• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: 76ers at Hawks -- The Home Finale!

lethalweapon3

8 minutes ago, georgia said:

Hawks will not beat Miami unless they fold for a chance at boston

we need to lose out and hope for a good pick 

I have no inside info but Murray has got to hate it here

I suspect our entire current starting lineup hates it here with the possible exception of Hunter, because he knows he won't get this much playing time elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Watchman said:

I suspect our entire current starting lineup hates it here with the possible exception of Hunter, because he knows he won't get this much playing time elsewhere.

I'm anxiously awaiting the reports that come out after our play-in/playoff game(s).  It will be very telling the direction the org wants to go fairly quickly imo.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

I'm anxiously awaiting the reports that come out after our play-in/playoff game(s).  It will be very telling the direction the org wants to go fairly quickly imo.  

I guess we'll have to wait for the draft and free agency to avoid tampering charges, but maybe we'll hear some juicy rumors.

43 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Yeah, it's a shame that we play so much better as a team when he's out.  We are stuck with five unmovable contracts: Trae, Murray, Collins, Capella and Hunter.  Oh wait...that's our starting lineup.  Then when OO, JJ and AJ are eligible for renewal, we'll overpay all over again.

Murray contract is moveable... We may be stuck with the rest..

But it's not like we are the only Team carrying players we need to move and will have to lose every trade to get anywhere.

Lets hope thats the case at least....

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member

Either of Boston or Milwaukee is going to smoke the Hawks. Might steal a game or two if we get lucky against Boston but Milwaukee will sweep us. 

Either of Boston or Milwaukee is going to smoke the Hawks. Might steal a game or two if we get lucky against Boston but Milwaukee will sweep us. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Yes I agree. They will smother us with their length and physicality. 

• Premium Member

lol we lost last night?  I started watching late and fell asleep at halftime.  Just assumed we won since we were playing a G league team.

LOL bring on the celtics!!!

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

LOL boston gonna be sitting it's entire team for that game.   We trying to get prepared for the NBA playoffs or the G League playoffs?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Watchman said:

It really don't make of the hate Hunter gets on here. Not at all. Especially if you watch the game like I do, possession by possession and not granular as many on HS do

21 minutes ago, shakes said:

lol we lost last night?  I started watching late and fell asleep at halftime.  Just assumed we won since we were playing a G league team.

LOL bring on the celtics!!!

Yep.  Seems that someone thought the old man just needed to go away and take a nap.

What goes around usually comes around.  Look who couldn't stay awake to watch the final home game!

Welcome to the club, Sleepy Shakes!

:smug:

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Yep.  Seems that someone thought the old man just needed to go away and take a nap.

What goes around usually comes around.  Look who couldn't stay awake to watch the final home game!

Welcome to the club, Sleepy Shakes!

:smug:

Ya' gotta' hand to it to Gray Mule.  He talks softly and carries a big stick!  🙂
P.S. Hey Gray Mule... how many of these young pups will know from whence that saying derives?

11 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I was trying to get tickets for the last home game....Glad I didn't- can't trust this team not to play down, and at home no less.

I was about to drive 5 hrs to the game, but didn't when I figured that Embiid would be sitting out.

I'll wait and see if we make it through the play-in, and attend Game 3 in a few weeks.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Lottery odds aren't impossible unless we win the next game. 

Playoff odds are impossible unless injuries happen like Boston loses Tatum and everyone just gets hurt. 

I still rather take my chances for Wemby. 11th has a 1.8 chance at Wemby. I'll take those chances

Anything's possibbblllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/celtics_all_star_requires_stitches_after_tending_to_plants_goes_awry/s1_13132_38673529

image.png.629ce772d20a7e79143ebb40caead1f6.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So he's not going to rest the starters and run the 2nd and 3rd unit exclusively?

Quin, don't do this.  Boston's reserves could easily beat us, and put us in a worse mindset going into the play-in game on Tuesday.

Just play the kids and the 3rd team, and see how they look if they get extended minutes.  You're not going to fix what is wrong with this team in a meaningless Boston game.

The only way you can fix things, is to change up your rotations in the 2nd half.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Watchman said:

Yeah, it's a shame that we play so much better as a team when he's out.  We are stuck with five unmovable contracts: Trae, Murray, Collins, Capella and Hunter.  Oh wait...that's our starting lineup.  Then when OO, JJ and AJ are eligible for renewal, we'll overpay all over again.

All of those contracts outside of Trae, is moveable. It's just that you may not get perceived equal or better value from them.

• Thanks 1