watch in those games.  We could look much better with JC, OO, etc. on the floor and with Trae stepping up.

Heck, yesterday's game looked exciting for the first half and then just cratered.  If Trae doesn't roll his ankle and OO remains in the game, there is a really good chance that game looks a lot better and we all feel more confident today.

I happen to believe this is the Hawks play down to the level of the competition until the playoffs.  We are an extremely young team... emotional... like our leader... but when the big lights turn on... everybody from 1-10 should be concerned if they see us in the arena.  Big Game Trae is Coming and Big Game Trae is looking to Bag some Bucks.. to Beat some Bulls and to Bask in the Heat. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

We fold to pressure and Nate is too slow to recognize and adjust.

57 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Nate called a timeout at the 10:34 mark with the lead down to 7. He should have subbed in Bogi then just based on how Boston was playing Trae. We needed Bogi's ball handling and playmaking. It was another 2 minutes before Bogi came in with the lead now down to 1.

Nate's problem is his inability to be flexible with his rotations timing. Time and circumstances matter in these games.

• Like 4