• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at heat -- GAME 5

lethalweapon3

14 minutes ago, JTB said:

I think you’re being unfair. If Trae believes in himself within the right system then it shouldn’t be ignored. Put the right system in place and let’s see what happens…you have to give this kid a true chance . 

traes dad has been saying he’s good off ball for the longest despite what we may think. 

It’s probably going to be a learning curve but if Trae is willing to accept playing off ball I don’t think you ignore that in the front office. Let’s grow his skill set.

LMAO! No. I've been watching him since he was playing for MOKAN. He never could play off the ball. Even for Team USA, he was bad at it and was terrible. Y'all want Trae to be who y'all want him to be instead of who he is. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I’m not really sold on Trae off ball… his vision and passing is elite… we need better options and responses to how teams guard him but imo he needs the ball in his hands as much as possible

Trae will be worn out by midseason running around like Steph out there.. He already looked gassed at times this year..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

LOL!  This didn't age well! LOL

Dude we lost.. Who the f cares?

Your Dre love affair is funny..

I just hope he can make it throught the summer without an injury.

He has 1 more season to prove his worth..

Btw, you Looking for old comments now?

You want me to show you some of yours?

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
Just now, terrell said:

Dude we lost.. Who the f cares?

Your Dre love affair is funny..

Looking for old comments now?

You want me to show you some of yours?

You seem to talk a lot of trash the entire game but when called out about it, you get upset.

• Premium Member

If we were going to lose... This is a good way to have gone out.

1.  Fighting our way to the 8th seed by taking out two good teams. 

2.   Trae being challenged.... Hard. 

3.   Dre getting confidence playing in the elimination game like a helluva pro. 

4.  us playing the 1 seed strong even though overmatched. 

I'm glad that we didn't lay down.   We fought back in this elimination game.   I think our guys got some stuff in their craw that will make them work hard.   I think we came into this season Cocky.  That won't happen next season.   Tomorrow, Trae will get drug through the media and social media.  Cool.. he Works hard.   I think he will come back better. 

Every player got some things that they can improve on.

Travis has to take a good hard look and do some soul searching and figure out what will make us better. 

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger...

Whatever Doesn't Kill Me Just Makes Me Stronger on Make a GIF

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

You seem to talk a lot of trash the entire game but when called out about it, you get upset.

Dude Im happy for Dre.. Ive been waiting to see this from him...But lets see if it carries over to next season before you start crowning the guy..

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

LMAO! No. I've been watching him since he was playing for MOKAN. He never could play off the ball. Even for Team USA, he was bad at it and was terrible. Y'all want Trae to be who y'all want him to be instead of who he is. 

I agree with you. Trae is not a competent off ball player. But the greats always add new dimensions to their game. A lot of us feel like this is the next step for Trae, but it's up to Trae to want it. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

If we were going to lose... This is a good way to have gone out.

1.  Fighting our way to the 8th seed by taking out two good teams. 

2.   Trae being challenged.... Hard. 

3.   Dre getting confidence playing in the elimination game like a helluva pro. 

4.  us playing the 1 seed strong even though overmatched. 

I'm glad that we didn't lay down.   We fought back in this elimination game.   I think our guys got some stuff in their craw that will make them work hard.   I think we came into this season Cocky.  That won't happen next season.   Tomorrow, Trae will get drug through the media and social media.  Cool.. he Works hard.   I think he will come back better. 

Every player got some things that they can improve on.

Travis has to take a good hard look and do some soul searching and figure out what will make us better. 

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger...

Whatever Doesn't Kill Me Just Makes Me Stronger on Make a GIF

I can see where you're coming from on the first 3. The last one....Don't know if I'd call our performance playing them "Strong" when we couldn't even beat them with 2 starters out.

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Saying I thought Dre would come back to earth isnt even a shot at DRe.. Its what I expect from him..And most of our players.. Theyre sometimey players..

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
Just now, terrell said:

Dude Im happy for Dre.. Ive been waiting to see this from him...But lets see if it carries over to next season before you start crowning the guy..

No you're not because you don't even believe in the guy but that ok.  There are all types of fans.

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Now that this crapfest of a season is over, can we talk about the 🐘 in the room?!?!

I blame this season on which ever morons decided to fire Ryan Cameron and not have Renee on every night. The season was doomed from the beginning. SMH

Booooooooooooo....we want Ryan and Renee!!!

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

I can see where you're coming from on the first 3. The last one....Don't know if I'd call our performance playing them "Strong" when we couldn't even beat them with 2 starters out.

And how many starters did we have out? Capella and JC are out there playing with injuries that would keep them out for weeks. I think there is a lot to criticize this series specifically with Trae Young and the way Nate coached, but how did Miami play today without two of their key guys? Not too well. We've been playing with key guys out or extremely diminished all series long. We can't just gloss over that fact.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

No you're not because you don't even believe in the guy but that ok.  There are all types of fans.

Oh so now you can read my mind? Dude stop 

Like I dont want to see Hawks players succeed.. lol