• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Celtics

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

Our 6-20 3rd quarter collapse on offense and then once the shots aren't falling we simply refuse to play any defense.

https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&ContextMeasure=FGA&EndPeriod=3&EndRange=21600&GameID=0022100927&PlayerID=0&RangeType=1&Season=2021-22&SeasonType=Regular Season&StartPeriod=3&StartRange=14400&TeamID=1610612737&flag=3&sct=plot&section=game

I see guys trying to do things off the dribble and ISOing they should not be doing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Lol, I told ya'll, Travis trades have been bad

I already knew.. lol. 

His Only good trade was Capela trade(but that pick wouldve been nice too. I wanted Maxey. You liked Cole lol), but then he fkn extended him early for no reason...... smh

Edited by terrell

15 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Have you watched the Hunter Miss Reel yet?  The ball was moving.  He's the dead end.

Dead End GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I'm not absolving the rest of the team of their play. I've mentioned this. But one thing I know for certain is that they will not win without contributions from everyone in their rotation.  One on five pounding the pill late into the shot clock is not going to get us anywhere.  You can say what you want but our record says it all.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What the hell man!  This Coaching staff sucks!.

When I saw Nate was hiring his son, I knew we were doomed.. smh

Travis has some big decisions to make in the offseason... Im sick of Nate already tbh..And Yall know how I feel about Schlenk.. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

How are the Mavs better than us?

We have a better roster than them right?

Whos their 2nd best player? Brunson?

They havent had a top draft pick in forever..Hell, they gave us one of em.... smdh

Edited by terrell

31 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Another game where the only Hawks to show up are Trae and Bogi. I am so sick of this. 

Im ready for the offseason tbh.. We need to make some serious changes...

1. Do not pay Dre under any circumstance.

2. Get Capela off the books.

3. Get Huerter off the books.

Start with this...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

Combined 13 pts from Huerter and Hunter… 2 members of our so-called core. I’m kinda done expecting anything from this team. Even if we somehow make it into the playoffs from the play-in tournament we’ll get eliminated in the first round. This season is a wash.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I took the Hawks straight up tonight.  The last time I did that, they beat Phoenix.

I normally try to avoid the Hawks, unless I feel really good about them.

Tonight is a Trae statement game. 

Ugh 😩 

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Threezus said:

Which im fine with you disagreeing with my guy but to act like i was some troll with a narrative i had a problem with.  Considering i have never done or said anything to you before to give you a reason to think that.

I'll also counter with you are mostly talking about Hawks where as what im talking about is not only from the hawks a bit.  But also when we were getting Nate this was one of the main reasons other fans of other teams were dissing on him was lack of giving talented upside younger guys more playing time over worse older guys that are struggling.   So this is more of a known thing among other fans and not just a Hawks thing from Nate over the years.  

I still like Nate alot and prefer him as a coach for us but he dude does have his flaws that also came from other teams as well that those fans complained about similar things.      Also is Slippy Hands Hunter?  That one is sorta funny.

It wasn't you personally.  It was really a Yall.. and that not personally either.  I just have heard this tired Narrative before.  Everytime we lose actually...

It's an oxymoron to say that Nate won't play Young guys when most of our team is Young guys.   

Here's our team:

No. Player Pos Ht Wt Birth Date   Exp College
11 Trae Young PG 6-1 164 September 19, 1998 us 3 Oklahoma
0 Delon Wright SG 6-5 185 April 26, 1992 us 6 Utah
3 Kevin Huerter SG 6-7 190 August 27, 1998 us 3 Maryland
15 Clint Capela C 6-10 240 May 18, 1994 ch 7  
20 John Collins PF 6-9 235 September 23, 1997 us 4 Wake Forest
8 Danilo Gallinari PF 6-10 233 August 8, 1988 it 12  
13 Bogdan Bogdanović SG 6-6 220 August 18, 1992 rs 4  
6 Lou Williams PG 6-1 175 October 27, 1986 us 16  
10 Gorgui Dieng C 6-10 252 January 18, 1990 sn 8 Louisville
7 Timothé Luwawu-Cabarrot SF 6-7 220 May 9, 1995 fr 5  
12 De'Andre Hunter SF 6-8 225 December 2, 1997 us 2 Virginia
17 Onyeka Okongwu C 6-8 235 December 11, 2000 us 1 USC
4 Skylar Mays  (TW) SG 6-4 205 September 5, 1997 us 1 LSU
1 Jalen Johnson PF 6-9 220 December 18, 2001 us R Duke
2 Sharife Cooper  (TW) PG 6-1 180 June 11, 2001 us R Auburn
5 Kevin Knox SF 6-7 215 August 11, 1999 us 3 Kentucky

Our starters are:

Trae - 4th year.

Kevin  - 4th year

Hunter - 3rd year  - Many injuries.

Collins - 5th year

Clint - 8th year.

Our 2nd unit:

Lou - 17th year

Delon - 7th year

Bogi - 5th year

Gallo - 13th year

OO - 2nd year.  - Many injuries.   Plays 22 mpg

People got their bitch on saying Nate is not playing Young guys...  But in the same breath... they want Bogi over Kev or Hunter.   And OO over Clint who just led the league in rebounds and was a  consideration for all defensive team. 

The real issue then is Nate doesn't play our Rookies Enough.  But Nate is trying to get this team ready for the playoffs.   We're in a playoff fight right now.   We have not had a constant rotation because of Injuries and Covid. 

The problem is the same problem that Hawks fans always have.  They believe that because we draft a player, that player must be great.  The problem is that when those great players get sent to other teams they don't do much.  I mean, we can run down the list:

Payne, Bembry, Prince, Bruno, Dorsey, Spellman,  and Bebe'.    It's the same ole song.   We believe that because we drafted them that they are some hidden superstar that we're not finding.   Add cam to the list.  And this Narrative gets pushed... we're not playing them enough. 

Or Nate is old school and he don't play Young guys over vets...  Well, I wish that he would play Delon or TLC over Hunter. 

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, terrell said:

How are the Mavs better than us?

We have a better roster than them right?

Whos their 2nd best player? Brunson?

They havent had a top draft pick in forever..Hell, they gave us one of em.... smdh

The Mavs are in the West.

Brunson is not that bad.  He's hitting his 2 pt FGs at a good clip.   Luka takes a whole lot of pressure off of him. 

Kidd was smart enough to get good people on his coaching staff... I mean, he got god as an assistant.  Seriously though, It is a mixture of things.  We have not played up to our potential. 

8 hours ago, terrell said:

When I saw Nate was hiring his son, I knew we were doomed.. smh

Travis has some big decisions to make in the offseason... Im sick of Nate already tbh..And Yall know how I feel about Schlenk.. lol

I was relieved to find out at least Jamelle played PG at Arizona State.  Ben Simmons’s sister accused him of cheating on her with a dude.  I wanted a Sam Cassell-type as the lead assist so bad.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I was relieved to find out at least Jamelle played PG at Arizona State.  Ben Simmons’s sister accused him of cheating on her with a dude.  I wanted a Sam Cassell-type as the lead assist so bad.

Oh lord, its worse than I thought. 

https://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00151673.html

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Q45T said:

Combined 13 pts from Huerter and Hunter… 2 members of our so-called core. I’m kinda done expecting anything from this team. Even if we somehow make it into the playoffs from the play-in tournament we’ll get eliminated in the first round. This season is a wash.

"so called core"

Exactly..

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Good reason to get his ass out of here..Maybe that'll help..

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

“Hundreds of women?”  She painting homeboy like DeShaun Cosby lol.  I knew I wasn’t tripping dude does seem to be slightly zesty but I have inherent doubt about anything slanderous posted to social media from a scorned person.

How a social media women’s rights group in Atlanta didn’t get a hold of this is surprising.  Lucky for dude they don’t even know who Nate is let alone his kid.