• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Timberwolves at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Why do people love KAT so much?  I hate using team record and playing on losing teams as a knock against a player, but I feel like it's warranted in this guys case.  His energy on the court is an emotional drag on that team.  He's like the opposite of a motivating, strong leader, superstar, and he gives shitty effort.  He should have scored 40 on us last night with the type of defense we were playing.  Empty stats player.  And our offense is plenty good with Trae on the roster -- we don't need more offensive talent with defensive holes.  I'd rather have Gobert than KAT 7 days a week.  He makes way more sense on our roster and knows how to operate effectively in a Quin Snyder offense without being able to shoot well.

Want neither at their current salary and trade cost.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You're reading the tea leaves wrong...  The league is going back big.   Rebounds will be important.   Teams that can't get them will lose.  Jokic, Embiid, Jalen Duren, Wimby, Lively II, Mark Williams, Porzingis etc... are ushering back in the need for size in the game.  3 pt shooting is great but being able to limit a team to 1 shot is going to be the calling card of winning teams. 

Even with the best spacing, no team is going to be able to keep the three point shot going indefinitely.   Last night was a classic example.  

In the first half, Minny was 12 of 18 on 3 pters.  In the second half,  4 of 15.   We had 23 drbs in the 2nd half compared to 11 in the first.  Those are possessions. 

What are you talking about... you always post some off the wall stuff..

go back and look at the Nugget's 3 point shooters last season and post-season

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Want neither at their current salary and trade cost.

I still want him in this scheme with Trae and Murray. I understand his contract sucks. I would rather a center like Mark Williams or Kessler but they aren't available 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You're reading the tea leaves wrong...  The league is going back big.   Rebounds will be important.   Teams that can't get them will lose.  Jokic, Embiid, Jalen Duren, Wimby, Lively II, Mark Williams, Porzingis etc... are ushering back in the need for size in the game.  3 pt shooting is great but being able to limit a team to 1 shot is going to be the calling card of winning teams. 

Even with the best spacing, no team is going to be able to keep the three point shot going indefinitely.   Last night was a classic example.  

In the first half, Minny was 12 of 18 on 3 pters.  In the second half,  4 of 15.   We had 23 drbs in the 2nd half compared to 11 in the first.  Those are possessions. 

I agree with this 100%. The big man is coming back. The last three MVPs. Teams are going big to max out rebounding and size to get physical to cut down on driving lanes. 

We're going away from the nothing but three point era. We're going to see more big men having roles outside of setting picks and rim running. You are also seeing more low post plays coming back from a variety of positions. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Looks like our biggest strength this year is our depth. Our bench unit with either Bey/Johnson + Bogi + OO is going to give a lot of team fits. The "just" Trae or DJM lineups are going to be effective unlike last year. I wouldn't gut the bench for a "star" that isn't really a star. 

I understand. I agree to a degree. I just want a more versatile center with size. There aren't many out there.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I agree with this 100%. The big man is coming back. The last three MVPs. Teams are going big to max out rebounding and size to get physical to cut down on driving lanes. 

We're going away from the nothing but three point era. We're going to see more big men having roles outside of setting picks and rim running. You are also seeing more low post plays coming back from a variety of positions. 

I disagree 100%... the big men that can space and shoot the 3 ball will win.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Why do people love KAT so much?  I hate using team record and playing on losing teams as a knock against a player, but I feel like it's warranted in this guys case.  His energy on the court is an emotional drag on that team.  He's like the opposite of a motivating, strong leader, superstar, and he gives shitty effort.  He should have scored 40 on us last night with the type of defense we were playing.  Empty stats player.  And our offense is plenty good with Trae on the roster -- we don't need more offensive talent with defensive holes.  I'd rather have Gobert than KAT 7 days a week.  He makes way more sense on our roster and knows how to operate effectively in a Quin Snyder offense without being able to shoot well.

The towns stuff is so weird.  On paper, it seems perfect.  But, in reality, he's missing something.  He's basically the exact same player he was as a 2nd or 3rd year guy.

We had no one that could guard him but ... he's just out there.  Why do the ones that want him totally ignore stuff like that?  It's been happening his whole career.  It can't always be somebody else's fault.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The towns stuff is so weird.  On paper, it seems perfect.  But, in reality, he's missing something.  He's basically the exact same player he was as a 2nd or 3rd year guy.

We had no one that could guard him but ... he's just out there.  Why do the ones that want him totally ignore stuff like that?  It's been happening his whole career.  It can't always be somebody else's fault.

He is actually worst than he was year 2.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

KAT was 1-9 in the second half for 3 points.  How does that even happen?  Ant was the only guy to have  more than 6 points for the whole half.  And McDaniels is the only other guy to score more than 1 basket.  He had 2. 

The Mitten and the Snuggy put in work.  That's how that happened.

Everybody wanna talk about Trae not passing to JJ for a dunk down the stretch.   But nobody wanna point out a clutch defensive play by the Mitten was the reason Trae had that break opp in the first place.

And the Snuggy ripping the ball from Antman was just as clutch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

I disagree 100%... the big men that can space and shoot the 3 ball will win.

Being able to space doesn't mean you can't also score in the blocks and rebound. Ideally you want someone that can do all of that.

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The Mitten and the Snuggy put in work.  That's how that happened.

Everybody wanna talk about Trae not passing to JJ for a dunk down the stretch.   But nobody wanna point out a clutch defensive play by the Mitten was the reason Trae had that break opp in the first place.

This :good:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I agree. Trading Bogi will make us easily worse. We seen this last year without him. We are better with Bogi than without him

Correct - ECF with Bogi as a starter.

I was all in on the KAT trade over the summer, but seeing Jalen's emergence I'd hold off. Don't want to overpay in a trade and then overpay on his contract, especially if it means we're losing Bogi.

Saw this in here earlier, it's actually pretty wild -

image.png.dcd3e518770b6cea2cb0f9f0fd25e226.png

Hawks are on here 4 times in the top 10 net ratings. WILD! But only 5 players -

Trae x 1
DJM x 4!!!!
Bey x 2
Jalen x 2
OO x 3!!!

Should this not be our starting line up and go to close out lineup? 

• Like 1