• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bucks (7 PM EST Tip)

lethalweapon3

5 hours ago, Sothron said:

As I have told you more than once in private IDGAF if you believe me or not. I know what I was told and it was from sources I trust. Nate tried to kill that kid's career and he absolutely deserves to be called out on it. 

I believe that someone told you that.  Have no idea why people are acting like you haven't posted here for 20+ years and never spread disinformation.  

Probably should just talk about the game in this thread.  No one so far is wishing we still had Collins, even in our losses.  Jalen is the kind of guy who could potentially play every position on the court.  Gonna be a fun ride to watch him develop.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You know why the 60 win Hawks got swept in the EC Finals?

1) both of their defensive wings were either out or not 100%

2) No one on the team was capable of putting the team on his back and carrying the team.

Every great team needs a hero. Unless you're the 2004 Detroit Pistons with an all time great defense, you don't win without a player or players capable of being the "hero".

The 30 foot 3 pointer that you and others hate, is NOT a hero ball shot. It's a shot that Trae has taken and made since his high school days.

No coach should ever try to take that shot from him. He gets better looks on a 30 foot 3, than he does on 24 foot 3s.

Trae has only made 6 threes this season out of 22 shots.

He's 4 - 6 on shots 30 ft+

I don't think one guy on this team is that guy every night.  Some nights maybe but not every night so to anoint a player to dominate the shots every game on a team like this is foolishness.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Sothron said:

Who do you think Nate was talking about with his infamous "I am not in the development process" quote? It was Jalen.

I took that as being Brice Lewis opinion and not a matter of fact because the statement  don't fit the facts.   Nate Played AJ Griffin more than Quin does now.   Nate also played OO.   And Nate played JJ.

Here's the starting 5 from the start of last season..

image.png

What you see there is Griffin, JJ, and OO making Starts. 

He didn't have to play any of them considering we had the Holidays and Frank the Tank.  But I know.. that goes against the narrative. 

If he truly hated JJ and thought that he would be out of the league and Never be shit, why did he play him?  I mean...  6 starts in a row...

I mean... 

JJs Splits during Nate's time.

image.png

In December, he logged 20+ minutes per game...

OO's splits

image.png

In December  26 mpg...  IN January 29 mpg. 

AJG Splits

image.png

By the numbers, you can tell when Nate left...     AJ was playing 27 mpg as a rookie... and we had JHoli.

The statement about not playing young players that need development....  Doesn't fit.   AJ played more minutes under Nate than he has Under Quin... That's the fact. 

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, JTB said:

One thing I noticed is that tonight , Trae stayed very high at the top of the arc , which made it easier for him to see the traps or off ball gaps of the defender easier.

Lately Trae has been finding himself in easy traps at the top corners of the 3pt line. It just makes a lot more sense if he runs most his plays at the top of the arc if he’s going to have the ball in his hands. That way he can dictate the defense and figure out where the openings will be.

I personally liked this game from Trae even though he only went 5/14 but I will take it ! 11 dimes and he wasn’t forcing all his shots. He did for 2 or 3.

the effort defensively was there by Trae and the whole team.

Nah but I do agree with him playing close to starter minutes on nights he has it going .

I noticed this too. They were picking up Trae at half court. The best thing about it though was that the entire team understood the spacing and started their offense like a 5 out but from half court instead of the three point line.  I knew right away that Trae would take advantage of that with his passing or dribble penetration. That is the magic of being able to make shots from long distance. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

I believe that someone told you that. 

Ya I’m in this boat too. I don’t think Soth is lying to us or anything but whomever told him that Nate straight up said that to Jalen, it’s just extremely hard for me to believe it being true. Again Nate was a crap coach who had mailed it in but saying that to a young player.. I don’t know man, that’s pretty evil of Nate if he did say that. In this day and age though, I just don’t see Nate saying that even if he was thinking it.

7 hours ago, Sothron said:

and I didn't want this to look like Jalen complained on a MB about Nate. 

😐

I know one of the reasons he was fired was his complete refusal to play or develop Jalen it is safe to post about it now. 

😐

"I am not in the development process" quote? It was Jalen.

😐 

Soth… this isn’t an “I don’t believe you thing” it’s more of a “whoever told you this is full of crap 💩 “…

I’m not going down this rabbit 🐇 hole again that ends in Soth saying I don’t believe him again. My thoughts are .. 

1. I am pretty sure Nate didn’t say that.

2. Even if he did who gives a 💩 he’s gone, Lloyd is gone.. Bud is gone. 

Soth, again I believe you tomorrow if you come out and say Bud used to spank Dwight on the butt and he seemed to like it.. 

but this one.. man, Nate would have had to be straight up evil.

• Like 1

50/50.  Falcons lose.  Hawks win!

Early defense caused turnovers and, with a fast break, Hawks opened up the game and had to hold on once when the lead srunk to one, to only explode again and pull away!  Great first win of the season.

🥰🥰

• Like 1