• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at heat -- GAME 5

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

I get it, but you are essentially admitting he played terribly all season. Why should we be Staning for Hunter when he's playing like trash? I love Hunter's potential but I want to see it on the court.

Because unlike you, I knew he was trying get his rhythm back.  In addition to that, The Hawks were something like 27-17 with Dre in the starting line up this season.

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Trae said he is a good off-ball player, LMAO! This boy really think flares is all there is to off ball movement. 

I think you’re being unfair. If Trae believes in himself within the right system then it shouldn’t be ignored. Put the right system in place and let’s see what happens…you have to give this kid a true chance . 

traes dad has been saying he’s good off ball for the longest despite what we may think. 

It’s probably going to be a learning curve but if Trae is willing to accept playing off ball I don’t think you ignore that in the front office. Let’s grow his skill set.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I don't like the way we played Trae off the ball.  It doesn't work as well. We need some real plays drawn up if that's what we plan to do.. But Trae is not an off the screen shooter so why do that?

• Thanks 1

Trade Huerter and our pick to OKC for SGA

Trade Collins and Knicks pick to Det for Grant.

Or to Toronto for Siakim.

Start with that..

Trae/Delon/Rife

SGA/Bogi/Delon

Hunter/Solo?

Siakim/JJ

OO/CC

Edited by terrell

28 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Comeon FB..

Gimpy CC - wasn't himself. 

Gimpy JC  - Had absolutely no lift. 

Young OO - easily moved out of position. 

Where do you think our rebounding is coming from??

This was a season long problem. Not the first time I said this. Regardless you  always have to bring energy especially in the playoffs. Every team is fighting thru injuries. Hell the Heat played without Butler and Lowry . Hopefully we will regroup and come back stronger. 

• Like 1

This series ends the argument that Trae is a superstar. Dude shouldn't showboat anymore.

I doubt this drubbing will humble him any though.

But again, the main issue is the people at the top. Until ownership and management is good there will be failures.

Last year was a fluke.

They ran into a tough team this time and they got punched in the mouth.

This is more what this team is than last year because this is not a team built for playoff toughness.

Edited by Plainview1981
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, terrell said:

Trae blaming Bogi being out.. smh.. Heat were missing guys too...  Just stop talking.. Trae AND Nate...

The interview I listened to he only mentioned Bogi being out in relationship to Hunter stepping up amd filling the void.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Nate never takes any blame. He never says"I gotta do better making Trae successful off the ball." or "It's on me to get my guys to come out with more fire"

Instead he says "Trae will get better off the ball".

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

This was a season long problem. Not the first time I said this. Regardless you  always have to bring energy especially in the playoffs. Every team is fighting thru injuries. Hell the Heat played without Butler and Lowry . Hopefully we will regroup and come back stronger. 

I don't think we played this game without energy.   Not at all.   I think we played with very good energy, especially in the beginning and at the end.   Our defense actually scrambled. 

I just say that it was clear we were missing Clint, JC, Bogi... being 100%.. That's 3 starters. 

I applaud Clint and JC trying to go.  That's heart.  However, JC just didn't look good out there at all.   He was a shell of JC.  Call up smoove and see if he can slide you a bag of something. 

6 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

This series ends the argument that Trae is a superstar. Dude shouldn't showboat anymore.

I doubt this drubbing will humble him any.

But again, the main issue is the people at the top. Until ownership and management is good there will be failures.

Last year was a fluke.

They ran into a tough team this time and they got punched in the mouth.

The showboating is why people hate him so much....Hawks fans act like they dont know this.. He's confrontational with the fans.. It comes with the territory.. Hes getting dragged on Social media.. I usually take up for him elsewhere... But I speak my mind on here.. lol..