• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Pelicans (7 PM EST Tip!)

lethalweapon3

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Quin's offense is more sophisticated than Nate's which was basic PnR...could be he's just taking awhile to adjust and learn it.

And as you said who is getting less minutes for him?

I tried to tell people this during the summer, as I was trying to come up with different lineups and breaking minutes down.  If JJ got extended minutes, AJ was going to be the odd man out.

Now that JJ has elevated his status to at least part time starter vs big teams, and Bey has increased his importance in the lineup, AJ will have to be patient to get his shot in some of these games.

My guess is that Dre might be a DNP on Monday, if his finger is still hurting, and AJ will get extended minutes vs OKC.

If I'm Quin, I'm seeing what kind of record I can post in these first 10 games, and see if I can work AJ into the lineup here and there.

Bogi, while doing a lot of good things on the court, is actually struggling with his shot now ( 32% from 3 . . . 5 - 22 from 3 in the last three games ( 23% ).  So maybe it's a good time to give Bogi the night off sometime next week, and see if he can get his shot back.

This team is playing very well right now.  AJ will simply have to keep working, and be ready when his number is called.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Most coaches don't run a 10 man rotation. It is usually 8 or 9 man rotation. Playoffs can see that shorten so in the playoffs you are looking with Quin at a probable 8 man rotation.

AJ not playing is a concern to me because he needs time on the court in the NBA or send him to the G league to let him get run. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

FIBA play maybe catching up to Bogi. But his shot still looks so pure, I'm surprised when he misses. His playmaking and defense/steals have been huge though.

He's also not necessarily taking good shots.  He's just getting shots up.  Most of his shots have someone that is close enough to contest his shot.  He's not getting many wide open looks at all.  These were his shots last night.

https://www.nba.com/stats/events?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&ContextMeasure=FG3A&EndPeriod=0&EndRange=28800&GameID=0022300135&PlayerID=203992&RangeType=0&Season=2023-24&SeasonType=Regular Season&StartPeriod=0&StartRange=0&TeamID=1610612737&flag=3&sct=plot&section=game

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
18 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

Exactly!  They want the 30 point a night, do the" Ice Trae Shimmy " Trae Young which was a very inefficient way of running an offense.  Saying the other team members "stepped up" is a bold lie and yet another attempt to place Trae on a pedastal.  I will say this, Trae KNOWS he better get in line and he has because he can't fire a third head coach or a second GM.

You are invited to my “coach killer” thread to elaborate.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, terrell said:

Can Quin take over and Coach the Falcons too??

AS is a fkn idiot playcaller..

Figured I could come into this thread and be safe from anyone ruining the outcome of the Falcons game I recorded while at work.

Thanks, I guess. 

And please keep Falcons comments in Falcons threads going forward. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Dnice said:

Since Terrell already brought up that poverty team, can't wait for new years, so blank can get rid of smith's ass, and McKay too...but the division and wild card will still be in play.

McKay must have some troubling info about AB..How in the hell is he still around?

Maybe hes the one telling TF/AS to take RB's and TE's in the top 10.. smfh

While Jonnu is better than PItts and Jalen Carter wrecks shop in Philly.. Geez

Falcons always looking for flash instead of substance.. 

Edited by terrell

44 minutes ago, warcore said:

Figured I could come into this thread and be safe from anyone ruining the outcome of the Falcons game I recorded while at work.

Thanks, I guess. 

And please keep Falcons comments in Falcons threads going forward. 

LIke you didnt know AS was an idiot playcaller... 

What are you talking about?

The game is still going on

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, kg01 said:

How you make the statement above .. then make the statement below .. but not realize the second statement illustrates why QS's decisions don't illicit riotous reactions from the squawk?

I've decided.  I'm shaking my eyes and rolling my head. 

I'm not one sided nor do I have a one track mind.   Nate was a poor coach.. He did what Poor coaches do.   The point is that not everything he did was terrible.  The same with Quin, Quin is a better coach than Nate.  However, how does he get the automatic pass for doing the exact same thing that Nate did?

Since he got here, AJ's mpg has dropped down to a 0.   That's Nate like.  Yet, Quin doesn't get the Nate treatment for doing the Nate stuff.

It's just an observance...  You can make fun of it or even attack me if you wish.. but the fact is still the fact. 

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The difference is simple, the guys currently in front of AJ are playing well....unlike guys like JHol and TLC, particularly when we needed size.

Yep, AJ is not ready to get minutes over Bogi, JJ, Saddiq.  We will need him this season though because he's next up and guys will need rest.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The difference is simple, the guys currently in front of AJ are playing well....unlike guys like JHol and TLC, particularly when we needed size.

GLeague starts this Friday.

There was no appreciable time that JHOL and TLC played in front of JJ.   Why do you guys do this... just echo false statements???

Jalen's stats from last year.....

image.png

Justin's stats from last year....

image.png

In October...  Justin played more minutes than Jalen... but after that...  It's not even close.   Yet... we make the argument that Justin was taking minutes away from Jalen??  It Echoes throughout HS that Nate played Justin over Jalen...   This is a lie that we must stop telling!

I've gone through the first year and don't need to do it again but in short...

• Jalen asked to go to the G-League.  
  • Went to the G-League.
  • Asked to stay in the G-League. 
  • Had a Butt Injury.
  • Had a bout with COVID.
  • Missed time because he was injured.

TLC played mainly because when the WHOLE FREAKIN Team had COVID.. Including Nate...  He was one of the only players available and he stepped up and proved that he was better than Knox. 

Is this the lengths that we go to?  Just making up stuff and echoing fabrications?  It's too easy to find the facts people.  Just call a thing a thing.  Quin has a 8 player rotation and AJ didn't make his cut.   Just like Nate had a 9 player rotation and Jalen didn't make his cut.  Hell, Delon almost didn't make his cut. 

Why is it so hard to just tell the truth??  Is the lie more sexy.. is that what it is?  Are we so deep into villifying Nate that we have to make up reasons?  And NO I don't trust the word of an insider...  who puts stuff out for their own benefit.  Clint is getting traded any day now right?  Let's just go with the facts.. and the facts are findable. 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

I can't believe we are still doing this. If anyone actually thinks Jalen Johnson wanted to go waste his rookie season in the G league over playing in the NBA I've got some great beach property in Arizona for you. The deed for the Brooklyn Bridge is also up for sale.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

AJ got to play a lot early last year because Bogi was out the first 23 games and we had no shooting in the lineup. His minutes started to drop once a healthy Bogi returned, but he still was in the rotation. Once we traded for Bey, AJ was pushed to the fringe of the rotation and you saw his minutes go to around 10 or so per game.

AJ was a young rookie. He got a lot of minutes but you saw him hit the wall over time. Once that shot stopped falling, he was no longer as needed or as playable on a team trying to get in the playoffs down the stretch. 

As talented as he is I always felt he was being overhyped by us on here. He did not look like a rising star in summer league. He has a lot to learn still.

He will find his way back on the court eventually, but he is getting the opportunity to watch and learn that he did not get last season.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I can't believe we are still doing this. If anyone actually thinks Jalen Johnson wanted to go waste his rookie season in the G league over playing in the NBA I've got some great beach property in Arizona for you. The deed for the Brooklyn Bridge is also up for sale.

Some people don't like the facts...

Jalen was talking about sitting back and waiting his turn in SL... Before he had even been coached by Nate.   It's not a surprise that a guy who missed most of his college year... played very little in his Junior year in HS would be drafted to the pros and believe that he needed more seasoning?

Moreover, what's his History?

• He played 13 games at Duke and Then said He is going into the draft and didn't play another game at Duke.
  • Transferred to IMG academy but never played for them.
  • Left IMG academy and went back to his Wisconsin School for his Senior year. 

So when you consider this guy and what he says....   vs. What he does.

I can't believe that you're caping up for Jalen when his statements are his.. Nobody forced him to go to the G-League.. Nobody forced him to stay in the G-League.  

We're thankful that he's playing well NOW... But let's not act like he came in a finished product or that he didn't ask to go to the G-League.   He did.  You can guess at it.. you can try to interpret it.. You can even make up reasons why he wanted to go.. THE FACT REMAINS.... HE ASKED TO GO... AND HE ASKED TO STAY.... THOSE ARE THE FACTS... now continue with THAT BS you posting.