• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at heat -- GAME 5

lethalweapon3

8 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Did Jordan Rules declare that Jordan wasn't a superstar?

What about the Wall that was set up for Giannis?

I watched Olajuwon destroy David Robinson the year Robinson won MVP..  Did that Destruction mean that DRob was not a superstar.

come on man, good players lose and sometimes look bad doing it.   Stop being a hater.

Comparing Trae to real HOF's? lol 

Ok.

Miami is not a great team. They aren't the 80's Pistons at all.

It's not just that the Hawks lost, but Trae was terrible for most of the series... But it doesn't help when your best player is Mr. Thigh High with a supporting cast of softies.

If you showboat and can't back it up you will be mocked for it.

Again, Trae is not the main problem. Travis didn't give him that great of a supporting cast and that falls on management.

But, eh... What a mess.

There is zero reason to believe Schlenk can fix this. Almost nothing he has done has worked.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Nash said:

Trae was bad in the entire series and deserves to be criticized. But he can get some slack if he was injured. He definitely didn't look himself after that Lowry soccer foul. As far as the fan base, it's the same everywhere lol. You should see what Nuggets fans are saying about Jokic for being down 3:1 to GSW. It's Jokic's fault for everything. They even blame him for 90 points that Steph, Klay and Poole are putting every game on 60% fg efficiency as the fans want him to chase all 3 on the perimeter, and then score 40 points on 80% fg. Fans are the same everywhere lol

Maybe so.

But the rise of the anti-fan really pisses off real fans.  no other way to say it.  We are thirsty for a championship in our city.. with our team.  As soon as we get a glimmer of hope with a young star doing shit that no other Hawk in Hawks history has done...  the Anti-fans come along after every loss and pisses on it.   They find fault at every corner as if there's a perfect player in the league?  I believe that most of them are guys that wanted Fat Luka.  Well, that f***ing ship has sailed.  If you want Fat Luka so bad, go to a Dallas fan board and you can hug his nuts over there. 

This.. on the night we were eliminated by the team that finished with the best record in the East who drew up a plan where they would guard our best player with 3 players and show us our flaws.. The anti-fans show up to... GLOAT???  Explain it to me.. how does that work?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Atlantaholic said:

And how many starters did we have out? Capella and JC are out there playing with injuries that would keep them out for weeks. I think there is a lot to criticize this series specifically with Trae Young and the way Nate coached, but how did Miami play today without two of their key guys? Not too well. We've been playing with key guys out or extremely diminished all series long. We can't just gloss over that fact.

I totally agree with you. That's why it's on Nate to get the rooks ready over the long regular season. JJ should have been out there over a 50% JC. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I’m not really sold on Trae off ball… his vision and passing is elite… we need better options and responses to how teams guard him but imo he needs the ball in his hands as much as possible

You actually have to have a real system to do it and run it with intention....and it doesn't always mean he'll score from those plays because like you said he has great vision and passing skills so he can also get easier shots for teammates. It just prevents the defense from keying in on him from a more stationary position.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

I agree with you. Trae is not a competent off ball player. But the greats always add new dimensions to their game. A lot of us feel like this is the next step for Trae, but it's up to Trae to want it. 

He don't have the body, the strength, the stamina, or the lungs to be an off ball player. 

What he need to get better at is sharing the load and being smarter and more of a Point gawd like CP3 is. Spamming shit just gets downloaded. He got lucky with last year's playoffs. Teams had weak benches and always had one player we could hide Trae on. Miami didn't and we got gaped.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

I can see where you're coming from on the first 3. The last one....Don't know if I'd call our performance playing them "Strong" when we couldn't even beat them with 2 starters out.

They had 2 starters out, we had 3.. well 2 and a possible. 

That wasn't JC.   CC couldn't really give us anything.   and Bogi was out.   Bottom line is that they are deeper than us.   For us to lose 3 starters and Lou.. is hard.   We don't have more bullets to shoot. 

Like I said, I'm glad that we didn't lay down.   We didn't 1,2,3, cancun...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You're right. Its just your personality

Personal shots now? Ok. Peo. Dre having a good game really has you feeling yourself huh?

You're acting worse than Trae stans when he goes for 50 in a loss..

Edited by terrell

8 minutes ago, terrell said:

Dude Im happy for Dre.. Ive been waiting to see this from him...But lets see if it carries over to next season before you start crowning the guy..

Remember when Cam was going to explode this season after a couple of good games against the Bucks last year?

Hunter is what he is... A decent shooter and sometimes a good defender, but everything else is eh...

This is ok if you have two or three stars that carry most of the slack in the other area's.

Hunter will be in the league for years to come. Just as more of a role player.

Like a Marvin Williams or a lesser Luol Dang or someone.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

They had 2 starters out, we had 3.. well 2 and a possible. 

That wasn't JC.   CC couldn't really give us anything.   and Bogi was out.   Bottom line is that they are deeper than us.   For us to lose 3 starters and Lou.. is hard.   We don't have more bullets to shoot. 

Like I said, I'm glad that we didn't lay down.   We didn't 1,2,3, cancun...

The whole end of the RS you was swearing this team was gonna win. They lost in 5 to the Heat without Butler and Lowry. I don't know how anyone can stan in a moment like this.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Comparing Trae to real HOF's? lol 

Ok.

Miami is not a great team. They aren't the 80's Pistons at all.

It's not just that the Hawks lost, but Trae was terrible for most of the series... But it doesn't help when your best player is Mr. Thigh High with a supporting cast of softies.

If you showboat and can't back it up you will be mocked for it.

Again, Trae is not the main problem. Travis didn't give him that great of a supporting cast and that falls on management.

But, eh... What a mess.

There is zero reason to believe Schlenk can fix this. Almost nothing he has done has worked.

Hots.. you were the very first anti-fan that I have ever met and we didn't understand you 15 years ago... and we don't understand you now. 

However, 

You can mark this down... and take a picture.... frame it and save it on your Zip Drive or put it in the cloud. Barring injury...

Trae will be a HOFer.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He don't have the body, the strength, the stamina, or the lungs to be an off ball player. 

Part of that is relieving the offensive burden/ load of him having to create for himself and everyone else.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Part of that is relieving the offensive burden/ load of him having to create for himself and everyone else.

I like that part. 

What I don't want to see is us running Trae through picks.  I don't think he would fair well trying to do that because he's a set shot shooter. 

Because he's an offensive engine. That's what he suppose to do but even with that, Luka is a superior off ball player than Trae. He too is an engine. Jokic can do that and screen for his guards. Trae just don't provide no off ball movement or defense. His style of play is heliocentric af

• Premium Member

Ssshhhhhh....don't look..but they're arguing with each other :hmm:

They're not used to being on here so long...They don't know what to do.. it's freakin 11.. They're usually gone by 1030. 

Too Tired GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Because he's an offensive engine. That's what he suppose to do but even with that, Luka is a superior off ball player than Trae. He too is an engine. Jokic can do that and screen for his guards. Trae just don't provide no off ball movement or defense. His style of play is heliocentric af

I actually saw Trae setting screens a few times this series. It didn't work out great, but I feel like if he can bulk up and commit to the screens, he could get some open looks or at least free up his teammates.

9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Maybe so.

But the rise of the anti-fan really pisses off real fans.  no other way to say it.  We are thirsty for a championship in our city.. with our team.  As soon as we get a glimmer of hope with a young star doing shit that no other Hawk in Hawks history has done...  the Anti-fans come along after every loss and pisses on it.   They find fault at every corner as if there's a perfect player in the league?  I believe that most of them are guys that wanted Fat Luka.  Well, that f***ing ship has sailed.  If you want Fat Luka so bad, go to a Dallas fan board and you can hug his nuts over there. 

This.. on the night we were eliminated by the team that finished with the best record in the East who drew up a plan where they would guard our best player with 3 players and show us our flaws.. The anti-fans show up to... GLOAT???  Explain it to me.. how does that work?

It's not about gloating. These embarrassing playoff performances is what the franchise is known for.

There is no fun to be had in this. Zero.

• Premium Member
Just now, SalvorMallow said:

I actually saw Trae setting screens a few times this series. It didn't work out great, but I feel like if he can bulk up and commit to the screens, he could get some open looks or at least free up his teammates.

I saw that too.. and was like.. Trae.. what in the hell are you doing!!!????