• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at heat -- GAME 5

lethalweapon3

Hawks want to run around shooting jumpers and floaters.. They forgot defense and rebounding is as  big a part of winning as shooting pretty step back jumpers from the three point line. Defense and physicality is about heart and want to. Everybody don't have the heart to put there nose in there.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Didn't do us any favors that we had to inbound from the corner with 5 seconds left. Not a lot of good options there. Of course doesn't excuse the asinine out of play call, but there's not a lot of stuff you can draw up to get a good shot in that situation needing a three to tie. 

The placement was terrible but honestly, Gallo should have just gone up with a shot.   They way they were hugging him, it would had to be a foul. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

Trae Westbrick being awful didn't surprise me at all

Please kill the Heliocentric BS offense next season

And I hope Dre takes the leap into being a consistent baller. Thank you Miami Heat for punking Mice Cube and forcing Dre to takeover. That was beautiful to see

Maybe this series is a blessing in disguise..  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
Just now, Diesel said:

Easy to do when you see our lack of ball handlers. 

Having Lou would have helped because we could have spelled Trae and have somebody who can bring the ball up.   Delon is one of my favorite Hawks but he's more OG than PG. 

Should we have given Skylar some run? It felt like there were no adjustments at all this series. In an elimination game, most coaches get really creative. Nate stood on the sidelines with his arms crossed, using his stop watch to make subs. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I've never seen fans hate their star player so much.  ( outside of Knicks fans ).  I take that back.  Joe Johnson was hated like this by some, at the end of his Hawk run.

Talked ish about Trae all season, even when he was balling.

He had an absolutely HORRIBLE playoff series.  No Hawk fan or Trae fan will deny this.  He got punked and the Heat took his confidence.

But Trae is the only star player in Atlanta history who can even say that he's won a ECF playoff game, and he gets shit on like he's the worst player on Earth.

I need the kid to get in the weight room heavily, and never allow a team to do this to him ever again.  Get stronger, so you can drive to the hole and take those hits.

As for the rest of you . . . keep rooting for him to fail.  

Nobody is rooting for him to fail...I'm just tired of all the blame shifting and obviously so was Dre tonight

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I've never seen fans hate their star player so much.  ( outside of Knicks fans ).  I take that back.  Joe Johnson was hated like this by some, at the end of his Hawk run.

Talked ish about Trae all season, even when he was balling.

He had an absolutely HORRIBLE playoff series.  No Hawk fan or Trae fan will deny this.  He got punked and the Heat took his confidence.

But Trae is the only star player in Atlanta history who can even say that he's won a ECF playoff game, and he gets shit on like he's the worst player on Earth.

I need the kid to get in the weight room heavily, and never allow a team to do this to him ever again.  Get stronger, so you can drive to the hole and take those hits.

As for the rest of you . . . keep rooting for him to fail.  

Bruh u got to be kidding, u got to an acct at TAtf.  No player will be hated more than Ryan in this town 

Edited by hylndr11

• Premium Member
Just now, FL_BRYANT said:

Hawks want to run around shooting jumpers and floaters.. They forgot defense and rebounding is as  big a part of winning as shooting pretty step back jumpers from the three point line. Defense and physicality is about heart and want to. Everybody don't have the heart to put there nose in there.

Comeon FB..

Gimpy CC - wasn't himself. 

Gimpy JC  - Had absolutely no lift. 

Young OO - easily moved out of position. 

Where do you think our rebounding is coming from??

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Series reminded me of the Woody years in the playoffs. I know we didn't have a shot this series with Nate. Spo could of beat us this series with an All G-League squad.

Yeah, Woody could draw up an ATO play...We'd never even get the shot attempts off. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, SalvorMallow said:

Should we have given Skylar some run? It felt like there were no adjustments at all this series. In an elimination game, most coaches get really creative. Nate stood on the sidelines with his arms crossed, using his stop watch to make subs. 

I would have liked to seen that too.  That's a Nate mistake.   All year long, we should have Skylar playing some when it matters.   I think he's good enough to be something with us. 

• Like 3

Just now, Sothron said:

I'm trying not to respond emotionally about this but Nate has to go. The refusal to play JJ all season, the lack of any offense outside spamming 1/5 lob and that out of bounds play is too much. 

On the player level we have to trade for a star.

agreed with the above

Kevin Huerter is softer than air too

• Like 3