• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at heat -- GAME 2

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

This is probably the biggest reason we miss Clint. That 1/5 PnR is consistent and it forces the defense to adjust. It gives Trae a lot of leverage. Without that, Miami can take away Trae, any good defense can in this case. 

They can take Trae away as long as our shooters keep missing open threes and the refs give us no whistles. These things will change in game 3.... pretty confident about that. If we can take that game and we get Clint back for game 4 we have a chance to sweep at home and make this a series. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Trae forced way too much tonight.  Casual deep 3s are not the answer when you have to rush the shot because of active defense and closeouts.  Also, this Heat team is a nightmare for us matchup wise.

He forced his open shots in the 1st quarter.  He didn't force his offense going toward the basket enough in my opinion.  He made some very good scoring and passing plays in the 2nd quarter.

The passes were way too casual for me. The Heat play aggressive, so your passing has to be on point.  Instead of forcing passes, I'd rather him force floaters going to the basket.

• Like 1

Even I can’t fault Trae too tough so far.  I said before the series the heat can give him so many looks from martin, butler, lowry, and vincent denying, face guarding, and pressing him, then Tucker and Bam can spell them for a few possessions in isolation.

You have to build your program on defense.  You just have to.  The last finesse team to win a ‘ship might’ve been the Showtime Lakers and they were big af.  The worst defenses to win had Peak LeBron and Kobe on em so…

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, benhillboy said:

Even I can’t fault Trae too tough so far.  I said before the series the heat can give him so many looks from martin, butler, lowry, and vincent denying, face guarding, and pressing him, then Tucker and Bam can spell them for a few possessions in isolation.

You have to build your program on defense.  You just have to.  The last finesse team to win a ‘ship might’ve been the Showtime Lakers and they were big af.  The worst defenses to win had Peak LeBron and Kobe on em so…

Trae looked exhausted by the end of the first quarter. 

4 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

They can take Trae away as long as our shooters keep missing open threes and the refs give us no whistles. These things will change in game 3.... pretty confident about that. If we can take that game and we get Clint back for game 4 we have a chance to sweep at home and make this a series. 

You think CC is coming back? Id be surprised..And we need All Star caliber CC, not a hampered CC..

• Premium Member

At some point we gotta acknowledge the Heat are playing some fantastic defense, right? I know it's been cool to call the Heat pretenders, but maybe they are a really, really good team which is why they finished with a better record than anyone else in the ultra competitive eastern conference?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

This is why we need major changes in the offseason..

Edited by terrell

16 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The #1 seed won on their homecourt against a team that is missing it's starting center and you guys are all "the sky is falling"...

You got to be kidding me. 

The sky is not falling.  I'll be SHOCKED if we don't win Game 3, even with Capela out.

But this was definitely a game that we could've got, especially after Bogi got hot.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
Just now, terrell said:

Exactly.. Its why we need major changes in the offseason..

I'm all for changes to improve the team, but it's a little unfair to judge this team when key guys are out virtually every game the last two years. Collins and Capella are hands down our second and third best players and we are down 1.5 of the two them atm. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If we get even 2 of Trae, Bogi, Huerter, Hunter and Gallo to get hot 🥵 in Atlanta, I think we can climb back and get a couple wins at home.

Trae had 10 turns, that’s not happening at home. We spread the ball and move better at home. 

Let’s study tape and see what we can do. Butler had the best night of his life. 45/5/5. 

I like our chances on Friday.

We fought. Years past those hawks teams laid down. This team has fight. Long way to go.

THE REFS WERE AWFUL!!!! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bro really uses Centers with size as leverage, without that size, he's really 6'1 out there. Honestly, this is the Trae I used to shit on in year 2 with those good bad stats 

There’s nothing wrong with this when he can make serious impact. I don’t care how he does it as long as he’s doing it. This is his style and he’s already shown that the league can’t stop it. The problem is the one person on the team that commits to the screens and not looking for his shot on every play is capela. 

Better commitment on the screens and recognition as a team will help this team big time because the heat are already overplaying the screen and trapping or showing they are going to trap on every play Trae calls for a screen and the only reaction the screener has so far  is slipping and leaving his spot anticipating a trap or of the trap comes quickly allowing Trae to get doubled or tightly guarded while on one bad pivot foot .

nothing special is going on that can’t be figured out or hasn’t been shown by other teams and when Trae and this offense figures it out (again)…oh yeah it’s going to be a completely different story!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

I'm all for changes to improve the team, but it's a little unfair to judge this team when key guys are out virtually every game the last two years. Collins and Capella are hands down our second and third best players and we are down 1.5 of the two them atm. 

Nah Trae Bogi CC are our 3 best players imo...But I see what you mean... WE cant stay healthy for shit as a team...

Edited by terrell

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The sky is not falling.  I'll be SHOCKED if we don't win Game 3, even with Capela out.

But this was definitely a game that we could've got, especially after Bogi got hot.

We forgot how to attack these traps coming on the picks but we’ll get it together. The traps is what I believe caused Trae to do soft passes and get a lot of turnovers.

5 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

At some point we gotta acknowledge the Heat are playing some fantastic defense, right? I know it's been cool to call the Heat pretenders, but maybe they are a really, really good team which is why they finished with a better record than anyone else in the ultra competitive eastern conference?

The Hawks moved to Atlanta in 1969.  When they gonna have a championship caliber team?