• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Pistons

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, terrell said:

The Hawks are better off with Trae not playing at all than Trae playing poorly. Thats the problem.. 

He's had games of 6/15, 6/17, 9/26, 3/17, 5/20, 6/22 over the last month. Hawks are 1-5 in those games.

If he can't bring it every game for whatever reason he needs to sit his ass down.

The losses we had last month were against Boston, Toronto, SAS, Dallas, and Chicago.   Only San Antonio was a game that we shouldn't have lost...  We avenged our losses to Toronto and Chicago. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

What I wanna know is how do you start 3-3 with 4 dimes and llok like you can get whatever you what and then go 2-17 with a couple of bricked FTs? 

If you look at his shot attempts, lots of bad shots...feet not set, off balance and rushed shot, and no rhythm shots.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ridiculous notion....no player 'brings it EVERY game'. That's just unrealistic in real life and on the court.

When he has a bad game nobody else steps up and takes control and lead. Neither coach nor player.

Which is why Schlenk shouldve been gone for not finding a competent backup in 4 fkn years for when hes stinking up the joint..

6 minutes ago, terrell said:

The Hawks are better off with Trae not playing at all than Trae playing poorly. Thats the problem..  There is no in between with Trae.. Hes either really great or damn near unplayable..

He's had games of 6/15, 6/17, 9/26, 3/17, 5/20, 6/22 over the last month. Hawks are 1-5 in those games.

If he can't bring it every game for whatever reason Nate needs to sit his ass down.

Can't sit him down if there's no one to replace him.

If anything, Nate can extend the minutes of guys who are playing well, instead of sticking to his rotations.

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ridiculous notion....no player 'brings it EVERY game'. That's just unrealistic in real life and on the court.

When he has a bad game nobody else steps up and takes control and lead. Neither coach nor player.

If the offense was fine like a lot of people claim that wouldn't happen so much.

Just now, Diesel said:

The losses we had last month were against Boston, Toronto, SAS, Dallas, and Chicago.   Only San Antonio was a game that we shouldn't have lost...  We avenged our losses to Toronto and Chicago. 

Yall make up excuses for everything.. It really is strange..This team is in the right city thats for damn sure.. Atlanta fans are used to mediocrity...In every sport..

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If anything, Nate can extend the minutes of guys who are playing well, instead of sticking to his rotations.

And thats where my Travis hate comes from......smdh

4 years and NADA...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It's not brain surgery to stick with the hot hand. 

We run little to no offense outside of pick and roll and occasional Gallo and Lou ISOs. We don't play defense consistently. Rotations are terrible. What is Nate adding exactly? 😠

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Oh.. I don't know...

8 Wed, Feb 16, 2022 7:30p   Box Score @ Boston Celtics W   112 111 13 45 W 1  
59 Thu, Feb 24, 2022 7:00p   Box Score   Cleveland Cavaliers W   106 103 14 45 W 2  
60 Sat, Feb 26, 2022 12:00p   Box Score   Boston Celtics L   104 113 14 46 L 1  
G Date Start (ET)       Opponent     Tm Opp W L Streak Notes
61 Sun, Feb 27, 2022 7:00p   Box Score @ Charlotte Hornets W OT 127 126 15 46 W 1  
62 Tue, Mar 1, 2022 7:00p   Box Score @ Washington Wizards L   113 116 15 47 L 1  
63 Thu, Mar 3, 2022 7:30p   Box Score @ Toronto Raptors W   108 106 16 47 W 1  
64 Fri, Mar 4, 2022 7:00p   Box Score   Indiana Pacers W   111 106 17 47 W 2

This team is scrappy.  Since Feb 16, they have won 6 of 8...

Boston, Cleveland. Toronto, Charlotte, and Us...  I guess none of us can be taking to seriously under your logic??

They are 9-2 in close games...

Don't let their record fool you.. those guys are scrappy and they have beaten good teams. 

I can respect that. But here's the thing, when we get close to .500, we fail. Raptors x2, and now lowly azz Pistons. If we search hard enough, we'll find an excuse to pump up a bad team. Soon, it'll devolve into, "Well, they ARE NBA players after all - everybody has talent." While true, we gotta find a way to close this one out. Too many bad performances and dumb, dumb play tonight.

If the Hawks want to make noise THIS year, they can't let games like this slip away - whether it be at home, on the road, or on planet effin Mars.

Someone said a loss right now would feel like two losses - and in a way it's not wrong. They have dug themselves such a hole that every loss is a two outcome swing (instead of .500, now we are 2 games under...again). Bucks and Clips up next - doesn't get easier.

Sigh...

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I only saw 1 floater, and at least 4 - 5 layups in which he is off balance, or jumping off the wrong foot.

Pistons played great defense on him though.

The thought to play a big on him is one that we need to be conscious of because other teams will do it.   In the first though, we had everything working.   In the 3rd-4th the ball just stopped moving.  I said it during the game and I will say it again here...

I like the second unit because they communicate and the move the ball.   I think that's a better place for Bogi to play because they take advantage of his scoring and him and Gallo are a hard combo to stop.   The starters can get into a space where the ball doesn't move as much.  Some of that is by design (PNR) and some of that is what the defense forces.   However, Bogi did a whole lot of Iso ball with the first Unit.  It doesn't fit because he's willing to settle for 3s... and he's able but the offense for the first unit works better when we attack inside with our wings.   

In my mind, with the second team, Bogi can be the 1st option.   They will move the ball around to him or the hot hand.   And it will fit him better.   The first team needs some wings that can go inside.   Especially when a team abandons the inside to put a big on Trae... We should be flashing inside all day.   JC and Cap should have feasted.

19 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

I'm sure Travis will screw things up if he is doing the drafting. POS bald f***head.

Smfh....

Hand the reigns over to Fields please..

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, TheTruth said:

I can respect that. But here's the thing, when we get close to .500, we fail. Raptors x2, and now lowly azz Pistons. If we search hard enough, we'll find an excuse to pump up a bad team. Soon, it'll devolve into, "Well, they ARE NBA players after all - everybody has talent." While true, we gotta find a way to close this one out. Too many bad performances and dumb, dumb play tonight.

If the Hawks want to make noise THIS year, they can't let games like this slip away - whether it be at home, on the road, or on planet effin Mars.

Someone said a loss right now would feel like two losses - and in a way it's not wrong. They have dug themselves such a hole that every loss is a two outcome swing (instead of .500, now we are 2 games under...again). Bucks and Clips up next - doesn't get easier.

Sigh...

Truth... The truth is this was a close game.  Shoot.. an overtime game.   Any little thing could have swung this into a Win for us.  It just didn't.   We didn't show enough pose down the stretch.  Honestly, when I looked at Bogi's last foul..  I didn't see the type of foul that you call during a game this tight.   Was it a touch foul?  When I watch the challenge go Detroit's way.. I really thought Trae was fouled.  Still do.   These are the little things.  Little things like dumb passes.   Little things like lapses in defense.  Little things like missed rebounds.  Little things.   I know those little things add up and in a game this close, those little things = loss. 

I just didn't want people thinking that Detroit is what their record says that they are... they are Green Bay with the Magic Man.   However, we will step back up.  I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't blow out Milwaukee. 

14 minutes ago, terrell said:

Smfh....

Hand the reigns over to Fields please..

I wonder if Schlenk knows the winning percentage when Trae starts (.433)  isn’t much different than when he doesn’t play (.416), playoffs included in both). If you like rounding numbers that’s a 1% increase.  I’ve been saying for years his impact is nearly negligible. Historic skill set, below average gamesman.

Both of their years here are numbered (I hope this doesn’t turn into an awfully managed Lilliard situation) but Schlenk’s much shorter once Traes contract kicks in.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, NineOhTheRino said:

4th quarter BBIQ sucks

At this point, yall can just blame yourselves for thinking things will be different. This team is who they've showed us to be all year. But Ya'll  keep expecting them to play consistently at the level they've shown they're capable of? ... There is ZERO evidence that'll happen. This is who they are, time for everyone to accept it.  But Hawks fans arent known for living in reality so...................

One thing that irks me is that when Trae has a bad offensive game and none of the wings are having good or outstanding offensive games ….BUT Collins is showing to be pretty consistent as usual why isn’t Nate playing through collins more or purposely running a lot more plays for him.

The no plays being ran for collins under both Pierce and McMillan will always be a big failure! ….putting collins in position for scoring plays really doesn’t have anything to do with his dribbling ability. Collins is a widely known very good screener and off ball player who’s extremely efficient on his shots …yet McMillan and his staff don’t know how to take full advantage of his skill set! That is very alarming to say the least!

it’s amazing we are the 2nd best offense in the nba without tapping deeper into some of the talents we have which is why I say that #2 offense ranking is skewed by Traes offensive greatness 

• Like 1