• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Lakers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

This isn't what we're disagreeing on lol we both agree he's shooting like ass and has lower touches.  We disagree on the cause / effect.  I think he's getting lower touches because his shot is fundamentally broken, and you think his shot is off because of lower touches.  Either way, he needs to be traded.

I don't agree. A lot of JC's touches wasn't even scoring touches, it was just passing it to JC and getting it back if you Trae. He don't even get those anymore. He's not included in the flow of the game anymore. It's obvious. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, nathan2331 said:

This team fits well enough, they need to actually play cohesively though. We're not getting the best out of anybody with this heliocentric offense. When the offense is clicking, maybe our guards will decide not to be traffic cones on defense.

We scored 121 points.

The offense was not the biggest issue tonight.

In the last 3 quarters, the Lakers scored 39 - 36 - and 32 points.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nathan2331 said:

The ball movement is bad because the coach insists everything is ran through Trae or Dejounte. We've got Jalen who's got potential as a playmaker but we do nothing with him. Bogi and Griffin barely even bring the ball up when Trae's in the game. It's clear the strategy is to lean on Trae and Dejounte to facilitate most of our offense and it's too predictable. We could do more on offense, but coaching won't open things up, I suppose out of fear of more turnovers. We've got enough shooting on the team outside of the 4 spot. If John and Jalen can at least become average with the open looks they get, we don't have a major spacing issue. And they can turn it around, that's not a permanent flaw in the roster. But so long as McMillan remains stuck in his ways, we we'll keep struggling.

Once again . . tonight, the offense wasn't the biggest issue.  We scored 121 points and shot 48% FG.  The 3 point shooting was low.  We shot 89% FT.

But you can't give up 130 points and expect to win the game.

I'll have to agree with @Sothron.  With Lebron having it going like that, we may have been better off doubling him and hoping the role players couldn't get it done.  I think that may have led to Westbrook having a big night.  But at least Lebron wouldn't have killed us.

JC being in foul trouble was a huge reason why the defense was so bad, especially from a paint perspective.

These are the reasons why we lost.

image.png.51daaa93c417ecce9c6c3f019567c1e3.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I ain't tripping, this team don't fit, it is what it is. If you gonna struggle, get me Wembanyama to keep or a great draft asset we can flip to get a star that actually fits around Trae

My 1st try on the simulation, the Pels got him with the Lakers pick.. Zion and Wemby.. Geez

Hawks moved up to 3rd....On the Next try.. lol

Edited by terrell

We did it!!! Moved up 11 spots..

PICK TEAM RECORD WIN% GB STREAK L10 TOP 4 #1 OVR

17-19 .472 9.0 Lost 3 4-6 7.1% 1.5%

10-26 .278 2.0 Won 1 3-7 52.1% 1
Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

We will go through at least 3 coaches before this team even considers trading Trae Young. He is the franchise. Seriously. We have the #2 ticket sales per arena size in the entire NBA because of #11 plays for the Hawks. He's literal box office. Ressler will never trade him unless Trae asks to be traded and Trae is not asking for that.

Harden wants to go back to Houston (I know you know this but others need to see this) because he's literally nicknamed King of Houston. He misses that. He wants to  be the franchise guy again. Trae knows he has that NOW and he has ZERO REASON to leave Atlanta. Trae IS the King of Atlanta. He KNOWS THIS PEOPLE. 

They will trade the entire roster and go through as many coaches as possible before they even seriously consider trading him. 

So all this griping about Trae, yeah his defense is bad, but you guys that go out of your way to talk about him need to come to grips with this. Seriously. I'm not getting onto anyone. I'm just being a big brother here. This is how it is and we ALL need to come to some kind of peace about it.

Good post.

And Harden misses those Houston strip clubs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Trae is trash. Both he and Murray stinking it up.

LeBron handed him his ass. The Hawks are once again the butt of jokes. Like they have always been.

Trae's shot looks to be broke. He doesn't win. Trae has already done the best he will do in the NBA.

Honestly, he and the Hawks are a perfect fit because they are both a joke.

Even when Nate gets fired... It's only a matter of time before the next coach sees a similar fate. Maybe when Nate is gone they will improve for a short while like they did before.

It won't last. Just like it didn't before.

Edited by Plainview1981

10 minutes ago, terrell said:

If this happened in real life, I don't know what I would do

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I really really like Murray. I am rewatching the game. He does a lot of little things very well. The trade was definitely worth it. It's not his fault we didn't resign Delon or keep Kevin. That's on someone else who didn't want to pay the tax

It will never happen but I'd honestly rather keep DJM at PG and trade Trae to improve elsewhere. I know it won't happen but DJM is a two way player. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sothron said:

It will never happen but I'd honestly rather keep DJM at PG and trade Trae to improve elsewhere. I know it won't happen but DJM is a two way player. 

If marketing wasn't a thing which its a massive thing, it would make us better but it would have to be significant like Embiid. Murray is Not a #1 at all. 

Murray is a better player and I don't care what Trae stans say. This kid impacts the game on a possession by possession basis. No one abuses him ever. He may make a mistake being overly aggressive but his man defense is good. I really like Murray. 

We aren't losing because of him. We are losing because of fit issues with the starters and the bench being horrendous. That's too much to overcome in a deep NBA. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Trae is trash. Both he and Murray stinking it up.

LeBron handed him his ass. The Hawks are once again the butt of jokes. Like they have always been.

Trae's shot looks to be broke. He doesn't win. Trae has already done the best he will do in the NBA.

Honestly, he and the Hawks are a perfect fit because they are both a joke.

Even when Nate gets fired... It's only a matter of time before the next coach sees a similar fate. Maybe when Nate is gone they will improve for a short while like they did before.

It won't last. Just like it didn't before.

Welcome back.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

If marketing wasn't a thing which its a massive thing, it would make us better but it would have to be significant like Embiid. Murray is Not a #1 at all. 

Murray is a better player and I don't care what Trae stans say. This kid impacts the game on a possession by possession basis. No one abuses him ever. He may make a mistake being overly aggressive but his man defense is good. I really like Murray. 

We aren't losing because of him. We are losing because of fit issues with the starters and the bench being horrendous. That's too much to overcome in a deep NBA. 

Trae for Jaylen Brown it is then..lol

He's a homegrown kid..Fans would love him as well..

Then CC and Bogi for Ayton

Murray/JB/Dre/OO/Ayton

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trae has lost most of what mojo he had. The shine is wearing off.

There is not much magic there now. He'll do whatever he can to get his stats because that is what he is. But there is no long term winning to be had with him as the biggest piece.

Edited by Plainview1981
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, terrell said:

Team looks lotto bound.

That's not going to help either because Schlenk doesn't know how to draft.

Edited by Plainview1981

40 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Once again . . tonight, the offense wasn't the biggest issue.  We scored 121 points and shot 48% FG.  The 3 point shooting was low.  We shot 89% FT.

But you can't give up 130 points and expect to win the game.

I'll have to agree with @Sothron.  With Lebron having it going like that, we may have been better off doubling him and hoping the role players couldn't get it done.  I think that may have led to Westbrook having a big night.  But at least Lebron wouldn't have killed us.

JC being in foul trouble was a huge reason why the defense was so bad, especially from a paint perspective.

These are the reasons why we lost.

image.png.51daaa93c417ecce9c6c3f019567c1e3.png

In a game where Capela and Hunter are out, you go into it expecting not to be able to make stops. Even if John wasn't in foul trouble, we still don't have the personnel to consistently play good defense for 48 minutes without Hunter and Capela. That's why I'm focused on the offense, we have the firepower to out score the Lakers and we failed to do so. Obviously giving up 130 is why we lost, but we have the capability score more. This team plays well below the sum of its parts.

1 minute ago, Plainview1981 said:

Team looks lotto bound.

That's not going to help either because Schlenk doesn't know how to draft.

Schlenk isnt picking anymore thank goodness....

Edited by terrell

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Do you really want to run ish through JJ who's always looking unsure if not in transition?

I don't mind running the show between Trae and Murray. I just wish Trae would move off the damn ball during the flow of the game.

This offense is trash and worse than before. The PDS guys were horrible defenders but at least the offense made some type of sense as spammy as it was. Today's offense wasn't even spammy

Yeah I do want to run things through JJ, even if he's making mistakes initially. Watching somebody dribble the air out the ball isn't going to help him develop. We're losing games anyways, might as well take the lumps and see what he can do with a bigger role in the offense.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Trae for Jaylen Brown it is then..lol

He's a homegrown kid..Fans would love him as well..

Then CC and Bogi for Ayton

Murray/JB/Dre/OO/Ayton

Hawks aren't trading Trae and most Atlanta folks don't care about Brown and Boston don't want this deal no way. 

1 minute ago, Plainview1981 said:

Trae has lost most of what mojo he had. The shine is wearing off.

There is not much magic there now. He'll do whatever he can to get his stats because that is what he is. But there is no long term winning to be had with him as a major piece.

I just think he can't play off the ball and he has a rhythm that he is struggling to get into. Trae always played with this flow but these days, it feels like it thinking more than he used to. Like he is thinking out loud trying to pick his spot like he's Curry. 

I really don't think he's comfortable and it's crazy because I actually think Murray has become comfortable within the offense and his new role but Trae and JC feel uncomfortable and look it. Okongwu looks fine in his role. Capela when he was here, same. I honestly don't know what we need do to make Trae feel more comfortable. He's getting 80 touches a game. His seconds per touch dropped but .31 isn't that big of a gap. 

6 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

In a game where Capela and Hunter are out, you go into it expecting not to be able to make stops. Even if John wasn't in foul trouble, we still don't have the personnel to consistently play good defense for 48 minutes without Hunter and Capela. That's why I'm focused on the offense, we have the firepower to out score the Lakers and we failed to do so. Obviously giving up 130 is why we lost, but we have the capability score more. This team plays well below the sum of its parts.

I thought we lost the game on offense. We could barely make open 3s and we was allowing LA to get in transition way too much

• Like 1