• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at heat -- GAME 2

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
Just now, SalvorMallow said:

Butler scored 45 on 25 shots. How can you praise Hunter for that?

The rationalizing is hilarious. Not gonna say Butler going off is on Hunter as he scored on everyone, but to act like Hunter had some impactful day on defense when basically he made no difference and got 2 whole rebounds in 35 mins of playing time is funny to me. Butler with a career night in what has been a long ass career so let's not act like he was some stopper out there tonight. Marginal defense with abysmal offense which just gets shrugged off because I don't know really, but it just does. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

If Trae needs Cap that bad he isn't that great. Simple as that.

Ok…come on back to earth.

trae is elite with the pick and will likely finish as one of the best in nba history! No one ever said Trae was elite in isolation scoring. He’s good in isolation but if he can get a big to be committed to setting screens that’s where the magic is!

capela is apart of the offense…the offense starts with Trae and capela pick and everything else falls in place.

this is no different than warriors setting off ball screens for curry or making sure they don’t get in his damn way when he’s moving off ball. It’s a team game and everyone has to do their part.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Well I did like what I saw tonight overall from the team.  They showed a lot of fight.  Just couldn't make the plays they needed to down the stretch.

Trae's 10 turnovers are flat out unacceptable.  He absolutely cannot play like that.  There's no telling how many points they got off of those turnovers.

He shot the ball well, outside of the early 1st quarter 3s.  You either attack when you have the ball, or make sure you have enough juice on your passes to not turn the ball over.

Allowing people to trap him, because he's holding the ball, is something that Nate absolutely has to correct.  Either correct it, or don't give him the ball until it's like 10 seconds on the clock.

That was some Oklahoma shit he was doing tonight.   That's the type of play that had people doubting him.

The Heat is not going to allow him to play with the ball.  Not after he lit the up for 35 points a few weeks ago.

Just get the ball and GO!! 

Yeah.  I think the turnovers were a bit much.  It's more than just on Trae though.  The lazy inbounds.. yeah.. but when Trae has the ball, there is always 3 guys around him.   Somebody is open.  The open player has to move and has to catch the damn ball when it's thrown to him.   I think we have to soak it in.. work.. and hope that Clint is back for Game 3.

• Like 1

Just now, Atlantaholic said:

The rationalizing is hilarious. Not gonna say Butler going off is on Hunter as he scored on everyone, but to act like Hunter had some impactful day on defense when basically he made no difference and got 2 whole rebounds in 35 mins of playing time is funny to me. Butler with a career night in what has been a long ass career so let's not act like he was some stopper out there tonight. Marginal defense with abysmal offense which just gets shrugged off because I don't know really, but it just does. 

Butler did abuse anybody that was on him tonight.

2 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Yeah you know I follow ratings and win shares and they’re way too high for someone as limited as him offensively.  But I also think they’re trying to say how important he is to this particular squad with the screening and offensive boards, and DRPM says he’s Tops in the league for covering for this unit lol.

I keep telling everyone, this team is big man depending. No need to waste money when bigs are all that matters for Trae. Without them, he's limited. He's not the size of Luka or LeBron to play without them and so much of his inside game is about space. Without space, he just be throwing shit up.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Quinn Snyder knows Pops offense ( Budenhozer assistant) and knows how to controls superstars ( he keeps Donovan Mitchell in check).  The Hawks have to snatch him from Utah.  He has the system which will FORCE Trae to play team offense and team defense.  He has the CACHE to whip this into a cohesive unit.  No more iso Trae and no more matador defense by Trae. Nate isn't that dude.

Hawks Assistant Quin Snyder A Target for Jazz Head Coaching Job

Quinn Snyder is a fraud coach.  There's nothing special about him.

He's been in Utah for 8 years now, and has only won 3 playoff series.

Hell . . even Woody has won 3 playoff series ( 2 in ATL and 1 with the Knicks ) and has won more games in a season ( 54 ) than Quinn has ( 52 )

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I keep telling everyone, this team is big man depending. No need to waste money when bigs are all that matters for Trae. Without them, he's limited. He's not the size of Luka or LeBron to play without them and so much of his inside game is about space. Without space, he just be throwing shit up.

Without space?  Anything past half court is Trae's space to throw shit up.

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Exactly, almost all pro sports is about space, Trae isnt exempt from that fact 

Edited by hylndr11

• Premium Member

And people shitting on Trae, yes, there is some (quite a bit) of shitting on that is completely justified. But let's take a step back and look at what we have out there next to Trae atm. One legged Collins, Gallo who I believe missed every single FG tongiht, Huerter 3-13, Hunter 6-15, outside of Bogi who got hot at the end no one could make a three. Miami is taking Trae away and forcing someone else to beat them. There is no one else out there consistently that is anywhere close to being able to do that so far. Bogi got hot and it suddenly became a contest. 

I fully expect the game to open a lot more in game three. These ice cold shooters will get hot and things will open up for Trae he will dominate etc. we all know how that goes once the lane opens up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Yeah.  I think the turnovers were a bit much.  It's more than just on Trae though.  The lazy inbounds.. yeah.. but when Trae has the ball, there is always 3 guys around him.   Somebody is open.  The open player has to move and has to catch the damn ball when it's thrown to him.   I think we have to soak it in.. work.. and hope that Clint is back for Game 3.

Trae is holding the ball to long waiting for the double...pass and move..come back if need be...work the midrange instead of playing into Miami's hand by launching 3s....when he gets in the paint and leaves his feet...just shoot it and live with the results.

• Like 2

Just now, Hawkmoor said:

Without space?  Anything past half court is Trae's space to throw shit up.

Naw, Trae can score in his sleep but for him to be Trae, he needs easy buckets and space. We don't need a Trae who's a great scorer, we need the elite scorer that forces the defense to adjust at all times and he's playing chess with the defense. This Trae isn't that effective. 

2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

And people shitting on Trae, yes, there is some (quite a bit) of shitting on that is completely justified. But let's take a step back and look at what we have out there next to Trae atm. One legged Collins, Gallo who I believe missed every single FG tongiht, Huerter 3-13, Hunter 6-15, outside of Bogi who got hot at the end no one could make a three. Miami is taking Trae away and forcing someone else to beat them. There is no one else out there consistently. Bogi got hot and it suddenly became a contest. 

This is probably the biggest reason we miss Clint. That 1/5 PnR is consistent and it forces the defense to adjust. It gives Trae a lot of leverage. Without that, Miami can take away Trae, any good defense can in this case. 

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Better effort tonight, but we let one slip away in the final 2 1/2 minutes:

Missed 3 by Trae

Missed 3 by Bogi

Missed 3 by Bogi

Turnover bt Huerter

......AND COULDN'T GET A STOP WHEN IT MATTERED.

Trae with 10 TOs - no bueno.

If Trae makes that tough layup in traffic, it's a 2 point game.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The #1 seed won on their homecourt against a team that is missing it's starting center and you guys are all "the sky is falling"...

You got to be kidding me. 

1. The Hawks are not winning this series imo. We'll be fortunate to win 1 game. Major changes needed in the off-season. Nate has to go. Schlenk too.

2. Trae with those live ball turnovers killed us. He was just as bad today as last game. He IS NOT stepping up. 

3. Can OO play more than 20 min without fouling out? Nate must not think so.. smh

Edited by terrell