• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Knicks at Hawks

lethalweapon3

22 minutes ago, terrell said:

Im just sayin..

Trae shooting is always HORRIBLE at the start of EVERY season..

And this is his worse one yet.........

Shit is ridiculous man..

Trae through 10 games, 2020-21: 41.6% FG%, 29.8% 3FG%

Whole season, 2020-21: 43.8% FG%, 34.3% 3FG%

Trae through 10 games, 2021-22: 41.9% FG%, 30.8% 3FG%

Whole season, 2021-22: 46% FG%, 38.2% 3FG%

Trae through 10 games, 2022-23: 37.8% FG%, 31.2% 3FG%

Whole season, 2022-23: 42.9% FG%, 33.5% 3FG%

Trae through 10 games, 2023-24: 35.6% FG%, 27.8% 3FG%

Whole season, 2023-24: ???

But lets hope his trend continues and he gets better as the year goes on, because so far its been ugly..

Maybe I should just skip watching Hawks games next year until after Thanksgiving...............😀

I get it …it’s tough to watch but we been seeing this same trend from him for a while now. I still don’t think that Traes shooting is the reason we lost yesterdays game or other games so far this season.

this team is different than past seasons. At one point it was about Traes scoring that equaled wins but now we have enough weapons around trae where he should be able to avg 20 points and 12 or more assists and we win consistently.

we don’t have as many shooters as we did during the ECF run but we have more guys who can get their own shots on this team & actually take advantage of mismatches, all within a new better motion offensive scheme.

This team could literally have three 20 point scorers along with someone averaging close to 20 points per game and I think we will see something close to that.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JTB said:

I still don’t think that Traes shooting is the reason we lost yesterdays game or other games so far this season.

Yesterday's game was definitely a coaching loss. 

Trae got 17 assists.   Whoever believes that Trae was at fault need their nostril hairs synged. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Trae could walk on water then turn it to wine and the same ol', lame 'ol posters would complain he didn't turn it into gasoline. 

Some people actually really believes a man walked on water and fermented grapes in a day and turned it into wine. 

Trae is a great, lightening quick point guard. So was Chris Paul at one point. So was A.I. So was White Chocolate....So was John Wall. 

I just hope he gets a ring because the decline happens quick with the little guards. He's 6 years in on baby #2 

Screenshot_20231117_000632.jpg

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, Diesel said:

I'm not saying that I am giving Quin a break, but I will say that this was the second night of a back to back.  We spent most of the night fighting back.   But yeah... we should have play Bogi and Bey until they gave out. 

Exactly. I'm not saying Quin is a saint that should never be criticized either. When someone makes a mistake, regardless if you like the person or not, they should be held accountable to that mistake. 

10 hours ago, AHF said:

The day you see me making comparisons about players based on 10 or 11 games while ignoring hundreds of games played prior to that will be a first.

One thing you can set your watch to is people reacting to early season team and player results.  The players are easiest to predict.  They level out to their career averages with a few exceptions.  

8 hours ago, StonedDogs said:

Trae is a great, lightening quick point guard. So was Chris Paul at one point. So was A.I. So was White Chocolate....So was John Wall. 

I just hope he gets a ring because the decline happens quick with the little guards. He's 6 years in on baby #2 

Chris Paul is in year 19 and producing at a high level.

Trae is in year 6

So to me, he can still have another 4 babies and a ton of opportunities for rings 💍 

@bleachkit check on math 🧮 on that please.

8 hours ago, StonedDogs said:

Some people actually really believes a man walked on water and fermented grapes in a day and turned it into wine. 

I'm confused.  Are folks saying that Trae has physically declined?  Are folks not watching or do they not understand what they're seeing? 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Chris Paul is in year 19 and producing at a high level.

Trae is in year 6

So to me, he can still have another 4 babies and a ton of opportunities for rings 💍 

@bleachkit check on math 🧮 on that please.

Chris Paul also had a grandfather that died at the age of 61 and he scored 61 the following game after his passing. Chris Paul is different and was different in high school, college and early on. He's definitely playing at a high level but definitely not producing at a high level. 

He also highly loved and respected on team USA. We're still trying to get Trae to get love for the circus all star game. 

19 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm confused.  Are folks saying that Trae has physically declined?  Are folks not watching or do they not understand what they're seeing? 

He's currently in his prime years is what folks are saying. How long do we have this window to experiment, see who fits, see who don't with Trae? We cannot continue to waste these next set of years because that speed will start to decline as new, younger, bigger, faster, and stronger comes kids come through the doors.  

Our GMs are trash. I have to say it. 

40 minutes ago, StonedDogs said:

He's currently in his prime years is what folks are saying. How long do we have this window to experiment, see who fits, see who don't with Trae? We cannot continue to waste these next set of years because that speed will start to decline as new, younger, bigger, faster, and stronger comes kids come through the doors.  

Our GMs are trash. I have to say it. 

I hear what you're saying, in general.  I just don't think it's an issue rn.  I don't see Trae getting by on speed as much as the eggsperts suggest and he's already at a physical disadvantage in every matchup.

• Like 1

• Moderators
14 hours ago, terrell said:

Im just sayin..

Trae shooting is always HORRIBLE at the start of EVERY season..

And this is his worse one yet.........

Shit is ridiculous man..

Trae through 10 games, 2020-21: 41.6% FG%, 29.8% 3FG%

Whole season, 2020-21: 43.8% FG%, 34.3% 3FG%

Trae through 10 games, 2021-22: 41.9% FG%, 30.8% 3FG%

Whole season, 2021-22: 46% FG%, 38.2% 3FG%

Trae through 10 games, 2022-23: 37.8% FG%, 31.2% 3FG%

Whole season, 2022-23: 42.9% FG%, 33.5% 3FG%

Trae through 10 games, 2023-24: 35.6% FG%, 27.8% 3FG%

Whole season, 2023-24: ???

But lets hope his trend continues and he gets better as the year goes on, because so far its been ugly..

Maybe I should just skip watching Hawks games next year until after Thanksgiving...............😀

I agree with you that we have a multiple year trend of him starting off terribly every year.  We also have a multiple year trend of his numbers getting much, much better come January - April.  I’m never going to make conclusions that a guy’s slow start is who he is when the majority of every season is materially better than those slow starts.  

I definitely wanted to see a better start from Trae this year and improving year over year with his shooting is still needed (and tougher given the hole he has dug).  But that sure doesn’t make him a scorer on par with the efficiency of Allen Iverson or Russell Westbrook.  His track record says he is much better than them by the time the season ends.  (Which is a low bar to clear.)

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

It’s like we are watching auditions for who Trae triggers the most.  

This is the new version of every thread being turned into a tanking debate.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, StonedDogs said:

We're still trying to get Trae to get love for the circus all star game. 

This is a little unclear to me but I don’t see the All-Star game as a big problem as Trae has 2 times he participated and 2 times he was invited and turned it down.  If you mean Trae should show a bit more love for the game by playing whenever he is invited then I agree.  I think it helps raise the profile of the entire team.