• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at heat -- GAME 5

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, HawkingAwesome said:

that's a lot

Well, I dont see LAC parting with PG13 yet.. They have money to burn.   But everything else could be possible.

You know the funny thing...we talking about matches for Trae...

One of the best matches for Trae is still Ben Simmons. 

Brooklyn would give him to us for a can of Fart Spray and actual elbow grease if they could. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

we may have a chance at simmons actually although he is quickly "not playing" his way out the nba.  but id def take him for some fart sprays

Fart Spray.... yeah.  Actual important players.  Nah.   We broke him real good.  He's too fragile. And he does have something legitimate with his back...  Nah.. I can see him sitting out with a hangnail or something.

• Premium Member

Y'all need to forget about this Simmons guy, we broke him. Think he wants to play for the team that did this to him:

During Monday's meeting with the Brooklyn Nets, Ben Simmons told those in the room that a mental block exists for him to return to the court, which is also creating stress that could be a trigger point for his back issues.

Simmons indicated that the mental block, at least in part, dates back to the 2021 playoffs.

Simmons added that he does want to continue his basketball career and play for the Nets as he also works on solutions for his well-being.

Hope he gets the help he needs.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Y'all need to forget about this Simmons guy, we broke him. Think he wants to play for the team that did this to him:

lort have mercy, send him back to Aussie to hang with the rugby guys and that walzing matilda bitch, I havent heard of anything like this from a vet pro athlete before, im sure its happened but damn shame

Edited by hylndr11

18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We just gotta build around him. We aren't screwed. We ran into a terrible matchup for us but like when Miami got swept, we gotta make additions. They got Tucker, Lowry, and Butler got his health together. We need to have faith but we need not be blind either.

Next season , we will have the 2nd highest cap hit…..it got us what??? Barely the 8 seed.....

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, marco102 said:

This game thread has been an experience for lack of a better word.  The agendas are agendaing.

You win some. You lose some. 

We got to regroup, get healthy, and learn from this.

Trae played bad this series.  Hope this motivates him to get better.  He was better during the regular season than last and had worse playoff performance.  Some of that was due to the Heat.  They never allowed him to get in a rhythm. 

Dre - That was so encouraging.  With a healthy off season, I hope to see that more consistently.  If he can be that with good defense, we'll be fine going forward. Not 35 pts, but just a 19 - 22 efficient scorer with solid rebounding and defense.

JC and CC were shells of themselves out there. 

Kevin has to get better at handling the ball and getting stronger.  He needs to work on attacking the rim over the summer.

Bogi - My gawd.  Take two months off to get that knee healthy.  When we traded for him some of the Sac fans said the knee was a concern.  If he's still here next year, a healthy Bogi will go a long way to get the Hawks a better record.

Delon - Bring him back Travis!!!

Gallo - That may have been his last game as a Hawk.

Nate - I'm not saying fire him, but he better have a better offensive and defensive scheme next year. 

JJ and Cooper - I hope they get a ton more playing time next season to see what we have in them.  They should dominate summer league.

Draft - If we don't use the picks to upgrade the roster, hopefully they'll draft Malaki Branham.  6'5" SG with 6'11 wingspan.  He's a great scorer and solid defender. 

We might as well trade our draft picks if Nate is still gonna be here..

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

He don't have the body, the strength, the stamina, or the lungs to be an off ball player. 

What he need to get better at is sharing the load and being smarter and more of a Point gawd like CP3 is. Spamming shit just gets downloaded. He got lucky with last year's playoffs. Teams had weak benches and always had one player we could hide Trae on. Miami didn't and we got gaped.

Trae was the MVP for the Heat...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member

I'm out on Simmons. This isn't funny and I hate that people are like Stephen A. Smith are clowning this man. He has legit mental issues. This had nothing to do with Philly. He really does need mental help to overcome his issues to get back to playing basketball. 

I want nothing to do with him because he is truly checked out on basketball. It isn't his fault and I don't blame him. But we would be insane to TRADE for a player going through this.

• Like 4

Watched that final play again..

Why didn't Gallo at least force a shot up?

That is low basketball IQ. Seriously. You have 4 seconds!!!

At least attempt it. Maybe they call a foul if your're lucky.. smh

• Like 2

I think we got ahead of ourselves with the ECF run last year. Let's take a step back and regroup.  We know we need to bring in some better players who can both score and play D. We also have to become more physical and stop taking a beating from team like Miami. Jimmy Butler thinks he can punk everyone on our team. We can't put up with that any longer ! It has to stop right here.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Well, I dont see LAC parting with PG13 yet.. They have money to burn.   But everything else could be possible.

You know the funny thing...we talking about matches for Trae...

One of the best matches for Trae is still Ben Simmons. 

Brooklyn would give him to us for a can of Fart Spray and actual elbow grease if they could. 

at this point i just hope ben simmons can make a lay up in the playoffs 

45 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We just gotta build around him. We aren't screwed. We ran into a terrible matchup for us but like when Miami got swept, we gotta make additions. They got Tucker, Lowry, and Butler got his health together. We need to have faith but we need not be blind either.

I think heat playing the box 1 trapping defense consistently against us is a new blueprint throughout the whole nba on how to stop Trae young. I get it’s a bad matchup but this defensive strategy is going to follow Trae and these hawks until they prove they can beat it consistently.

With that said in terms of “not be blind”…there is really only one way to beat this type of defense or prevent teams from using it against us and that’s either having multiple players who have ball handling skills and can make something happen off the dribble either scoring or passing OR having another player on the team who can consistently go and get his own shot aka another star talent.

You can’t beat this box 1 trapping defense with TRAE and just have shooters around him. With Trae you literally need another star or atleast 2-3 real ball handlers not a Bogi or Huerter who we consistently say are secondary ball handlers cause they aren’t. We need real ball handlers who can break down their opponent if Trae is trapped like that !

….which one is schlenk going to opt for because I am almost certain that teams took note of how the heat slowed down Ice Trae just like teams took note of how Toronto slowed down Giannis with the wall up defense and teams started using that.

I just hope no one expects other teams to not try this on us cause I’m certain they will. It was a bad matchup but a blueprint was created within this bad matchup.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hylndr11 said:

we may have a chance at simmons actually although he is quickly "not playing" his way out the nba.  but id def take him for some fart sprays

Shiiiiiddddd….I don’t know about that!

how bad is the fart spray?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, JTB said:

I think heat playing the box 1 trapping defense consistently against us is a new blueprint throughout the whole nba on how to stop Trae young. I get it’s a bad matchup but this defensive strategy is going to follow Trae and these hawks until they prove they can beat it consistently.

With that said in terms of “not be blind”…there is really only one way to beat this type of defense or prevent teams from using it against us and that’s either having multiple players who have ball handling skills and can make something happen off the dribble either scoring or passing OR having another player on the team who can consistently go and get his own shot aka another star talent.

You can’t beat this box 1 trapping defense with TRAE and just have shooters around him. With Trae you literally need another star or atleast 2-3 real ball handlers not a Bogi or Huerter who we consistently say are secondary ball handlers cause they aren’t. We need real ball handlers who can break down their opponent if Trae is trapped like that !

….which one is schlenk going to opt for because I am almost certain that teams took note of how the heat slowed down Ice Trae just like teams took note of how Toronto slowed down Giannis with the wall up defense and teams started using that.

I just hope no one expects other teams to not try this on us cause I’m certain they will. It was a bad matchup but a blueprint was created within this bad matchup.

The problem with that is the rest of the league doesn't have Bam to make that defense work like it did this series. There were quite a few people last off-season who argued with me about how massive a defensive impact Bam has. I hope those people have learned something since then. 

Due to being a true ball switching defender at center, he is the true best defensive 5 in the game. People don't know basketball if they compare Nobert and Bam and come to the conclusion Goberrated is better.

I just hope OO continues to grow and can eventually reach anything close to that level. 

• Like 2