• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Knicks at Hawks

lethalweapon3

@NBASupes I know you can see how tired Clint is anchoring a defense with Trae playing alongside him for all his minutes.  He’s gotta be gone by the deadline to restore his zest for the game, he’s not even 30 yet.  He’s a far too high IQ defensive player to be a part of below average units every season.

Trae would have a lot more defensive “value” alongside the Knicks’ Bigs in Robinson and Hartenstein: much beefier than OO, much more mobile than Clint, and far younger without all the stressful seasons playing behind guards like Harden and Trae.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I wouldnt be sad if we traded Hunter tomorrow for a Chik Fil A gift card.  Watching guys that cannot give enough effort to pick up a loose ball between their legs is a negative fan experience.

Unfortunately, I must agree. 

The Effort just doesn't show up..

Oklahoma Drills and Crab Walks...  and a few up downs...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

@NBASupes I know you can see how tired Clint is anchoring a defense with Trae playing alongside him for all his minutes.  He’s gotta be gone by the deadline to restore his zest for the game, he’s not even 30 yet.  He’s a far too high IQ defensive player to be a part of below average units every season.

Trae would have a lot more defensive “value” alongside the Knicks’ Bigs in Robinson and Hartenstein: much beefier than OO, much more mobile than Clint, and far younger without all the thankless seasons alongside Harden.

Clint has been sliding following the playoff run a few years back. I think the Hawks have got the best of him.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I mean, he's right about the "effort" on the glass and completing defensive possessions.  But, Quin just mindlessly took out two guys who were playing with a TON of effort.  One guy who just got a HUGE offensive rebound and putback.  Quin takes them out and puts in a guy who played with little to no effort on both ends.  How about rewarding guys who are actually playing with "effort".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LMAO . . F that.

Clint got dominated tonight by Robinson.  And they took away the lob, except for 1 play.  Clint got 3 rebounds and zero offensive rebounds. 

And that happened because he has to anchor a defense with Trae playing with him?  That's one of the worst takes of the year.

Meanwhile, Okongwu was +18, with most of his minutes playing with Trae. 

Facts are that the bigger, athletic centers render Clint useless, because he has no offensive game outside of the lob, and he can't guard the rim runners. 

He can guard the guys that post up, but not the athletic guys who crash the boards.

Agree with you 100%.  Trae had arguably his best game of the year tonight (imo) that was completely mitigated by our atrocious front court rebounding and the lack of hustle across the board.  Trae was actually +1 for the game with 17 assists... all the other starters were double digits negative +/-.  Clint was horrible the entire night... Jalen looked pretty good despite Randles size and physicality.

And we failed to punish them in transition all night, given their front court was cheating for offensive boards... I honestly cannot get over how low Hunter's motor is... I'm ready to trade him and give Bey the starting spot.  I don't care that he's a better defender -- he has zero intangibles.  Actually, Hunter has intangibles and they're all negatives.  Like how many loose balls he doesn't grab, how many boards he doesn't come out with, how many people he doesn't box out, and how many times he's indecisive and puts up a terrible shot or passes out with little time on the clock.  Those are his intangibles.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I actually like this team a lot. I think if they played head to head vs the 2021 Hawks team they would win. Problem is the league is just a quantum leap better than it was back then. Boston, Philly, New York, Miami, are much, much better teams. Look at the Bulls team that was a top 6 team back then and now looks lottery bound. You look around the league and there's a lot of teams that are just flat out more talented. If Trae regains his mojo we might, MIGHT have a shot at the 3rd seed, but if he continues to shoot like he has since last year it's probably a ceiling somewhere around 5th, maybe 4th if the Pacers incredble start is a mirage. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Clint has been sliding following the playoff run a few years back. I think the Hawks have got the best of him.

No idea why we extended him early... smh

Couldve had the 10th pick for him but we wanted Green too.. lol

Hawks gonna Hawk

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

It pains me to say it but Brunson is better than Young.

Nah...

Brunson faced one double team tonight and nearly shit a brick.  Brunson doesn't go left without his right.  Hunter and Jalen (I believe) lined up on his right hand and shaded him left and he couldn't do anything.

Trae faces Double teams on the regular. 

• Like 3