• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Celtics

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Seems like I've been hearing this all year. At some point it's about who we have and not who we don't. Guys have to WANT IT!

You see Slippy hands out here looking like a HS basketball player.   You see Kev... "here comes the money" out here playing like pure de.. sh--.  Gallo is our off the bench talent... not starter.   It's hard for guys to play when they  are not built for it.   Kev and Hunter should have lesser roles.   It's the play of Trae, Bogi, Gallo, JC, Clint, and OO that wil get us there. 

Regardless of what happens during the playoffs, my biggest disappointment this season is Nate not playing Jalen Johnson. Who knows if he could be THAT guy opposite Trae going into the future? He needed the on the court experience. You have to find a way to get him in the rotation and they didn't  do it.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

I'm sure you read my whole post history. Come on ,it's ok to disagree but don't make up something that didn't happen. I call it like I see it. I don't mind if you disagree just don't make something up to fit your narrative.  I've always been a fan of Trae but when he's hunting shots and not moving the ball i will say something.  We had 14 assist tonight.  Something is wrong. 

Only 14?  That’s Detroit Pistons sh@t.

I used to keep track of Trae’s career comparative +/- when going head to head with dudes like Smart.  After tonight (Smart +31) he may be up 200 points lol.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Our starting wings scored 13 points.

Nate has to make a change..Trae/Delon/Bogi or Trae/Bogi/Kev....Heck Give JJ a try.. Hell, I might play Mays some. Cut Hunters min by any means..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, shakes said:

Remember when we all thought Hunter was good?   Right now I would trade Hunter + a 2nd round pick for Reddish.

Right now, I would trade Hunter + first rounder for a first rounder. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, SalvorMallow said:

Our starting SF who played 37 minutes went 0/8 for 4 points 1 assist and 1 turnover and you are blaming Trae? Hunter got plenty of touches too so no excuse there.

*Trae playing on a twisted ankle. If Hunter is just mediocre we probalby win or at least it's a close game at the end. Oh and dido for Cap who has become GARBAGE. I don't know what happened to him but he stinks. If we can get Ayton for a trade centered around Cap then we are drunk if we don't do it. I don't want to here this man talk shit to the media ever again in my life. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Hawkmoor said:

Regardless of what happens during the playoffs, my biggest disappointment this season is Nate not playing Jalen Johnson. Who knows if he could be THAT guy opposite Trae going into the future? He needed the on the court experience. You have to find a way to get him in the rotation and they didn't  do it.

I'm well past the days of thinking a guy is great simply because we drafted him.   What I understand is that we are in a playoff run... not development time.   The development time for this team happens in College Park. 

That's our problem.   We have been so used to being a team that just develops, develops, develops... that we don't know how to focus on winning when we need to win and get position....

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Right now, I would trade Hunter + first rounder for a first rounder. 

2019 draft down the drain after having pick 8,10, amd 17.. Just damn...Indefensible.....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Such B.S. Here.

Didn't Nate have Cam and Hunter as Starters??

How about Trae and Huerter?

None of these guys are 5th year yet. 

I know that HS is a place where you guys try out Narratives... BUT THIS ONE IS PURE B.S. 

Our OLD Team last year  was:

Capela - Oldest Starter

JC - 4th Year.

Hunter - 2nd Year.

Cam - 2nd Year

Trae - 3rd year...

Off the bench was Bogi and Gallo. 

JC actually starts over Gallo...   

The only reason Clint starts over OO is because you don't sit the guy who lead the freakin League in Rebs last year and is 2nd this year... to play his BU... Especially when he 2nd Year BU Has been averaging about 22 mpg coming off of injury. 

But.. you got to spin your narrative so go ahead... 

Wait wtf lol  What do you mean try out narratives?  I never start any crap about anyone ever on here or real gm.  Im not a troll type of poster at all and never have been anywhere im at.  Im usually the most pg or respectful person everywhere going against trolls with narratives.    Rather you agreed with my statement or not is another thing but to act like i try to start stuff and narratives is completely wrong and you can shove that one up your ass.

Now as far as my stance on that goes alot of those guys were already starting before he took over and were established as proven players.  Which im more than ok with and i think you are taking this to the extremes in as me saying that he doesn't play younger guys at all.  Im more so talking over his coaching career and not only here alot of fan bases when talking negative about him while there.  Were mad about the same thing about him not giving rookies or younger guys much time.   It's happening this year to Jalen and Shariffe as well as it did last year to Onyeka.   

Which that can be ok if the guys in front of them are playing legit and are great players but when they are struggling or are just sucking the rooks and younger guys should be getting more of a chance to get game time and learn the game while playing more.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Only 14?  That’s Detroit Pistons sh@t.

I used to keep track of Trae’s career comparative +/- when going head to head with dudes like Smart.  After tonight (Smart +31) he may be up 200 points lol.

Trae had like 20 on Smart in the first half before Smart went into his bag of dirty tricks.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, terrell said:

2019 draft down the drain after having pick 8,10, amd 17.. Just damn...Indefensible.....

Call up Portland and tell them.. We will give you #13 and Slippy Hands for #9.

13 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It didn't seem like it . . . but Nate did call timeout when Boston cut the lead from 14 to 7 in just 90 seconds.

The other points, I completely agree with.

See i asked earlier about the 14 point cutting thing and asked if he did a timeout no one said he did so i was under the assumption he didn't.  Because i have seen it happen often before where he calls timouts a good bit late. So i though it might have happened this time as well and is why i asked about it. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, terrell said:

yup it was a pretty bad draft overall but still. We could have potentially ended up with something like Cam Johnson, Tyler Herro and Mathise Thybulle. SMDH. At least had three shots at any of those guys. Instead we ended up with Kevin Knox x2

• Like 1

• Premium Member

1 minute ago, FL_BRYANT said:

I'm not blaming Trae I'm just pointing out a certain aspect of tonight's game when he started pounding the rock hunting his shot and not including his team. 

Who do you want taking those shots? 

Hunter 0-8

Huerter 4-13

Gallo 4-9

Clint 2-4

Trae had 25 shots but was at 19 shots with a few min left in the game.

The reality is he never went hero ball. That's just your misperception.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Threezus said:

Wait wtf lol  What do you mean try out narratives?  I never start any crap about anyone ever on here or real gm.  Im not a troll type of poster at all and never have been anywhere im at.  Im usually the most pg or respectful person everywhere going against trolls with narratives.    Rather you agreed with my statement or not is another thing but to act like i try to start stuff and narratives is completely wrong and you can shove that one up your ass.

Now as far as my stance on that goes alot of those guys were already starting before he took over and were established as proven players.  Which im more than ok with and i think you are taking this to the extremes in as me saying that he doesn't play younger guys at all.  Im more so talking over his coaching career and not only here alot of fan bases when talking negative about him while there.  Were mad about the same thing about him not giving rookies or younger guys much time.   It's happening this year to Jalen and Shariffe as well as it did last year to Onyeka.   

Which that can be ok if the guys in front of them are playing legit and are great players but when they are struggling or are just sucking the rooks and younger guys should be getting more of a chance to get game time and learn the game while playing more.

No Disrespect.

But the Narrative about not playing Young guys is shortsighted.

OO was hurt to start the season last year...  He was hurt to start the season this year too. 

We are no longer a developing team.  Not yet.  Maybe if Washington overtakes us then we can spend the rest of March letting Sharriffe, Knox, and Jalen get some time on the court.  But right now, we're in the middle of trying to get into a better position in the playoffs.  I don't think you can kick the coach for going with Players who know the system under these circumstances... even if they suck like Slippy Hands.