• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at heat -- GAME 5

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

LOL!  Y'all just don't quit do you!  LOL!  Trae was so good that he was setting up Dre even when he was on the bence

nobody said that.

Your mancrush for Dre is showing.  or is it just a crush?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Disappointing last play call in a very dissapointing season. Bye Nate.

Series reminded me of the Woody years in the playoffs. I know we didn't have a shot this series with Nate. Spo could of beat us this series with an All G-League squad.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member

Didn't do us any favors that we had to inbound from the corner with 5 seconds left. Not a lot of good options there. Of course doesn't excuse the asinine out of play call, but there's not a lot of stuff you can draw up to get a good shot in that situation needing a three to tie. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Refs beat the Hawks tonight. I seriously can't believe how badly biased they were in this game. Fouling out Hunter on a flop so obvious a blind man could see it takes the cake.

It's not refs. It's a clown that didn't challenge it

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, GameTime said:

Series reminded me of the Woody years in the playoffs. I know we didn't have a shot this series with Nate. Spo could of beat us this series with an All G-League squad.

Yea, Heat went on runs after every timeout. Spo was one step ahead of Nate all series long. I think the whole team gave up after the third quarter last game. No faith in the gameplan. 

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
Just now, Atlantaholic said:

Didn't do us any favors that we had to inbound from the corner with 5 seconds left. Not a lot of good options there. Of course doesn't excuse the asinine out of play call, but there's not a lot of stuff you can draw up to get a good shot in that situation needing a three to tie. 

with TWO chances? There was no action again. Was Gallo just supposed to hoist a three in the corner? I don't even understand what the play was supposed to be.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

He’s so young. It’s like if Isiah Thomas had gone all the way in 85. No way, you need to get knocked down. What’s Jimmy Butler in his 11th year, Trae, Hunter, Okongwu, Huerter, JC, we young. 

We will be back no snap decisions.

We still need to improve the roster though.   

We needed more  ball handling.

We need to find a way to keep Delon. 

Between Kev and Bogi, neither of them is great at defense and ball handling.  

We missed Bogi tonight .

Want to see JC when he's back healthy.   Bogi too.   Clint too. 

• Like 1

For the longest time, I said the fix was to get another scorer next to Trae.  Its more than that.  Nate has to go and Travis has to hire a head coach that isn't forced to defer to Trae and runs a offense with ball movement.  Thats the START. The next move is to get some defenders in there.  The one thing that is consistent in these playoffs is the teams that can defend are gonna be there at the end.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Such a masterclass of defensive scheming and coaching by Spo.  From the zones to the presses, double teams, stunts, playing small lineups, full-court pressing, mix in some box-and-one zone... completely outcoached so unbelievably hard it made the series hard to watch at times.  We averaged 114 in the RS and 98 in that series, oof.  I'm not even convinced we are THAT desperate for a secondary ball handler.  I think we just need an offensive system.  We run a garbage motionless offense.  PnR kept us afloat for the past 2 years but we need something else.

Easy to do when you see our lack of ball handlers. 

Having Lou would have helped because we could have spelled Trae and have somebody who can bring the ball up.   Delon is one of my favorite Hawks but he's more OG than PG. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Honestly, he normally smokes dudes like that but he looks washed and he's only 23. 

Are u saying u don't think is a little injured ?  It looked like he banged knees with what's his face in Sunday , I don't know I hope we find out and that it's not mental or just somehow completely shutdown 

• Like 1