• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at heat -- GAME 2

lethalweapon3

I’ve noticed Butler has dramatically changed his shot release for the better. He used to hold it longer in his hands and squat down more, now he tends to actually shoot it and off the move a bit. I’ve seen other games though, he’s never been on like tonight. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, terrell said:

Nah Trae Bogi CC are our 3 best players imo...

Bogi is our second best player when he is playing well, and awful when he's not. Any given night you can get either version. Collins is consistently more valuable and every metric and stat that you can come up with will back that up.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This is not the game to take shots at Hunter. He's critical! On defense. 

Anybody that can defend is critical for this squad with so many bad to horrible defenders..

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member

Damn.. yall are shitting on a guy who scored 25, 7, and 6  while shooting 50% from the field. 

Last night Joker had 26, 11, and 4 while shooting 45% from the field.. 

I guess He sucks too.

Harden had 14, 6, 6 on 33% shooting... This guy is stealing money... obviously. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

I’ve noticed Butler has dramatically changed his shot release for the better. He used to hold it longer in his hands and squat down more, now he tends to actually shoot it and off the move a bit. I’ve seen other games though, he’s never been on like tonight. 

Butler had one of the worst outside shooting seasons of his career outside of his rookie year. 

It was just one of those nights.

4 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Even I can’t fault Trae too tough so far.  I said before the series the heat can give him so many looks from martin, butler, lowry, and vincent denying, face guarding, and pressing him, then Tucker and Bam can spell them for a few possessions in isolation.

You have to build your program on defense.  You just have to.  The last finesse team to win a ‘ship might’ve been the Showtime Lakers and they were big af.  The worst defenses to win had Peak LeBron and Kobe on em so…

Keep Hunter, Trae, Delon, Gallo, JJ, Coop, and Okongwu. Maybe Bogi. Upgrade the rest. I see no future for JC in Atlanta, he got us to this point, thank you. I see no future with one of Kevin or Bogi. Kevin got a better deal and age and can get us a stud so its him. Capela is needed but he needs to be upgraded for a defensive superstar. Rudy can be our Deke and some. 

I need Gobert

I need a 4 with size.

I need Eric Gordon or Malcolm Brodgon 

Kev and JC for Gobert plus picks to Utah

Brodgon for Capela

Get Thad Young, Jamychal Green, P.J. Tucker, Boucher, or some stretch 4 that's cheaper than JC and provides length. 

This is likely our best option to contend and be a contender. 

• Premium Member
Just now, Diesel said:

Damn.. yall are shitting on a guy who scored 25, 7, and 6  while shooting 50% from the field. 

Last night Joker had 26, 11, and 4 while shooting 45% from the field.. 

I guess He sucks too.

Harden had 14, 6, 6 on 33% shooting... This guy is stealing money... obviously. 

Trae was shit down the stretch, and in the critical third quarter where Miami opened up the game. I believe he had like 20 points in the first half. He was terrible in the second half with more turnovers than points I think. 

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Oh I fully expect them to win Game 3 . . . they might even blow the Heat out.

They did a lot of good things tonight that should translate over to a very good Game 3.

Trae simply has to stop letting the Heat set up their pressure.   Either the ball has to move, or he has to move with the ball.  All of that standing around shit, and letting people press up on him, is pure garbage.

This is my biggest gripe, other than the sloppy TOs.  It's on Trae and coaching though.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Trae was shit down the stretch, and in the critical third quarter where Miami opened up the game. I believe he had like 20 points in the first half. He was terrible in the second half with more turnovers than points I think. 

Trae's game is literally the same as it was at Oklahoma, and that's an indictment on him and the coaching staff.... He was playing so well before recently......................................Hope he turns it around Friday..

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Kevin isn't a horrible defender. Delon is an excellent defender. 

Agreed on Delon.. Huerter isnt consistent..

Edited by terrell

Clint’s Cleveland foul has put the Hawks in a precarious position.
Taking Delon Wright out of the game made no sense and sometimes it seems as if Coach Nate defers to Trae regarding game strategy. I wonder if there are any experienced NBA veterans (on the Hawks or in the association )advising any of the Hawks players.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Keep Hunter, Trae, Delon, Gallo, JJ, Coop, and Okongwu. Maybe Bogi. Upgrade the rest. I see no future for JC in Atlanta, he got us to this point, thank you. I see no future with one of Kevin or Bogi. Kevin got a better deal and age and can get us a stud so its him. Capela is needed but he needs to be upgraded for a defensive superstar. Rudy can be our Deke and some. 

I need Gobert

I need a 4 with size.

Brodgon for Capela

Get Thad Young, Jamychal Green, P.J. Tucker, Boucher, or some stretch 4 that's cheaper than JC and provides length. 

OO can go too for the right player.. We need BIG wings around Trae, so Hunter might be safe.. 

Edited by terrell

18 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

And people shitting on Trae, yes, there is some (quite a bit) of shitting on that is completely justified. But let's take a step back and look at what we have out there next to Trae atm. One legged Collins, Gallo who I believe missed every single FG tongiht, Huerter 3-13, Hunter 6-15, outside of Bogi who got hot at the end no one could make a three. Miami is taking Trae away and forcing someone else to beat them. There is no one else out there consistently that is anywhere close to being able to do that so far. Bogi got hot and it suddenly became a contest. 

I fully expect the game to open a lot more in game three. These ice cold shooters will get hot and things will open up for Trae he will dominate etc. we all know how that goes once the lane opens up. 

My thing is that he has to keep attacking.  He can't settle for long 3s when his shot isn't falling.  What he did in the 1st quarter was trying to take the easy way out.  I thought he was great in the 2nd and 3rd quarters ( outside of the turnovers ), even though he didn't force his offense that much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Dynamo said:

Clint’s Cleveland foul has put the Hawks in a precarious position.
Taking Delon Wright out of the game made no sense and sometimes it seems as if Coach Nate defers to Trae regarding game strategy. I wonder if there are any experienced NBA veterans (on the Hawks or in the association )advising any of Hawks players.

I knew that was gonna doom us in the Heat series. We needed to be close to full strength to beat them with a home court disadvantage. If we can hold serve until (if) he comes back we have a chance, but if we don't see Clint this series it's a wrap 100%. 

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I need Gobert

I need a 4 with size.

Brodgon for Capela

Man.  I been trying to rebuild this team since 1978.  I'm about done trying.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

My thing is that he has to keep attacking.  He can't settle for long 3s when his shot isn't falling.  What he did in the 1st quarter was trying to take the easy way out.  I thought he was great in the 2nd and 3rd quarters ( outside of the turnovers ), even though he didn't force his offense that much.

There are a lot of things he could have done better, but running our offense through Trae Young the way the refs have been calling the games is really taxing on him and probably a contributor to why he is settling late in the game. Like I said dude was gassed by the late first quarter, you could see it in his face drenched in sweat and tomato red when he went to the line and missed that free throw. At some point, you have to give props to Miami for playing us perfectly, and identifying that our team without Cap and a hobbled Collins probably doesn't have the offensive firepower to win with Trae taking a facilitator role.

• Like 1