• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Celtics

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

Yikes, Jesus!!! Watching this is like reliving a car accident.

I will say I believe Smart got him to the Body on that Block but the refs ate the whistle because it was so Nasty. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Hawkmoor said:

Hunter is a great ball player. The offense the Hawks run and his injuries are what has held him back.  Trade him to San Antonio and watch what pops does with him.

Hunter sucks ass on offense. He can't dribble, pass, catch passes, finish, and is a mediocre shooter who can't really shoot off the dribble. He could probably be a + defender on a team with other great defenders though. His metrics in the LP offense were just as dreadful as they are on this offense. He isn't a fit for any offense, especially not a Spurs offense that requires ball movement. He is so damn slow at making reads, and then even when he is making the correct reads he can't make passes. Dude sucks. Maybe he will develop and become decent, until then his ass needs to be on the bench.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Hunter is a great ball player. The offense the Hawks run and his injuries are what has held him back.  Trade him to San Antonio and watch what pops does with him.

Hunter + #13 for #8... I would do it tonight and we would sit hunter on the bench until draft night so that he won't hurt himself. 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Who do you want taking those shots? 

Hunter 0-8

Huerter 4-13

Gallo 4-9

Clint 2-4

Trae had 25 shots but was at 19 shots with a few min left in the game.

The reality is he never went hero ball. That's just your misperception.

If you move the ball and your team gets into a rhythm you may see your team shoot a higher percentage.  One guy is not going to win a game period. This isn't worth debating.  The HAWKS didn't need threes or one on one ball they needed more ball movement. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, FL_BRYANT said:

If you move the ball and your team gets into a rhythm you may see your team shoot a higher percentage.  One guy is not going to win a game period. This isn't worth debating.  The HAWKS didn't need threes or one on one ball they needed more ball movement. 

Have you watched the Hunter Miss Reel yet?  The ball was moving.  He's the dead end.

Dead End GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

No Disrespect.

But the Narrative about not playing Young guys is shortsighted.

OO was hurt to start the season last year...  He was hurt to start the season this year too. 

We are no longer a developing team.  Not yet.  Maybe if Washington overtakes us then we can spend the rest of March letting Sharriffe, Knox, and Jalen get some time on the court.  But right now, we're in the middle of trying to get into a better position in the playoffs.  I don't think you can kick the coach for going with Players who know the system under these circumstances... even if they suck like Slippy Hands.

There were missed opportunities by Nate to incorporate the young guys in some instances.  Particularly when guys were out hurt, instead he would just shorten the rotation. He could and should have given them spot duty minutes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Call up Portland and tell them.. We will give you #13 and Slippy Hands for #9.

New Orleans loved him.. GIve them a buzz too.. lol

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

There were missed opportunities by Nate to incorporate the young guys in some instances.  Particularly when guys were out hurt, instead he would just shorten the rotation. He could and should have given them spot duty minutes.

I can agree with that. I believe that he could have definitely played them more... but remember, when we had a team full of COVID quarantines... they had COVID quarantines too. 

4 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

Ok. I guess you missed all the potential buckets Trae created that were missed. You are right about one thing....thus isn't worth discussing. You are way off base here.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Diesel said:

I can agree with that. I believe that he could have definitely played them more... but remember, when we had a team full of COVID quarantines... they had COVID quarantines too. 

There were other times besides the COVID hell.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We need a wing makeover in the offseason...Hunter, Huerter and Capela for whoever..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member

Our whole offense is putrid.  and by "our" I really mean Nates offense is trash.  It's been trash since he installed it at the beginning of the year, starting with a bunch of midrange look without elite midrange shooters.  The only thing that works for us is the PnR and I'm tired of seeing this trash:

• Off-ball screen for Bogi or Heurter to curl around the wing to hoist up an off balance free throw jumper
  • Trae creates a mismatch and gets guys moving/helping so Hunter can catch and dribble into traffic and not draw a foul while turning it over or losing his handle
  • Bogi step back 3 from the wing (been hot recently but this is usually a garbage shot)
  • Heurter side step 3 into a brick
  • Trae dancing and hoisting up rainbow bricks

We have no real system.  We have a handful of actions we run that get stopped dead in their tracks by any team that bothered preparing.  And then we have nowhere to go from there which is why you see Trae hero ball.  The problem is Nates offense is just overly simplistic and bad.  There's no way this offense takes us anywhere in the playoffs.  We've been skating by on Trae's talent and Gallo/JC bailing us out with post-up mismatches.

This game was a great example of how much impact JC has on offense.  Never underrate a guy that knocks down 3s, takes advantage of switches, and is elite in the PnR.  He's invaluable to us even if we still need a second star player.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Hunter sucks ass on offense. He can't dribble, pass, catch passes, finish, and is a mediocre shooter who can't really shoot off the dribble. He could probably be a + defender on a team with other great defenders though. His metrics in the LP offense were just as dreadful as they are on this offense. He isn't a fit for any offense, especially not a Spurs offense that requires ball movement. He is so damn slow at making reads, and then even when he is making the correct reads he can't make passes. Dude sucks. Maybe he will develop and become decent, until then his ass needs to be on the bench.  

Oh and forgot to mention he's probably the worst rebounder at 6 8 in the history of the NBA. 

9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

No Disrespect.

But the Narrative about not playing Young guys is shortsighted.

OO was hurt to start the season last year...  He was hurt to start the season this year too. 

We are no longer a developing team.  Not yet.  Maybe if Washington overtakes us then we can spend the rest of March letting Sharriffe, Knox, and Jalen get some time on the court.  But right now, we're in the middle of trying to get into a better position in the playoffs.  I don't think you can kick the coach for going with Players who know the system under these circumstances... even if they suck like Slippy Hands.

Which im fine with you disagreeing with my guy but to act like i was some troll with a narrative i had a problem with.  Considering i have never done or said anything to you before to give you a reason to think that.

I'll also counter with you are mostly talking about Hawks where as what im talking about is not only from the hawks a bit.  But also when we were getting Nate this was one of the main reasons other fans of other teams were dissing on him was lack of giving talented upside younger guys more playing time over worse older guys that are struggling.   So this is more of a known thing among other fans and not just a Hawks thing from Nate over the years.  

I still like Nate alot and prefer him as a coach for us but he dude does have his flaws that also came from other teams as well that those fans complained about similar things.      Also is Slippy Hands Hunter?  That one is sorta funny.

13 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

A lot of naw in this post. 

He's struggling and that's mainly due to the ball sticking in Trae's hands and the lack of offensive system when Trae isn't in. 

He would do extremely well in a player movement system. Hell, that's what UVA was. He just don't fit our style of play.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

A lot of naw in this post. 

He's struggling and that's mainly due to the ball sticking in Trae's hands and the lack of offensive system when Trae isn't in. 

He would do extremely well in a player movement system. Hell, that's what UVA was. He just don't fit our style of play.

But the GOAT still traded up for him?  smh