• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Lakers

lethalweapon3

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

JC and Capela gotta go. Capela value ain't going up and anyone that has a center that we need don't want Capela so we might as we get a 1st and role players for him. We need to get out of JC contract and get a protected 1st. 125 million for what he's giving us. He gotta go. Indy gives us a TPE and I'll take it. 

Tank, get Wemby or Scoot. Trade Murray for a better fitting star and start the new squad with depth and star power that fit. 

Trade JC Capela and Bogi, shut down Trae with a phantom injury, and tank.

Let Murray build up his trade value running the show

Play Jalen and AJG 35 mpg from here on out.

Edited by terrell

25 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So did Nunn score his points with Trae on the floor, and with Trae guarding him?

You watched the game, right?

In a short span Nunn put Trae through two screens for an easy alley oop, cut behind him for an easy layup, and hit a wide open corner three on his 0 effort rotation.  You also do realize you don’t have to score a single point to have a robust +/- don’t you?  I been trying to explain floor game for years to no avail. At some point you have to realize how horrible his ball and man pressure is and how teams salivate to exploit it on the ball, off, and in transition.

Bryant scored on a semi transition where he volleyed the ball to himself twice.  Trae was still In the backcourt.  A reporter just specifically asked Nate about Traes defense and he quickly deflected to the team.  He couldn’t hide the disgust on his face initially though lol.

I need a friend like you North.  I can call you a fried right?  Because if I ever went on a murderous rampage I can count on you to let me hide out at your crib, destroy the weapon, and tell authorities you never met me lol.

I know that’s your boy but Its okay to admit he’s one of the worst shooters and defenders this season.  Life goes on bruh.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, terrell said:

Trade JC Capela and Bogi, shut down Trae with a phantom injury, and tank.

Let Murray build up his trade value running the show

Play Jalen and AJG 35 mpg from here on out.

No one wants Bogi. We been trying to trade his ass. Hopefully someone wants JC for free.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member

This is such a catch 22 situation. Ressler refuses to pay the LT. We trade Kevin for  less than peanuts. We can't sign anyone with MLE or smaller exception. We still have empty roster spot to avoid LT.

Team has no bench as a result. Then we get injuries and need the  bench...and we lose. And we lose. And we keep losing.

Ressler points to the losing team and says "This is why I refused to pay the LT" while ignoring that his very refusal to PAY IT IN THE FIRST f***ing PLACE is why this team is so bad now.

I hope we can get some non protected firsts and just tank this out. They actually brought Capela out on this farce of a WC trip to have him miss 3 out of 4 games at a minimum. Why? Why not leave him in Atlanta and let him rehab more? 

This is two seasons of complete disappointment from this team. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

In a short span Nunn put Trae through two screens for an easy alley oop, cut behind him for an easy layup, and hit a wide open corner three on his 0 effort rotation.  You also do realize you don’t have to score a single point to have a robust +/- don’t you?  I been trying to explain floor game for years to no avail. At some point you have to realize how horrible his ball and man pressure is and how teams salivate to exploit it on the ball, off, and in transition.

Bryant scored on a semi transition where he volleyed the ball to himself twice.  Trae was still In the backcourt.  A reporter just specifically asked Nate about Traes defense and he quickly deflected to the team.  He couldn’t hide the disgust on his face initially though lol.

I need a friend like you North.  I can call you a fried right?  Because if I ever went on a murderous rampage I can count on you to let me hide out at your crib, destroy the weapon, and tell authorities you never met me lol.

Bro, NC don't care. You know the people on this site who care, just talk with them instead of arguing with people who already made their mind up on things.

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Tony is alright with me. I wouldn't have paid the LT either. For what, we would at best 2nd round and done. Now we get to go where we belong, to the top of the tankathon

Its crazy Travis had all of this draft capital( 4 top 10 picks and 4 top 20 picks), added an allstar in DJM, and we're right back in the lottery.. smh

Good grief..

Will they ever figure out how to build a team around Trae?

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Ressler points to the losing team and says "This is why I refused to pay the LT" while ignoring that his very refusal to PAY IT IN THE FIRST f***ing PLACE is why this team is so bad now.

We shouldn't win out...

If we win out then we tell Ressler that he's right for not paying the Luxury tax and making dumb ass trades. 

but I guess if we lose...

We tell Ressler that he's right for not paying the Luxury tax and making dumb ass trades. 

It's not a catch 22...

Ressler is right either way.

Unless... we get just enough wins and go just far enough that we almost make it but we don't.   We lose and Ressler sees that if he had not made the dumb ass trades we could have made it over the hump and won it all. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, terrell said:

Its crazy Travis had all of this draft capital( 4 top 10 picks and 4 top 20 picks) and we're right back in the lottery.. smh

Good grief..

Top 10 is meaningless.   Top 3 is where it's at.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

2 spot up 3s for Trae, and he knocks them down.

This is what @Wretch talks about with his shooting.  If he got a lot more spot up looks like what he's getting tonight, his shooting from deep could go way up.

Another score by Trae.  8 in the quarter.  Lead down to 14.

Trae is also +1 in the game now.

Keep it rolling.

WAY up...  I missed the game tonight, but I already know... lol If we could switch things up and find a way to get Trae open, we would be on our way.  That's what I thought was going to happen A LOT when we got Dejounte.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Its crazy Travis had all of this draft capital( 4 top 10 picks and 4 top 20 picks) and we're right back in the lottery.. smh

Good grief..

Will they ever figure out how to build a team around Trae?

That's normal. The Capela trade basically got him out of the abyss than he traded for Murray and Landed him right back into the abyss and got his ass fired. 

We wasn't leaving the lottery without Clint insane spammy first full year in Atlanta. 

Other than that, this team been what it's been. We really only made the playoffs one year. Last year, we stole Cleveland spot with that play in BS. 

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That's normal. The Capela trade basically got him out of the abyss than he traded for Murray and Landed him right back into the abyss and got his ass fired. 

We wasn't leaving the lottery without Clint insane spammy first full year in Atlanta. 

Other than that, this team been what it's been. We really only made the playoffs one year. Last year, we stole Cleveland spot with that play in BS. 

Yeah CC trade was his best move as Hawks GM..

• Like 1