• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at heat -- GAME 2

lethalweapon3

27 minutes ago, terrell said:

1. The Hawks are not winning this series imo. We'll be fortunate to win 1 game. Major changes needed in the off-season. Nate has to go. Schlenk too.

2. Trae with those live ball turnovers killed us. He was just as bad today as last game. He IS NOT stepping up. 

3. Can OO play more than 20 min without fouling out? Nate must not think so.. smh

Good lord what a terrible take. Just stop Michael Jordan . Gif 

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

OO can go too for the right player..

He has a chance to develop as a 4 as well as JJ. Without JC, you got no PFs for the present. Gallo got a year max. You can't get rid of Okongwu or JJ. You need both for now to see who can be our 4 of the future.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trae simply has to stop letting the Heat set up their pressure.   Either the ball has to move, or he has to move with the ball.  All of that standing around shit, and letting people press up on him, is pure garbage.

This may just be the series that snaps us out of that bad habit. 

9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Damn.. yall are shitting on a guy who scored 25, 7, and 6  while shooting 50% from the field. 

Last night Joker had 26, 11, and 4 while shooting 45% from the field.. 

I guess He sucks too.

Harden had 14, 6, 6 on 33% shooting... This guy is stealing money... obviously. 

He was a C+ tonight at best.  He had a great 2nd quarter where he scrapped for his points.  And he made his only 2 shots in the 3rd quarter.  But he only went 1 - 5 in the 4th and shot zero FTs in the 2nd half.  4 for the game total.

The turnovers were just ridiculous, and too passive at times.  To me, it was a lack of focus and not paying attention to how aggressive the Heat go after every ball.

He didn't play like that in last year's playoffs.  The kid needs to stay in attack mode, and quit trying to find favorable matchups off the switch.  The Heat are blitzing that every time he tries to set it up.  Nate needs to be in his ear at all times, telling him that.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He was a C+ tonight at best.  He had a great 2nd quarter where he scrapped for his points.  And he made his only 2 shots in the 3rd quarter.  But he only went 1 - 5 in the 4th and shot zero FTs in the 2nd half.  4 for the game total.

The turnovers were just ridiculous, and too passive at times.  To me, it was a lack of focus and not paying attention to how aggressive the Heat go after every ball.

He didn't play like that in last year's playoffs.  The kid needs to stay in attack mode, and quit trying to find favorable matchups off the switch.  The Heat are blitzing that every time he tries to set it up.  Nate needs to be in his ear at all times, telling him that.

His defense was horrendous, C+??? He was just as bad as game 1. 

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Hes avg 16 points and 8 turnovers...On like 40% shooting...

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Spo is not going to waste time playing Duncan, if he can't affect the game with his shooting.  That's what makes him a good coach.  He understand game situations and his personnel.

Nate has set rotations and feel that certain guys have to get back in the game.  No way should Kevin Huerter came back in that game.  Nate coaches to shoot his way back into a game, not to get stops.

I don't have a huge issue with Nate's rotations so far this series, He has limited Okonguw extended Delon and outside of that not sure what else he can do. We are down too many pieces right now.

6 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

I don't have a huge issue with Nate's rotations so far this series, He has limited Okonguw extended Delon and outside of that not sure what else he can do. We are down too many pieces right now.

He didnt have to go back to Kevin in the 4th quarter. Wright was playing well. We got the lead down to 3 and you take Wright out the game. The game flows different with him on the floor. I could see putting Kevin in if he had his offensive game going. smh

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Trae was shit down the stretch, and in the critical third quarter where Miami opened up the game. I believe he had like 20 points in the first half. He was terrible in the second half with more turnovers than points I think. 

Trae was feeding the hot hand down the stretch.

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Spo is not going to waste time playing Duncan, if he can't affect the game with his shooting.  That's what makes him a good coach.  He understand game situations and his personnel.

Nate has set rotations and feel that certain guys have to get back in the game.  No way should Kevin Huerter came back in that game.  Nate coaches to shoot his way back into a game, not to get stops.

And he's supposed to be a defensive minded coach. He has us so fooled.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I agree..

But there were 4 soft passes that were stolen.   The others were not that way.  But those 4 were 7 points. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He was late on a few of his rotations on 3s, but still contested the shot. And he had a bad play at the end vs Jimmy Butler.

In all, I count 10 points given up by Trae, and an assist by Strus

https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&ContextMeasure=FGM&EndPeriod=0&EndRange=28800&GameID=0042100102&PlayerID=0&RangeType=0&Season=2021-22&SeasonType=Playoffs&StartPeriod=0&StartRange=0&TeamID=1610612748&flag=3&sct=plot&section=game

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

And he's supposed to be a defensive minded coach. He has us so fooled.

That's not exactly true.

Nate coaches to score so that we can set up defense.   i.e. our Transition defense sucks. 

• Like 1

He was late on a few of his rotations on 3s, but still contested the shot. And he had a bad play at the end vs Jimmy Butler.

https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&ContextMeasure=FGM&EndPeriod=0&EndRange=28800&GameID=0042100102&PlayerID=0&RangeType=0&Season=2021-22&SeasonType=Playoffs&StartPeriod=0&StartRange=0&TeamID=1610612748&flag=3&sct=plot&section=game

lol contested shots with a 6'2 wingspan... 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, terrell said:

He didnt have to go back to Kevin in the 4th quarter. Wright was playing well. We got the lead down to 3 and you take Wright out the game. The game flows different with him on the floor. I could see putting Kevin in if he had his offense game going. smh

Actually we were down by 7 when he took Wright out.

Kevin found Trae in the corner for a 3, which cut it to 4.

I still would've left Delon out there though.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Actually, I like Trae's offensive rebounds.  He probably didn't get credited for all of them but i counted about 3 offense and 4 defensive.   For a guy who doesn't get many rebounds, Trae was in there tonight. 

He didn't do that strange switch thing with Hunter and his defense was OK... but not terrible. 

• Like 1