• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at heat -- GAME 2

lethalweapon3

Just now, Final_quest said:

That's the exact result.  The discussion goes straight into the toilet.  There's a lot of actual reasons why Trae and the Hawks are having difficulty in this series.  But since I told my friends Trae is a star and he embarrassed me, we have to listen to a toddler tantrum.  

Haha, I was talking ca$h sh*t to my heat-fan brother in law before the series.  Suffice to say, those texts did not age well and the family reunion may or may not devolve into a battle royale.

But I've said too much. 🤨

• Haha 4

• Moderators

We aren't going to beat anyone with so little from kev/gallo/hunter.   We've gottten so used to Kev and Hunter being just ok that people are saying they played well.   Really?  Hunter was average and Kev played 30 minutes and made 3 baskets, no free throws.  

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, SalvorMallow said:

Why can't Delon get more minutes? He has a huge impact every time he's on the floor but somehow his minutes are limited so Huerter can get blown by and be forced to foul over and over? What happened to Nate's supposed defensive identity? Huerter had 5 fouls down the stretch so he couldnt body up on D. Wright had 2 steals and 0 fouls. 

Dude was +8 in 29 minutes and he had the best +- of anyone who played >20 mins in the last game too. Please please Nate give Delon starters minutes and see what happens. 

Ok, ya I agree with that. 

I understand the thinking of putting Huerter there down the stretch with Trae (having a floor spacer) but if Huerter isn't making the shots just roll with Delon.

• Premium Member

What we learned...

The one thing we learned that I hope sticks and we work on is that Refs calling it tight for Jimmy leads to Hawks players playing less aggressively on Jimmy.... leads to Jimmy scoring big. 

With 4 minutes or so left in the first half..

Bogi, Kev, and Hunter all had 4 fouls. 

That's 12 fouls in 20 minutes.   Let's do the math.. .that would be a trajectory of all three fouling out by 40 minute mark of the game. 

There were 50 fouls total for the game.   That means that our 2nd half we committed less fouls.   Hunter Kev and Bogi all ended up with 5 fouls.   Jimmy shot 12 FTs...  The hawks shot 14 FTs...  Is the aggression that much different?

The haters say.. Don't talk about fouls... the refs wasn't the reason why we lost?

They were not the sole reason... but they were a very strong contributor.

They Let Miami get away with murder...

They control our aggression with the quick whistle.

I'm still trying to figure out how two fouls called on Miami when we were in the very act of shooting were called non-Shooting fouls?

I don't know what we can do about this lopsidedness in reffing the game.   Maybe nothing.   But it's a bad look when Jimmy can jump into whoever and get a foul...

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

What we learned...

The one thing we learned that I hope sticks and we work on is that Refs calling it tight for Jimmy leads to Hawks players playing less aggressively on Jimmy.... leads to Jimmy scoring big. 

With 4 minutes or so left in the first half..

Bogi, Kev, and Hunter all had 4 fouls. 

That's 12 fouls in 20 minutes.   Let's do the math.. .that would be a trajectory of all three fouling out by 40 minute mark of the game. 

There were 50 fouls total for the game.   That means that our 2nd half we committed less fouls.   Hunter Kev and Bogi all ended up with 5 fouls.   Jimmy shot 12 FTs...  The hawks shot 14 FTs...  Is the aggression that much different?

The haters say.. Don't talk about fouls... the refs wasn't the reason why we lost?

They were not the sole reason... but they were a very strong contributor.

They Let Miami get away with murder...

They control our aggression with the quick whistle.

I'm still trying to figure out how two fouls called on Miami when we were in the very act of shooting were called non-Shooting fouls?

I don't know what we can do about this lopsidedness in reffing the game.   Maybe nothing.   But it's a bad look when Jimmy can jump into whoever and get a foul...

you lose some credibility when you bring up Bogi.   He earned every foul he was called for and most of them are intentional.  hard to say a guy is getting screwed by the refs when he is actively seeking out intentional fouls all game.  That combined with him being the single worst defensive player in the NBA and it's a recipe for a foul-o-rama,

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, shakes said:

you lose some credibility when you bring up Bogi.   He earned every foul he was called for and most of them are intentional.  hard to say a guy is getting screwed by the refs when he is actively seeking out intentional fouls all game.  That combined with him being the single worst defensive player in the NBA and it's a recipe for a foul-o-rama,

I hate the Bogi take fouls.  Bogi did get a foul intentionally at the end of the game.  However, 2 of his fouls in the first half were huh??

I didn't know what to make of Vincent taking the ball from Bogi mid dribble.  It felt like a foul... but if Bogi would have flashed the shiver, he would have been called for the OF like Trae was.

• Moderators
Just now, thecampster said:

When compared to the Hunter running under the basket hands up trying to get out of Jimmy's way and Jimmy makes brush contact is a foul. It isn't about is it a foul or not. If Hunter's is a foul, Vincent's is a hard foul. The real problem in the game last night was in the consistent 2 way whistle.  If I had a wish, it would be fore fans in the ATL to show up with signs all over the arena or to wear shirts that said, "Call the game fair!".  Just all over the arena, signs and shirts.

The tone of the game completely changes if the game is just called fair.  A foul is a foul.  Call it.

But the number of absolute BS plays that are getting the highlight treatment on twitter is an embarrassment for the league.  At least they should be embarrassed.  If I was in charge of managing the refs, I'd sure as hell be sitting them down with highlights of Lowry in particular and tell these guys to wake the **** up and take control of the game before someone gets hurt.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, thecampster said:

When compared to the Hunter running under the basket hands up trying to get out of Jimmy's way and Jimmy makes brush contact is a foul. It isn't about is it a foul or not. If Hunter's is a foul, Vincent's is a hard foul. The real problem in the game last night was in the consistent 2 way whistle.  If I had a wish, it would be for fans in the ATL to show up with signs all over the arena or to wear shirts that said, "Call the game fair!".  Just all over the arena, signs and shirts.

Here...if you wanna push the analytics and get it seen.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, thecampster said:

When compared to the Hunter running under the basket hands up trying to get out of Jimmy's way and Jimmy makes brush contact is a foul. It isn't about is it a foul or not. If Hunter's is a foul, Vincent's is a hard foul. The real problem in the game last night was in the consistent 2 way whistle.  If I had a wish, it would be for fans in the ATL to show up with signs all over the arena or to wear shirts that said, "Call the game fair!".  Just all over the arena, signs and shirts.

13 minutes ago, AHF said:

The tone of the game completely changes if the game is just called fair.  A foul is a foul.  Call it.

But the number of absolute BS plays that are getting the highlight treatment on twitter is an embarrassment for the league.  At least they should be embarrassed.  If I was in charge of managing the refs, I'd sure as hell be sitting them down with highlights of Lowry in particular and tell these guys to wake the **** up and take control of the game before someone gets hurt.

The nuance that will be missed in all this is the fact that there is a gargantuan chasm of difference between 'complaining about not getting calls' and 'complaining that the game is being called improperly'.

One can objectively be dismissed as homerism.  Maybe.

The other is indeed an issue with the integrity of the game.

It seems clear we're seeing the latter.

Edited by kg01
  • Like 2