• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: 76ers at Hawks -- The Home Finale!

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

Ya' gotta' hand to it to Gray Mule.  He talks softly and carries a big stick!  🙂
P.S. Hey Gray Mule... how many of these young pups will know from whence that saying derives?

not only does @Gray Mule know where that quote comes from, he voted for the guy!

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member
26 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Just keep it simple Trae and get the win.

Lol this is very generous framing for what was a very loose game from Trae.  I doubt Trae even knew it was fan appreciation night — he constantly plays like this versus bench units and tanking teams.  It wasn’t fan appreciation night in Houston when our season went off the rails, or in the Spurs game when he had 9 pts and 5 TOs.  He always plays down to competition for whatever reason 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Lol this is very generous framing for what was a very loose game from Trae.  I doubt Trae even knew it was fan appreciation night — he constantly plays like this versus bench units and tanking teams.  It wasn’t fan appreciation night in Houston when our season went off the rails, or in the Spurs game when he had 9 pts and 5 TOs.  He always plays down to competition for whatever reason 

It's a TEAM problem!

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yeah, Trae's turnovers were mostly bad lobs that he has made before.   Miscommunications.. and one stolen ball. 

It may be a bit of playing down to the competition?  But he's three ball has been off too.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

His 3 ball has been off the last 4 games, just 2-20.

Trae needs to go an hold Baby Titus.. or something.

My Basketball coach used to say "Girls Weakens Legs and will effect your shot".  Ignorant to what he really meant, I thought coach was drinking the Ole English...

Now that I know what he meant... Come on Trae... Lebron this offseason. 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

If I'm making excuses, our guys only wanted to win last night for as long as there was the threat that TOR would win. And after word got around quietly around the bench that BOS was wiping the floor with the Raps, there was a quiet but empirical change in the air. The team that began the game wanting most to win was not the team that finished the game wanting most to win.

If I'm not making excuses... we're still just that lacking on defense, like Q insinuated when he said it came down to simply getting some stops that our guys didn't get.

Now, I'm not like a lot of people who want to find the precise point of greatest fault, point fingers, and yes, even demonize some of our own. Free country. Anyone can do that. But/and while I have my own inclinations, this isn't the time. Once you're past the trade deadline, your roster is what it is, and there's no real point served other than ego bluster and/or the camaraderie that comes from sharing in the grieving process.

The higher, better, more redeeming and possibly even ultimately productive option is, instead, to stay positive... much like our head coach demonstrated (cued to that part)...

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's a TEAM problem!

And he's the head of the snake, so he needs to be setting the tone for the team and I don't see that happening.  I will never fault guys for not making jumpers, but the one thing you can control night in and night out is your attitude, effort, and focus.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You get no argument from me with this and that's teamwide.

But do you also agree that the best player on the team has the greatest influence on team attitude compared to any other player?    

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Either of Boston or Milwaukee is going to smoke the Hawks. Might steal a game or two if we get lucky against Boston but Milwaukee will sweep us. 

Either of Boston or Milwaukee is going to smoke the Hawks. Might steal a game or two if we get lucky against Boston but Milwaukee will sweep us. 

The sad thing about this team is that we really don't know which team will show up.

They could get swept, or push a series to 7 games.

To me, there are no dominant teams in the NBA.  Milwaukee is the closest, with their 58 wins.  Boston is good, but definitely not great.  Philly is Philly. They'll find a way to mess it up.  Cleveland is the dark horse, because they have the best defense in the league + a guy who can explode offensively and win a game by himself.

The West is wide open.  Denver is #1 with only 52 wins, and are under .500 on the road.  IN fact, the only team out West with a winning road record, are the Sacramento Kings.

So I just want us to get in, and let the chips fall where they may.  Maybe we have a situation in the NBA playoffs, like they had with the NCAA Tournament.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Watchman said:

Did you like Trae pounding the ball for a shot clock violation that resulted in the overtime?  Why do our coaches, even Snyder, let him do that?  It is so predictable.  Everyone can see it coming, but they let him do it over and over again.  Unreal.

People actually like to watching him do that shit..(see ticket sales)  smh.

Kids will grow up soon and realize he's just a dollar store Superstar..

The grown folks know.. lol

I actually like watching the team play more when he's out. No BS

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

It really don't make of the hate Hunter gets on here. Not at all. Especially if you watch the game like I do, possession by possession and not granular as many on HS do

You mean with rose colored glasses on? Maybe I need to get me a pair.. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I was about to drive 5 hrs to the game, but didn't when I figured that Embiid would be sitting out.

I'll wait and see if we make it through the play-in, and attend Game 3 in a few weeks.

5 hour drive to watch this Hawk team? Wow.

You must have a lot of time to waste..

• Haha 1