• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Lakers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Hawks aren't trading Trae and most Atlanta folks don't care about Brown and Boston don't want this deal no way. 

I just think he can't play off the ball and he has a rhythm that he is struggling to get into. Trae always played with this flow but these days, it feels like it thinking more than he used to. Like he is thinking out loud trying to pick his spot like he's Curry. 

I really don't think he's comfortable and it's crazy because I actually think Murray has become comfortable within the offense and his new role but Trae and JC feel uncomfortable and look it. Okongwu looks fine in his role. Capela when he was here, same. I honestly don't know what we need do to make Trae feel more comfortable. He's getting 80 touches a game. His seconds per touch dropped but .31 isn't that big of a gap. 

The normies of Atlanta tend to not be the smartest. So I suspect they will continue to fool themselves into thinking Trae is this huge star.

Tree needs a roster full of submissive players who will just take what they are given offensively and will do the little things.

Despite what he might say, he doesn't want to share ball handling and quality touches with other wings.

He almost needs a 2001 Philly cast with better shooting, but that kind of team out of date.

• Sad 1

Living in the Bay I got to hear the Warriors post game show with Chris Mullins and Festus E. They said the Hawks are a mess . From Nate,Travis,Trae, to the front office firing of Rod Higgins and others. Sounds like change is in the air. I hope they don't panic. I think the style of play is their biggest issue but if you have a stubborn superstar as your leader you may be in trouble.  Would love to see them add some size and interior toughness. Shooting is an issue as well. Hard to replace shooters like Gallo and Kev. We need a strong coach who the front office lets the players know they completely back. Snyder or Atkinson may work  because it doesn't look like Nate will be around much longer. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

This team fits horribly. Ball movement is even worse than it usually is for us which is bad. 

They can't shoot outside of Bogi and Griffin which can't defend or defend well

Bigs got no creation skills and none of our bigs can create for themselves. All of them score from alleys, garbage buckets, and movement in general.

This shit so flat like an open can of Pepsi that's two weeks old

That's Coke we're in Atlanta! Lol

• Haha 2

Jalen played the best I’ve seen him play. I was loving that dunk on Bron. Okongwu played well as did Griffin. Our youngsters are growing up. 

Despite the defeat, we played with pace and energy, hopefully continue the synergy. 

Tough one though when Lebron bullies his big body and has the best game he’s had in over 2 years or so. Westbrook had one of his better games as well. 

17-19 for the 2022 portion of 2022-2023, let’s get a good start for 2023 against GS on Monday.

Go Hawks!!!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sothron said:

We will go through at least 3 coaches before this team even considers trading Trae Young. He is the franchise. Seriously. We have the #2 ticket sales per arena size in the entire NBA because of #11 plays for the Hawks. He's literal box office. Ressler will never trade him unless Trae asks to be traded and Trae is not asking for that.

Harden wants to go back to Houston (I know you know this but others need to see this) because he's literally nicknamed King of Houston. He misses that. He wants to  be the franchise guy again. Trae knows he has that NOW and he has ZERO REASON to leave Atlanta. Trae IS the King of Atlanta. He KNOWS THIS PEOPLE. 

They will trade the entire roster and go through as many coaches as possible before they even seriously consider trading him. 

So all this griping about Trae, yeah his defense is bad, but you guys that go out of your way to talk about him need to come to grips with this. Seriously. I'm not getting onto anyone. I'm just being a big brother here. This is how it is and we ALL need to come to some kind of peace about it.

Its hard to come to grips when you feel he's peaked and this team has peaked already. But the owner and his wife Star are clueless of how a proper nba team looks. I hate dumb, stubborn owners. They give off a trickle-down effect where the gm is crippled, the head coach is crippled down to your star. 

• Like 1

I'm still watching the games, but not reading through the 14 pages of comments and reactions anymore.  One of the top things starting to bother me is watching these lower seed teams get the star calls and treatment, even in our building.  We can get hacked on all of our drives and have to play through contact most of the time. 

We got a pattern of getting a lead and losing it then having a close 4th quarter, but eventually breaking down.  It's better than losing in blowouts every night, I guess.  

Without looking at a box score, the second chance points had to have been a killer.  I do like Jalen coming alive and showing he can contribute.  He had about 3-4 putbacks. 

Our record with Capela and Hunter both playing is 14-8.  That means we are 3-10 when both are out.  Maybe we can get another Real Hawks theory and multiple charts going.  

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, StonedDogs said:

Its hard to come to grips when you feel he's peaked and this team has peaked already. But the owner and his wife Star are clueless of how a proper nba team looks. I hate dumb, stubborn owners. They give off a trickle-down effect where the gm is crippled, the head coach is crippled down to your star. 

This team hasn't peaked because this team has barely played.   How can you talk about "this team" when most of the time, we have starters missing?  Moreover, we need better coaching. 

If a coaching move is going to be made, it will be at the break. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

We got a pattern of getting a lead and losing it then having a close 4th quarter, but eventually breaking down.  It's better than losing in blowouts every night, I guess.  

OF late that pattern is predicated on defense.   Our defense doesn't have bigs so the teams we played have said "go inside".  The Lakers were very deliberate of this last night.   They went inside and feasted.   Our bigs got into Foul trouble and eventually, we had nobody to stop the layup line. 

Our offense has it's share of blame too.   We don't have a focus on offense and our default is Isoball.   Well, Isoball, for us, can only be successful if we can hit threes.   Otherwise, teams are going to flood the lanes and force us to beat them from outside.   How attrocious was our three point shooting last night?

Like I said last night... our Iso derived offense is not win-sustainable.   We can't win with that.  Eventually, the threes stop falling and we're left with dudes trying to go one on one or one on two with contested shots.  (see our 3rd qtr for the last two games). 

That mixed with we can't stop nobody leads to LOSS. 

• Like 2

Im done watching games until something changes.

Tired of getting double digit first half leads just to blow it in the second half.

Coaching and conditioning are to blame.

Also our core starters are injury prone and seem like they always will be. We will never have the starters and our 2nd unit healthy at the same time.

CC and Hunter always miss several games a month, Bogi seems to miss time each year as well. Trae misses several games a year. We will never have everyone healthy enough to get good chemistry.

Edited by swanlee
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Diesel said:

This team hasn't peaked because this team has barely played.   How can you talk about "this team" when most of the time, we have starters missing?  Moreover, we need better coaching. 

If a coaching move is going to be made, it will be at the break. 

Im just tired of making excuses. We're gonna do this every year all the while the injured continues to age. Its always gonna be Hunter and Capela our two best defenders out. 

Its always gonna be its not on Trae its on coaching.

Our excuse will always be this team has not had time to gel. Anyway, hope a new coach comes in and develop everyone so we can just plug n play the next man when someone is injured. TY Jerome is plug n play. We passed on him in the draft. He was only the leader of the UVA championship team. Kyle Guy is overseas. He was only the leading scorer on the UVA championship team. 3pt sniper 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

I'm still watching the games, but not reading through the 14 pages of comments and reactions anymore.  One of the top things starting to bother me is watching these lower seed teams get the star calls and treatment, even in our building.  We can get hacked on all of our drives and have to play through contact most of the time. 

Without looking at a box score, the second chance points had to have been a killer.  I do like Jalen coming alive and showing he can contribute.  He had about 3-4 putbacks. 

Our record with Capela and Hunter both playing is 14-8.  That means we are 3-10 when both are out.  Maybe we can get another Real Hawks theory and multiple charts going.  

Early in the season I was keeping a running total of the freethrows.....the worse of the worse teams were getting a parade at the freethrow line vs the Hawks.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Capela, we miss you.  Diesel is correct.  In the 4th quarter, teams have already planned to go inside and hit lay-up after lay-up.  Example:  Last night Collins played in foul trouble, as usual, and was of little use late in the game.  

Hawks are small, at best.  Look at our bench last night.  0017 was a starter.  With Collins on the pine with 5 fouls and no Capela, the big bully had his way on his birthday.

Our esteemed head coach can't use players he doesn't have.  Nate has stated that he cannot handle a rotation of more than nine.  After any game, check the box score.  Last night, nine man rotation.  I remember, as a lad, hearing about an older man, "He's old and set in his ways.  You can't change him."  This seems to describe our Nate.

Health problems for this year's team stinks.  Nate really wants to leave.  But not right now.  I believe that our GM is quietly searching for a replacement right now.  The Squawk says, "Hurry!"

😉

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

The normies of Atlanta tend to not be the smartest. So I suspect they will continue to fool themselves into thinking Trae is this huge star.

Tree needs a roster full of submissive players who will just take what they are given offensively and will do the little things.

Despite what he might say, he doesn't want to share ball handling and quality touches with other wings.

He almost needs a 2001 Philly cast with better shooting, but that kind of team out of date.

Trae is Mr. Entertainment and Atlanta has never been all in on winning, we are all in Entertainment. This is what the city is. Vick had a 70k season ticket waiting list. No one gave a f*** about Matt Ryan who had more success. It is what it is. Atlanta is who it is. You gotta know your audience. 

Yep and one star center who don't get in the way to take the pressure off his drives and give him advantages on matchups. 

Facts! I've been saying this for years. Just not his nature. This style of play we have this season, he hates it. He's used to playing off bigs, not another guard. He liked the old style, he just hated the old defensive pressure. 

He needs even more than that. To be fair, even Iverson would need a lot more than that in today's NBA. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trae is Mr. Entertainment and Atlanta has never been all in on winning, we are all in Entertainment. This is what the city is.

Cuz all those other Hawks teams were winning big without a star player.  Please. SMDH.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, StonedDogs said:

One thing I hate most about this city is that arena sounding like Staples. Chanting MVP then panning to our own "superstar"

The lack of respect this town has for its own team is incredible 

LeBron has a lot of fans. Many of them Hawks fans

• Thanks 1