• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at heat -- GAME 5

lethalweapon3

Hope this game carries into next season for Dre, still a fan of him and believe in his talent as a solid player in the long run. I hope next season Nate (if he's still the coach) gives him more opportunities in the pick and roll. Say what you want about Pierce but he utilized Hunter very well in the season he got fired imo. Instead of asking him to create from nothing, he was given screens or curls so he can use his big body to get down the lane to draw a foul or pull up

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I don't think we played this game without energy.   Not at all.   I think we played with very good energy, especially in the beginning and at the end.   Our defense actually scrambled. 

I just say that it was clear we were missing Clint, JC, Bogi... being 100%.. That's 3 starters. 

I applaud Clint and JC trying to go.  That's heart.  However, JC just didn't look good out there at all.   He was a shell of JC.  Call up smoove and see if he can slide you a bag of something. 

Hey the off-season has just begun.  Let's go to the drawing board and see if we can correct our flaws.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, Plainview1981 said:

It's not about gloating. These embarrassing playoff performances is what the franchise is known for.

There is no fun to be had in this. Zero.

If it's not about gloating why is it you only show up when we lose?

You're like this:

U Lose GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Hots.. you were the very first anti-fan that I have ever met and we didn't understand you 15 years ago... and we don't understand you now. 

However, 

You can mark this down... and take a picture.... frame it and save it on your Zip Drive or put it in the cloud. Barring injury...

Trae will be a HOFer.

It's easy to understand because this is a franchise that gets no respect and doesn't demand any. The average NBA fan thinks the Hawks are a joke and the team does what they can to reinforce that image. For the most part.

This is about the only Atlanta franchise left that hasn't accomplished anything.

As for Trae... He will have the stats for it I guess... Accomplishments? Eh..

Edited by Plainview1981

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Because he's an offensive engine. That's what he suppose to do but even with that, Luka is a superior off ball player than Trae. He too is an engine. Jokic can do that and screen for his guards. Trae just don't provide no off ball movement or defense. His style of play is heliocentric af

So what do you recommend we do? Or are we screwed? Gonna be difficult as fk to build a consistent winner around a player like that..

Edited by terrell

15 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Maybe so.

But the rise of the anti-fan really pisses off real fans.  no other way to say it.  We are thirsty for a championship in our city.. with our team.  As soon as we get a glimmer of hope with a young star doing shit that no other Hawk in Hawks history has done...  the Anti-fans come along after every loss and pisses on it.   They find fault at every corner as if there's a perfect player in the league?  I believe that most of them are guys that wanted Fat Luka.  Well, that f***ing ship has sailed.  If you want Fat Luka so bad, go to a Dallas fan board and you can hug his nuts over there. 

This.. on the night we were eliminated by the team that finished with the best record in the East who drew up a plan where they would guard our best player with 3 players and show us our flaws.. The anti-fans show up to... GLOAT???  Explain it to me.. how does that work?

I am just saying that the fan base is similar everywhere. Some people take the failure easier some not that easy. I just mentioned Jokic's case. Despite that the Nuggets are playing 2 on 5 every night  as Morris, Jeff Grren and Barton are not nba starters and that Jokic is carrying dbags on his back the entire season they blame him for everything. Hawks fans will be blaming on Trae every year until he brings the trophy to Atlanta. I think that's the weight that superstars carry on their backs lol

This game thread has been an experience for lack of a better word.  The agendas are agendaing.

You win some. You lose some. 

We got to regroup, get healthy, and learn from this.

Trae played bad this series.  Hope this motivates him to get better.  He was better during the regular season than last and had worse playoff performance.  Some of that was due to the Heat.  They never allowed him to get in a rhythm. 

Dre - That was so encouraging.  With a healthy off season, I hope to see that more consistently.  If he can be that with good defense, we'll be fine going forward. Not 35 pts, but just a 19 - 22 efficient scorer with solid rebounding and defense.

JC and CC were shells of themselves out there. 

Kevin has to get better at handling the ball and getting stronger.  He needs to work on attacking the rim over the summer.

Bogi - My gawd.  Take two months off to get that knee healthy.  When we traded for him some of the Sac fans said the knee was a concern.  If he's still here next year, a healthy Bogi will go a long way to get the Hawks a better record.

Delon - Bring him back Travis!!!

Gallo - That may have been his last game as a Hawk.

Nate - I'm not saying fire him, but he better have a better offensive and defensive scheme next year. 

JJ and Cooper - I hope they get a ton more playing time next season to see what we have in them.  They should dominate summer league.

Draft - If we don't use the picks to upgrade the roster, hopefully they'll draft Malaki Branham.  6'5" SG with 6'11 wingspan.  He's a great scorer and solid defender. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

The average NBA fan thinks the Hawks are a joke and the team does what they can to reinforce that image. For the most part.

See... that's just it.  You don't come here to be in agreement with the average NBA Fan.  It has taken you 15 years to learn that we think differently?  We are Hawks fans.  We are wired differently from those who ooh and ahhh over Lebron and the latest thing that the average NBA fan ooh and ahh about.   And many of us are ride or die... because the Hawks have meant something to us.  So don't tell me what the average NBA fan think about the Hawks... that's a cop out.

What Do you think about the Hawks??

the answer to that will tell us if you're one of us or not...  and if you're not one of us, then it's disrespectful for you to come here for 15 years and gloat over our failures. I would rather that you said nothing or you aligned yourself with the average NBA fan whereever they meet and not here. 

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

It's easy to understand because this is a franchise that gets no respect and doesn't demand any. The average NBA fan thinks the Hawks are a joke and the team does what they can to reinforce that image. For the most part.

This is about the only Atlanta franchise left that hasn't accomplished anything.

As for Trae... He will have the stats for it I guess... Accomplishments? Eh..

Hoping and praying this guy gets eliminated soon.. smh

I'm sure Travis will be watching.. 

download.jpg.50b16e21ed5c0faa516a1a8567460cf4.jpg

Edited by terrell

39 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

LMAO! No. I've been watching him since he was playing for MOKAN. He never could play off the ball. Even for Team USA, he was bad at it and was terrible. Y'all want Trae to be who y'all want him to be instead of who he is. 

No that’s not it. I’m just saying the man is asking to do play off ball more with his statements. Are we supposed to judge a kid on their past and expect that they can’t adapt or pick something up?

If Trae is open to the idea then hawks should be too. This has nothing to do with the fans I think Trae is trying to find a way to make himself better a long with team.

If it doesn’t work out fine but I don’t think you avoid developing a player at something they are capable of. I’m not trying to make Trae curry I just like that he’s open to the idea …and if he’s open to the idea this can’t hurt the team.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Why? Travis' guy was in a conference final last year.  

Thats why he probably wants him eliminated before then... lol

And nobody is thinking about The hawks last season run right now. Especially after that performance..

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member

Here's my offseason hopes...

I would like to see us

• Resign Delon
  • Snag Oladipo...
  • Trade for PG13.
  • if we can get Ayton do it.  (CC/OO) 
  • if we can do all that and keep this years pick..  MWill from Duke.

• Like 2

Just now, Diesel said:

See... that's just it.  You don't come here to be in agreement with the average NBA Fan.  It has taken you 15 years to learn that we think differently?  We are Hawks fans.  We are wired differently from those who ooh and ahhh over Lebron and the latest thing that the average NBA fan ooh and ahh about.   And many of us are ride or die... because the Hawks have meant something to us.  So don't tell me what the average NBA fan think about the Hawks... that's a cop out.

What Do you think about the Hawks??

the answer to that will tell us if you're one of us or not...  and if you're not one of us, then it's disrespectful for you to come here for 15 years and gloat over our failures. I would rather that you said nothing or you aligned yourself with the average NBA fan whereever they meet and not here. 

This is the least accomplished franchise in the city pretty much.

The Braves, Falcons and The Dream have all accomplished more.

I don't think this franchise has ever had a win whatever it takes mindset. You can only have so much confidence in a franchise like that.

I don't know why the Hawks always end up with incompetent leadership.

The franchise is never able to surround the team's best player with the right help. And this goes back to the Nique days.

Why? Incompetence.

I can't shake the feeling that this teams fate is to never even get to the finals. Anything less is a waste of time.