• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at heat -- GAME 5

lethalweapon3

51 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

The problem with that is the rest of the league doesn't have Bam to make that defense work like it did this series. There were quite a few people last off-season who argued with me about how massive a defensive impact Bam has. I hope those people have learned something since then. 

Due to being a true ball switching defender at center, he is the true best defensive 5 in the game. People don't know basketball if they compare Nobert and Bam and come to the conclusion Goberrated is better.

I just hope OO continues to grow and can eventually reach anything close to that level. 

Gobert is way better than Bam defensively. They don't have anywhere near the same personnel around them.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

The problem with that is the rest of the league doesn't have Bam to make that defense work like it did this series. There were quite a few people last off-season who argued with me about how massive a defensive impact Bam has. I hope those people have learned something since then. 

Due to being a true ball switching defender at center, he is the true best defensive 5 in the game. People don't know basketball if they compare Nobert and Bam and come to the conclusion Goberrated is better.

I just hope OO continues to grow and can eventually reach anything close to that level. 

There are maybe 3 bigs in the league that can muster up that kind of defensive force against us...

Bam, Siakim, and maybe Jaren Jackson Jr. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Anyone who didn't notice that we are a very different team without a healthy JC, CC, and Bogi is just Blind...  That's three starters. You match the loss of our three starters to the loss of their two starters it's evident that we missed our guys a lot more.   Here you go...

Our Second Highest rebounder for the series was TRAE YOUNG.  Trae had 2 less rebounds than OO....  Usually that would be applause worthy... but today it's pathetic.   Because it shows how badly we missed our bigs.   How in the hell can anybody watch our team get outrebounded by +15 and +20 in a game and say..  "injuries had not effect on the Hawks"???  Are THEY BLIND???  That's 15 and 20 more possessions my friend.  If you don't understand this basic premise, then your basketball understanding is novice level. 

They are better than we are. JC was available, he played like crap. Trae played like crap. We played like crap. Stop looking for excuses and own up to the fact you were  wrong about this team. This team isn't that great, we just aren't. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Player development??  Nate is still trying to undo some of the bad habit developed under LP.  Those habit were on full display in the 1st quarter when the Hawks refuse to go to the rim to get paint points or fouls

You forget that it was LP who had the 4 pt line in practice for deep 3 point shots.

LP's system promotes anyone who was open, could take a 3. Even Bruno was taking open 3s in LP's system.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, terrell said:

The showboating is why people hate him so much....Hawks fans act like they dont know this.. He's confrontational with the fans.. It comes with the territory.. Hes getting dragged on Social media.. I usually take up for him elsewhere... But I speak my mind on here.. lol..

He's been experiencing this type of hate since high school. This just didn't start happening when he entered the NBA.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

There are maybe 3 bigs in the league that can muster up that kind of defensive force against us...

Bam, Siakim, and maybe Jaren Jackson Jr. 

Eggxactly. And while I love Siakam, I'm not sure I would even put him in that category. He's amazing as a 4 and small ball 5, but he doesn't really have the thickness and strength like Bam, or even JJJ. 

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

My final thoughts on our short playoff run:

1. To use a line from my favorite movie The Shawshank Redemption: "Trae upped and vanished like a fart in the wind"  in this series. However, like he said sometimes you need to go through stuff to become better. (Credit Miami defense)

2. Clint, JC, Bogi - heal up. Their absences were too much to overcome.

3. Hunter - he got better as the series went on. 

4. Huerter - just wasn't impactful enough

5. OO - improved as the series progressed

6. Delon - our most consistent player.

Delon is a keeper. We can all agree on that one now, right? Also we need another PG regardless, the fact we couldn't figure out how to inbound the ball and cross half court with a full court press is mind boggling. Honestly I feel we got away with at least two eight second calls in the second half last night. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

They are better than we are. JC was available, he played like crap. Trae played like crap. We played like crap. Stop looking for excuses and own up to the fact you were  wrong about this team. This team isn't that great, we just aren't. 

I don't think the Hawks win if healthy but JC was barely able to jump and completely incapable of catching a lob so he might as well have not played. Bogi was clearly ailing in game 4 and missed game 5. Clint gave it a go but was barely able to give us 8 good minutes a game. Trae completely looked different after he hurt his foot in Gabe Vincent second quarter of game 4.

I don't think any of this excuses our performance overall but it was definitely a big issue. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

I don't think the Hawks win if healthy but JC was barely able to jump and completely incapable of catching a lob so he might as well have not played. Bogi was clearly ailing in game 4 and missed game 5. Clint gave it a go but was barely able to give us 8 good minutes a game. Trae completely looked different after he hurt his foot in Gabe Vincent second quarter of game 4.

I don't think any of this excuses our performance overall but it was definitely a big issue. 

Heat had no Lowry or Butler last night. They essentially beat us with their bench. Their leading scorer was a guy who basically hadn't played all year. There's no way to sugarcoat this. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Heat had no Lowry or Butler last night. They essentially beat us with their bench. Their leading scorer was a guy who basically hadn't played all year. There's no way to sugarcoat this. 

The Heat played terribly in game 5 and we should have won, but the Hawks were the walking wounded this series. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Sothron said:

I'm out on Simmons. This isn't funny and I hate that people are like Stephen A. Smith are clowning this man. He has legit mental issues. This had nothing to do with Philly. He really does need mental help to overcome his issues to get back to playing basketball. 

I want nothing to do with him because he is truly checked out on basketball. It isn't his fault and I don't blame him. But we would be insane to TRADE for a player going through this.

Nah, if the price is low enough we should. The thing with mental health is, it can improve. I know it can get worst, but generally if he is getting the help he needs he can work through it. If he comes to Atlanta, he would not get nearly as much scrutiny as the north east teams. I really wish the young man all the best though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He's been experiencing this type of hate since high school. This just didn't start happening when he entered the NBA.

He was showboating back then.. lol

Just dropped my son off at school and according to John and Hugh, Nate sounds like he wants to bring in another PG next season and move Trae to the 2(off ball)?(Good luck with that) They both agreed with this move..

I guess Nate is tired of ourTraecentric offense...

They both want 2 or 3 new starters...

They also recommended sending JC to the bench(which is hilarious considering his salary.. Just trade the guy for crying out loud)

Trade Huerter and the "Euros"

And only trade Hunter and CC if you have to (to get the player you want)..

They basically said everyone except Trae should be on the table..(I was shocked since JC and Kev are such Atl media darlings)

They also said Nate should be on the hot seat at the start of next season.

He got swept by Miami and Spoelstra while he was in Indiana, and still didnt have us prepared..

Good job Atl media.

Hold this team accountable for once.. I hope Travis and Ressler were  listening..

Please dont "run it back" again with the "injuries" excuse..

7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It was a response to the hate.

Well players respond differently I guess.. Plenty of players get hate by opposing crowds..

Trae takes that shit to the next level... lol

Edited by terrell