• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at heat -- GAME 2

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Unless you're finna mail off some-a them bad boys for taste-testin', I vote we take down those pics and censure the poster.

This is as egregious as the nudes spud posted a few years ago.  Not that we wanted to taste squd but ... well, you know what I mean.

🤓

You can have 2 if you make the drive.

Remember a few weeks ago when the Heat imploded and Butler and Has and Spo wanted to fight? 

Can we find out what pissed them off internally and attack that? Was it an on court scheme? Anyone know what the original beef was about?

Also, where is the Morris twin? 

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

This all goes back to Nate and not protecting his guys. You have to make a scene at the press conference to get sports center to break down your beef. Cite specific plays, take the fine but make it public so the league has to react. This is on Nate. I love Nate but if he has a failing, this is it.

I called this early in the season. Nate's Narrative is to play through it, which they have to. But it's also Nate's responsibility to protect his players, which he absolutely does not do.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

There were a few squawkers on here 'loving the new rule changes' regarding fouls in the early part of the season - Happy Now? :stirthepot:

Particularly the continuation calls and shooting fouls have royally screwed is.

Take dat for Data! Will always be funny :laugh1:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Good to hear Nick Van Exel has been coaching Trae about getting off the ball properly like I’ve been begging for, ironically something he wasn’t particularly good at.  

Delon is developing more of a voice each game and he has impacted Trae’s awareness in that area some as their minutes together increase.  That was the most demonstrative I’ve seen him all year when he got pissed at Bogi for not filling the lane on a fast break.  I believe both of Trae’s open catch and shoot three makes came with him on the floor.  

I just hate I have to hear it from Jimmy Jackson.  NEVER get any insight from Nique.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There were a few squawkers on here 'loving the new rule changes' regarding fouls in the early part of the season - Happy Now? :stirthepot:

Particularly the continuation calls and shooting fouls have royally screwed is.

Take dat for Data! Will always be funny :laugh1:

lol i love the rule changes i just dont like it when theyre not applied to everyone!

Small side note, marcus smart just hand checked and fouled kyrie like 3x on one possession until kyrie lost the handle bc smart was stiff arming him.  Certain dudes just don't get whistled.  How can we get that treatment becaues OO and Hunter sometimes don't even make physical contact and get whistled

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Unless you're finna mail off some-a them bad boys for taste-testin', I vote we take down those pics and censure the poster.

This is as egregious as the nudes spud posted a few years ago.  Not that we wanted to taste squd but ... well, you know what I mean.

🤓

FYI, they turned out pretty good.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I called this early in the season. Nate's Narrative is to play through it, which they have to. But it's also Nate's responsibility to protect his players, which he absolutely does not do.

I get he doesn't wanna give them the ref "excuse" but he's gotta find a way to protect them out there.

Have Schlenk do it.  Doing it privately isn't as effective as doing it privately AND putting their feet to the fire by making a stink in the media too.

• Like 3

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

How bout the Hawks getting physical with the Heat like the Heat are getting physical with them?  Forget the refs.

Definitely think that needs to happen but the unfortunate reality is that it probably results in an ejection for the Hawk which is why I think the next "smack Jimmy in the face", "hurl yourself at Jimmy's knees," etc. play needs to come from a bench warmer.  Just replicate exactly what Miami did to draw attention to it.  Those plays are going to end someone's season and Miami has made several of them.

On the more routine grabbing, bumping, etc. plays it is the same dilemma.  Our guys get whistled for less contact so stepping up to more contact may just result in a parade of Miami players to the FT line but do think we need to try it.  The refs should be consistent but...

15 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Certain dudes just don't get whistled.  How can we get that treatment becaues OO and Hunter sometimes don't even make physical contact and get whistled

This.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I figure game three would have to be like KD visits Atlanta. 

We don't foul KD in Atlanta.  We let him do what he does and we stop everybody else.  Our plan may ought to be make Jimmy beat us.   We have done good in silencing Strus, Herro, Bam and on occasion Duncan.   I say for one more time, let's focus on the others and pull Jimmy's star card.  This time.. no fouls. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Remember a few weeks ago when the Heat imploded and Butler and Has and Spo wanted to fight? 

Can we find out what pissed them off internally and attack that? Was it an on court scheme? Anyone know what the original beef was about?

Also, where is the Morris twin? 

Being at home should make a difference.  Hawks might even get a few calls from the refs!

(Spud:  Be sure to check out the film on Naz Hillmon in the Atlanta Dream Forum)

:smug:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 4/19/2022 at 10:07 PM, Hawkmoor said:

Quinn Snyder knows Pops offense ( Budenhozer assistant) and knows how to controls superstars ( he keeps Donovan Mitchell in check).  The Hawks have to snatch him from Utah.  He has the system which will FORCE Trae to play team offense and team defense.  He has the CACHE to whip this into a cohesive unit.  No more iso Trae and no more matador defense by Trae. Nate isn't that dude.

Hawks Assistant Quin Snyder A Target for Jazz Head Coaching Job

Predicted this a year ago DURING the playoffs.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1