• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Lakers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I ain't tripping, this team don't fit, it is what it is. If you gonna struggle, get me Wembanyama to keep or a great draft asset we can flip to get a star that actually fits around Trae

This team fits well enough, they need to actually play cohesively though. We're not getting the best out of anybody with this heliocentric offense. When the offense is clicking, maybe our guards will decide not to be traffic cones on defense.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Hawks need to add an "energy big" to this lineup.  We have an open roster spot.

In a game like this, when we already have our best big and best wing defender out, we could use an energy big in the game. 

Dwight Howard GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You just can't keep blindly blaming everything on Trae with the defense, when we couldn't get stops with Trae out of the game.

Nate just said it . . we needed to play big bodies on Lebron.  Lebron stayed on the perimeter and attacked.  When we put a smaller guy on him, he attacked the paint.

All I know is...if you're being paid as a superstar You should be able to find a way for your team to win!!! I know it's not all on one person But damn it...Too many games that were winnable and we didn't win!!! I'm looking at my "superstar" & my coaching staff..

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I'd rather see G league players like Austin Reeves or Toscano try to beat us than single cover one of the greatest players in NBA history get hot, stay hot, and just take over the game.

When you don't adjust to what isn't working that's giving up as a coach. Nate is done. He's quit on this team. And I know he's going to read this and I don't give a f***. Retire. Go home. 

Just came to post that this is what it looks like when a coach quits on a team.  It's actually masterful.  There's just enough meat there for folks to blame the players.  But we know better. 

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, nathan2331 said:

This team fits well enough, they need to actually play cohesively though. We're not getting the best out of anybody with this heliocentric offense. When the offense is clicking, maybe our guards will decide not to be traffic cones on defense.

• We need better coaching.  Especially on offense. 
  • We need Hunter and Clint back.
  • Trade Hunter.  He's never going to stay healthy. 
  • Like 2

Just now, nathan2331 said:

This team fits horribly. Ball movement is even worse than it usually is for us which is bad. 

They can't shoot outside of Bogi and Griffin which can't defend or defend well

Bigs got no creation skills and none of our bigs can create for themselves. All of them score from alleys, garbage buckets, and movement in general.

This shit so flat like an open can of Pepsi that's two weeks old

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, terrell said:

All I know is...if you're being paid as a superstar You should be able to find a way for your team to win!!! I know it's not all on one person But damn it...Too many games that were winnable and we didn't win!!! I'm looking at my "superstar" & my coaching staff..

Kobe Lakers GIF - Kobe Lakers Los Angeles - Discover & Share GIFs

Kobe disagrees...

1 minute ago, Diesel said:
  • We need better coaching.  Especially on offense. 
  • We need Hunter and Clint back.
  • Trade Hunter.  He's never going to stay healthy. 

Other teams know he'll never be healthy too..

Thanks again Travis...

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This team fits horribly. Ball movement is even worse than it usually is for us which is bad. 

Bigs got no creation skills and none of our bigs can create for themselves. All of them score from alleys, garbage buckets, and movement in general.

But Didnt you say you were happy with Travis? Based on what?

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, terrell said:

This true.

I'm getting tired of seeing "Another day, another opportunity 100" on twitter. Maybe it's about time to start seizing said opportunities???

1 minute ago, terrell said:

But Didnt you say you were happy with Travis? Based on what?

For most of his moves but he made some massive blunders. 

1. Luka trade didn't get us enough in return. 

2. Resigning JC when I said let him walk

3. The timing of the Huerter trade 

29 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The perimeter defense was horrendous. After being ranked 13th on D, we look like Last year's Hawks again on D but even worse.

Trae and Bogi especially should be nicknamed barbeque chicken.................

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

The ball movement is bad because the coach insists everything is ran through Trae or Dejounte. We've got Jalen who's got potential as a playmaker but we do nothing with him. Bogi and Griffin barely even bring the ball up when Trae's in the game. It's clear the strategy is to lean on Trae and Dejounte to facilitate most of our offense and it's too predictable. We could do more on offense, but coaching won't open things up, I suppose out of fear of more turnovers. We've got enough shooting on the team outside of the 4 spot. If John and Jalen can at least become average with the open looks they get, we don't have a major spacing issue. And they can turn it around, that's not a permanent flaw in the roster. But so long as McMillan remains stuck in his ways, we we'll keep struggling.

• Premium Member

FWIW we are now:

2-7 without Capela

1-8 without Hunter

Our two best defensive players have missed about a third of the season so far with no signs of coming back. 

If they continue to miss this many games at this rate let alone more games missed from Trae, DJM and JC we are going to be in the lottery.

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1