• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Lakers

lethalweapon3

Just now, terrell said:

Yeah CC trade was his best move as Hawks GM..

By far. He had elite metrics for Houston but like us this year. They f***ed up, ruined spacing and had to trade him as the value for Westbrook was just too ample. 

Capela gonna be happy tho. He's likely going to LAC and then to the NBA finals because no one can beat that squad with real rim and paint protection 

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

By far. He had elite metrics for Houston but like us this year. They f***ed up, ruined spacing and had to trade him as the value for Westbrook was just too ample. 

Capela gonna be happy tho. He's likely going to LAC and then to the NBA finals because no one can beat that squad with real rim and paint protection 

Whos gonna feed him the ball? John Wall?

41 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You know I've been to Ben Hill.   They lack cable television.  It's like stepping into Sparta... In the Heat of the night style.   Carter Country....

This is their town logo...

Is there life without cable TV?. There are at least three ways to watch… |  by Michael Robert Caditz | Medium

My Kanye Voice:

Ressler don't like Hawks Fans...

I guess I should’ve made it clear when I first joined here.  Ben Hill SW Atlanta over here.  Cool one star joke tho lol.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, terrell said:

Whos gonna feed him the ball? John Wall?

Wall, Reggie and PG13 all uses screens heavily. Kawhi doesn't. Wall had the privilege of playing with Gortat who was an elite screen setter and pro roller. He will be fine with Clint. The Hawks need to build up their treasure cases of 1st rounders after the Murray deal. They got one back for Kevin 

I would like a Kennard, Mann and 1st deal for Capela 

Edited by NBASupes

I’ve just been staring at the ceiling for the last 30 min, wondering what’s wrong with us. I have no answers. We aren’t playing collectively. It’s all individual stuff. I dunno 🤷‍♀️ ugh 😩 

image.gif.adbfd4e4efe7feba713b1083932e23bb.gif

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Unlike many I don't think the situation is hopeless.  They definitely need to make a few changes but I think they can right the ship and become very competitive. The Hawks have a lot of athletes now they need to add some BB players with some toughness, BALL IQ and experience in winning.

Good luck !

Go Hawks! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Is this from your source ? What’s the trade on this in terms of what we get back and is there another team involved ?

51 minutes ago, JTB said:

Is this from your source ? What’s the trade on this in terms of what we get back and is there another team involved ?

This info is OLD. Like months old. Atlanta shopped the tradable 3. Multiple teams had interest but only LAC made a serious offer. I don't see any reason as to why they wouldn't when their issues are primarily the same as it was at that time.

Bogi interest has always been contract for contract which doesn't appeal to Atlanta. 

JC is obvious. Atlanta wants assets. Teams thought he was a liability. Will they change their minds seeing how he's been playing since Capela been out for the most part. I don't think so but with so few sellers, you just never know. 

I forgot the reporter who said it but all roads point to Toronto. They are the ones everyone is waiting for to set the market but based on what I've got from my guy, he thinks Toronto will sit on everyone but FVV and wait till the offseason when some of the bigger names should be available where you can at least try and see what you can get. 

As far as FVV, he wasn't available earlier this year but teams have called and Toronto has listened. A team to watch for is Dallas. They have a lot of interest and they are willing to trade draft assets which is hard to get as FVV at this stage is seen as a rental although I still believe he can be resigned even right now.

That's what everyone is waiting on, will Toronto move or keep FVV. My belief is they will keep him. 

A number of teams are looking to make a big move but there are only so many sellers and the prices are considered sky high. Poeltl is literally going for a 1st rounder. It's just not cheap. Same for Eric Gordon. Same for Saddiq Bey who is unproven. Orlando and Charlotte aren't even shopping anyone. 😒 

It's just a dead market. No surprise the teams shopping players are in the Wemby sweepstakes. 

Atlanta 

SA

Houston

Detroit

Toronto who is doing more listening than calling

Even Washington is buyers and have been very active with Atlanta with some of our players. 

In my opinion and everything posted from here on, Atlanta needs to hit a soft reset. This ain't really gonna work.

Five years - Three bottom 6 records. One ECF trip after being in the bottom of the NBA in the tankathon before ASB. One missing the traditional playoffs, they made the backend of the playin and had to play their way into the playoffs. This year, back in the top 10 of the tankathon. With Trae now getting so much money, our cap flexibility is limited but our needs stay the same. No owner is going to want to pay the LT for a pretender. No one unless they have a generational star and no, Trae is not that. He's not constantly 1st team All NBA. He's the reason why me and many others on here are banned from RealGM GB for defending him against mods and posters who are Trae haters. 

They need a deep team around Trae but stars who are compatible with Trae or they need to move on if they land Scoot. Can't move on with Murray, you will kill your fan support whereas Henderson will run Atlanta as much if not more than Trae and Trae star power will get a star back in return without 2nd thought for some teams lacking star power and give Henderson and his supporting cast, a nice boost and I do think Henderson and Murray can play and win next to each other but Atlanta would need to get a stretch 5 with the quickness. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

If we leave Capela in LA with the Clippers, I hope that it's at least a three team deal with Atlanta getting that rookie center from the Hornets.  Clippers would need to send players to Atlanta and to the Hornets.  No, I have no idea about how to make it work.

Hawks, as a team, continue to be in awe of playing against "The King."    Just think, if he plays to age 65, he will only be around for 17 more years for the Hawks to gape at.  

"Team" does not appear to be any part of this group of Hawk players.  We're not big enough to play with the big boys of the NBA and we're not quick enough to play with the little boys.  Capela is our best rebounder and he's been injured most of the season.  

Trae really pushed for Murray to come here.  He's been good but he's not the answer to our problems.  Something is just off and we can't seem to fix it.  We really don't know what "it" is, so how do we know what to do?  Replacing Nate seems to be the only answer.  But, with who?  This is the big Question!

🧑‍🔧In need of repair!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, terrell said:

Its crazy Travis had all of this draft capital( 4 top 10 picks and 4 top 20 picks), added an allstar in DJM, and we're right back in the lottery.. smh

Good grief..

Will they ever figure out how to build a team around Trae?

It's debatable that Schlenk might be worse than Pete Babcock at this point.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Wall, Reggie and PG13 all uses screens heavily. Kawhi doesn't. Wall had the privilege of playing with Gortat who was an elite screen setter and pro roller. He will be fine with Clint. The Hawks need to build up their treasure cases of 1st rounders after the Murray deal. They got one back for Kevin 

I would like a Kennard, Mann and 1st deal for Capela 

It does the Hawks no good to stock draft picks when they don't know how to draft.

Msg to Trae:

Pictured below is Leo Dicap. This foo made it, it’s over he made all those movies and played in growing pains and now eats Cheetos on his yacht 🛥️ and picks his nose (apparently there’s an emoji for that, he prolly eats it too I dunno :pick_nose_eat:)…

Trae: You came out last night like you Leo and walking on the Hollywood stars of LA! This kind of goes with the LA house you bought. Feel the theme…

Trae, you are 15 years away, don’t come out like you made it, that’s why dudes like me LIKE you is you come out and bust butts. JUST DONT LOSE YOURSELF AND WHO YOU ARE through this bs front office storm ☔️.

4A81EC9F-08EE-495E-90ED-376D5EC23F08.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Glad I missed this game. Seems like it was a layup line for LAL and we sleep walked to start the game. 

Oh you did miss one thing that annoyed me. LeQueen and Ant 🐜 were dying laughing on the bench at the end of the game. I don’t really care if they were laughing at their own team, ish was disrespectful, at least I took it that way, then again with our play, not much to respect.

Nique said.. something prolly really funny… 😂 

And what’s with the Lakers trying to make Christie and Pippen’s son’s the new wave of Laker ball.