• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at heat -- GAME 2

lethalweapon3

9 hours ago, terrell said:

This is why we need major changes in the offseason..

Problem is that we can't count on Schlenk making the right choices.

Last year was a fluke and so I wonder how much leeway that buys him going forward.

That's the problem with the team getting in here. 

"Well, we still made the playoffs despite all the injuries!"

So, the excuses are still there. 

A lousy 8th seed doesn't change that almost none of Schlenk's picks are working out.

This team as it is constructed did the best it was going to do last year.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Sothron said:

Don't be an idiot. Even realgm posters are commenting that the cHeat are getting away with murder and the refs are letting them do it. 

Well him complaining wont help anything..  Probably just make it worse.. Refs dont like him...Its pretty obvious..

34 minutes ago, thecampster said:

How do you taste food with all of that coming out of your mouth?  I get it, you hate Trae but dang man...every game.

I have been praising Trae alot this season for his play.. Stop it wih this every game BS...He's been ass in the postseason besides 2nd half in Cleveland... Point blank..

Edited by terrell

26 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Trae is averaging 16 ppg shooting 12% from 3 and 8 turnovers per game and the conclusion by some posters is that it is due to the rest of the team. Therefore the Hawks should blow up their roster while keeping Trae because in some people's minds, others are to be blamed for Trae's struggles. Can someone explain this difficult to understand concept to me?

Well we all know Trae isnt going anywhere...... So you have to put the best team you can around him.... Its gonna be difficult as f*** if we're talking Championships imo.......

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, terrell said:

Well we all know Trae isnt going anywhere...... So you have to put the best team you can around him.... Its gonna be difficult as f*** if we're talking Championships imo.......

Does it matter who is around a player if wins and loses are determined by his play?

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Does it matter who is around a player if wins and loses are determined by his play?

We have to try.. We have no choice..

We need another star/closer  and an elite BIG minimum..

23 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Last year was a fluke and so I wonder how much leeway that buys him going forward.

A lousy 8th seed doesn't change that almost none of Schlenk's picks are working out.

Traes dad is already blaming the absence of CC, which is true.. We do need Clint, but this team isnt winning anything as constructed imo..The East is too deep....... He actually blocked a guy when he brought up Trae's 10 turnovers. lol.... Weak sauce..

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SalvorMallow said:

Why can't Delon get more minutes? He has a huge impact every time he's on the floor but somehow his minutes are limited so Huerter can get blown by and be forced to foul over and over? What happened to Nate's supposed defensive identity? Huerter had 5 fouls down the stretch so he couldnt body up on D. Wright had 2 steals and 0 fouls. 

Dude was +8 in 29 minutes and he had the best +- of anyone who played >20 mins in the last game too. Please please Nate give Delon starters minutes and see what happens. 

It’s the Nate syndrome. His stubbornness won’t allow him to change rotations. 

14 minutes ago, terrell said:

Traes dad is already blaming the absence of CC, which is true.. We do need Clint, but this team isnt winning anything as constructed imo..The East is too deep....... He actually blocked a guy when he brought up Trae's 10 turnovers. lol.... Weak sauce..

If Capela is our MVP, which he is, we aren't winning shit. So much of that spamming I cried about was needed. It wasn't done because it just works. Trae is no CP3. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

It wasn't a fluke. We finished 2nd in offensive efficiency spamming the 1/5 PnR that everyone knows is coming like Stockton and Malone. Without that, Trae is bad on the eyes to watch as a spectator. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This is like christmas for some of you.

Mainly the ones who were are absent after wins.

It's so predictable and sad.  You ignore an amazing history and career, but pay attention to a couple bad games.  Then Hunter plays one good quarter and they call everyone haters and say the analysts like them "know basketball', other's are ignorant dumb asses.  In both cases the evidence they live on is the outlier.  We're supposed to be the dumb ass?  

They are so blind that they can't even see how ridiculous they look.  

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, terrell said:

Never mind.

Edited by Plainview1981

Just now, Final_quest said:

It's so predictable and sad.  You ignore an amazing history and career, but pay attention to a couple bad games.  Then Hunter plays one good quarter and they call everyone haters and say the analysts like them "know basketball', other's are ignorant dumb asses.  In both cases the evidence they live on is the outlier.  We're supposed to be the dumb ass?  

They are so blind that they can't even see how ridiculous they look.  

My thing is, there are meaningful discussions to be had relating to those topics.  But that's not what's happening.  It's weird but, as you said, beyond predictable.

Imagine waiting through x-amount of good games for the one or two bad games then yelling negative opinions from the rooftops about a player, team, whatever.  That's basically the broken clock being right twice a day.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

No chance anyone can explain this to you in a way you would understand.  You only see data and evidence that supports your opinion.  

Hunter plays good for one quarter all season, and that is supposed to be the only data we use to judge him.  Trae is an All NBA talent breaking records and making history every month, but you only post his limited failures.  Bogi leads the league in scoring off the bench after becoming a sixth man, and you only acknowledge his bad shooting nights and mediocre defense.  

So no one has a remote chance of explaining what is completely obvious with your unique view point.  I know one thing.  You will not post at all if Trae has a good game and we win.  

Why is this the narrative?  You and others always refer back to the past when I am just referring these 2 games. The Hawks did not lose last night because Capela did not play. They lost because of turnovers. Everyone interviewed both players and coach supported this explanation. But Hawk fans want to pretend something else went wrong and I'm just curious why?

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

My thing is, there are meaningful discussions to be had relating to those topics.  But that's not what's happening.  It's weird but, as you said, beyond predictable.

Imagine waiting through x-amount of good games for the one or two bad games then yelling negative opinions from the rooftops about a player, team, whatever.  That's basically the broken clock being right twice a day.

That's the exact result.  The discussion goes straight into the toilet.  There's a lot of actual reasons why Trae and the Hawks are having difficulty in this series.  But since I told my friends Trae is a star and he embarrassed me, we have to listen to a toddler tantrum.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It wasn't a fluke. We finished 2nd in offensive efficiency spamming the 1/5 PnR that everyone knows is coming like Stockton and Malone. Without that, Trae is bad on the eyes to watch as a spectator. 

It was a fluke because this team is EXTREMELY flawed.

Both Stockton and Malone were Hall of gamers and a more versatile duo than Trae/Cap.

This is not a roster that can be a top level threat year in and year out. It just isn't.