• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Lakers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

This true.

I'm getting tired of seeing "Another day, another opportunity 100" on twitter. Maybe it's about time to start seizing said opportunities???

The Blind leading the Blind. 

What makes you and Terrell so wrong is that you believe that if you have Talent then you should automatically win.   NO.  There's no automatic winning.   All conditions must be right.  That's why we lost tonight.   The coaching was wrong.   The defense was missing.   The communication was lousy.   That's not going to win.   Moreover, this is not a 1 player league.   No 1 player can force wins if the conditions aren't right.   Fuget what you saw from Luka.  Even though he had a great game against the Knicks, the conditions were right.    And the Knicks played their part too.   I said in the other post that Kobe disagrees because after Shaq left, the Lakers went 34-48 with Kobe playing in every game averaging 27/6/6.  Yeah bad coaching plus bad costars. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, nathan2331 said:

It would be hard to trade Hunter and improve this team at the same time. Hopefully some other wing becomes disgruntled soon.

Look, if we have somebody who can get on the court and play defense, it's better than having Hunter in street clothes. 

The game that Hunter got hurt... He finished and didn't look hurt.   He didn't look hurt going to the Lockerroom.  I'm surprised his still out.   Low pain threshold. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

FWIW we are now:

2-7 without Capela

1-8 without Hunter

Our two best defensive players have missed about a third of the season so far with no signs of coming back. 

If they continue to miss this many games at this rate let alone more games missed from Trae, DJM and JC we are going to be in the lottery.

That's sad.. When we supposedly have a "superstar" an "all star" and a "fringe allstar" ...................... Been telling yall CC is the real MVP of this team.. Even during our playoff run.. 

Edited by terrell
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

The ball movement is bad because the coach insists everything is ran through Trae or Dejounte. We've got Jalen who's got potential as a playmaker but we do nothing with him. Bogi and Griffin barely even bring the ball up when Trae's in the game. It's clear the strategy is to lean on Trae and Dejounte to facilitate most of our offense and it's too predictable. We could do more on offense, but coaching won't open things up, I suppose out of fear of more turnovers. We've got enough shooting on the team outside of the 4 spot. If John and Jalen can at least become average with the open looks they get, we don't have a major spacing issue. And they can turn it around, that's not a permanent flaw in the roster. But so long as McMillan remains stuck in his ways, we we'll keep struggling.

TBH, we scored quite a lot in the last few games. I think the offense is ok except for the couple ISO possessions which end in points for the opponent more often than not.

Our defense need to improve a lot to be considered TERRIBLE, and IMHO that's our main problem not named McMillan to solve.

7 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

The ball movement is bad because the coach insists everything is ran through Trae or Dejounte. We've got Jalen who's got potential as a playmaker but we do nothing with him. Bogi and Griffin barely even bring the ball up when Trae's in the game. It's clear the strategy is to lean on Trae and Dejounte to facilitate most of our offense and it's too predictable. We could do more on offense, but coaching won't open things up, I suppose out of fear of more turnovers. We've got enough shooting on the team outside of the 4 spot. If John and Jalen can at least become average with the open looks they get, we don't have a major spacing issue. And they can turn it around, that's not a permanent flaw in the roster. But so long as McMillan remains stuck in his ways, we we'll keep struggling.

Do you really want to run ish through JJ who's always looking unsure if not in transition?

I don't mind running the show between Trae and Murray. I just wish Trae would move off the damn ball during the flow of the game.

This offense is trash and worse than before. The PDS guys were horrible defenders but at least the offense made some type of sense as spammy as it was. Today's offense wasn't even spammy

• Like 2

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Sothron said:

FWIW we are now:

2-7 without Capela

1-8 without Hunter

Our two best defensive players have missed about a third of the season so far with no signs of coming back. 

If they continue to miss this many games at this rate let alone more games missed from Trae, DJM and JC we are going to be in the lottery.

I’m convinced the front office has already made the decision to tank this season and start fresh next season with a new coach and potentially a roster upgrade/change

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Do you really want to run ish through JJ who's always looking unsure if not in transition?

I don't mind running the show between Trae and Murray. I just wish Trae would move off the damn ball during the flow of the game.

This offense is trash and worse than before. The PDS guys were horrible defenders but at least the offense made some type of sense as spammy as it was. Today's offense wasn't even spammy

Nate really had us running double toss sweeps into holding the ball for an iso

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

I’m convinced the front office has already made the decision to tank this season and start fresh next season with a new coach and potentially a roster upgrade/change

They could fire Schlenk as well while they're at it. I wouldn't  mind it at all.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The Blind leading the Blind. 

What makes you and Terrell so wrong is that you believe that if you have Talent then you should automatically win.   NO.  There's no automatic winning.   All conditions must be right.  That's why we lost tonight.   The coaching was wrong.   The defense was missing.   The communication was lousy.   That's not going to win.   Moreover, this is not a 1 player league.   No 1 player can force wins if the conditions aren't right.   Fuget what you saw from Luka.  Even though he had a great game against the Knicks, the conditions were right.    And the Knicks played their part too.   I said in the other post that Kobe disagrees because after Shaq left, the Lakers went 34-48 with Kobe playing in every game averaging 27/6/6.  Yeah bad coaching plus bad costars. 

Do we need Trae to win? Demonstrably, NO. Do we need Capela to have a chance to win? Almost certainly.

Just now, BrazilianHawk said:

They could fire Schlenk as well while they're at it. I wouldn't  mind it at all.

I think he's gone at the end of the year..

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Honestly, I want Wembanyama. We need him, bad. 

And I want Jalen Carter on the Falcons. lol

But you know theyll win one of the last 2 meaningless games like they always do.. smh

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, terrell said:

That's sad.. When we supposedly have a "superstar" an "all star" and a "fringe allstar" ...................... Been telling yall CC is the real MVP of this team.. Even during our playoff run.. 

He's the second most important player on this team and it isn't close. If we trade Clint we got to get a great defensive center back in a trade (looking at offseason).

• Like 1