• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Celtics

lethalweapon3

Godspeed for OO.  Derozan gonna put the whole team on a poster without him.

I knew we were cooked when he was ruled out.  Yall realize no one compares to his win share per 48 on the team right?  We’re 55-41 in games he’s played, all of our long winning streaks coincide with his health and getting around 18 minutes.  Too much missing explosion on screens, rolls, finishes, box outs, and shot contests without him.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

We had 3 1st rd picks in 2019 to put some key pieces around Trae the year after he was drafted, and we come out of it with Hunter and Reddish.. Unbelievable...That shit hurts.....

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Hawkmoor said:

Hawks are a decent team but need another superstar to pair with Trae. Nothing else really to say.

May be true.. or maybe just a team that fits around him better.

The other thing is that it's hard to really judge this team with so many pieces of the Cog missing.   IN the second half... We don't have JC, OO, Lou....  Those are necessary pieces of the Cog...   When we get them back.. we will start the killing spree.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FL_BRYANT said:

I'm sure you read my whole post history. Come on ,it's ok to disagree but don't make up something that didn't happen. I call it like I see it. I don't mind if you disagree just don't make something up to fit your narrative.  I've always been a fan of Trae but when he's hunting shots and not moving the ball i will say something.  We had 14 assist tonight.  Something is wrong. 

The problem with your line of thinking is that the data shows the Hawks have, historically, had a MUCH better record when Trae scores 30+ than they do when he has 10+ ast. 

I'm not saying asts are bad, but if you want him to stop shooting in favor of passing, history shows the Hawks won't fare very well. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, Atlantaholic said:

Who do we even get for Hunter in a trade? Kevin Knox is already on our team. 

Well, I really want to thank Hunter for showing Hawks brass that he is not worth an extension. 

Just now, Diesel said:

May be true.. or maybe just a team that fits around him better.

The other thing is that it's hard to really judge this team with so many pieces of the Cog missing.   IN the second half... We don't have JC, OO, Lou....  Those are necessary pieces of the Cog...   When we get them back.. we will start the killing spree.

My god. How long are you and Sturt going to wait on the supposed magical Hawks run? It aint happening. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Who do we even get for Hunter in a trade? Kevin Knox is already on our team. 

He has to be a throwin with Capela and Huerter.. lol

3 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Our offense is abysmal when Hunter is on the floor, he can't even catch passes. We wouldn't be worse with TLC getting 37 mins a game.

TRae Bogi Kev should start.. Hunter should be 3rd string at this point..Hell we were losing early last season when he played his best ball..He just doesnt fit... I was saying before he came back that he's a ball stopper..

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

My god. How long are you and Sturt going to wait on the supposed magical Hawks run? It aint happening. 

Until it happens.   Right now, we're playing the hardest stretch that we will play.   Unfortunately, we don't have JC and Lou...  and no OO.. but when we're all healed up... I expect us to blow through the rest of the season.   I don't know if we will bypass the play in.. that's not that important.  I think we need momentum. 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

Our starting SF who played 37 minutes went 0/8 for 4 points 1 assist and 1 turnover and you are blaming Trae? Hunter got plenty of touches too so no excuse there.

Our starting wings scored 13 points.

4 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

The problem with your line of thinking is that the data shows the Hawks have, historically, had a MUCH better record when Trae scores 30+ than they do when he has 10+ ast. 

I'm not saying asts are bad, but if you want him to stop shooting in favor of passing, history shows the Hawks won't fare very well. 

The HAWKS aren't going anywhere  playing like this. There record indicates this. 

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Seems like I've been hearing this all year. At some point it's about who we have and not who we don't. Guys have to WANT IT!

Last season too...