• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Knicks at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Clint makes too much money and is too big to play so small on defense. It seems like he's missing John Collins the most. 

Okongwu has lost his tough edge on the defensive end. The lazy gambling and bad positioning under the basket is killing us. He's much stronger than Jalen so I don't understand why the two defending Randle tonight was like night and day. I'm concerned we paid him too quickly.

DeAndre is in another orbit mentally. The scowl he gave Saadiq after the put back dunk really turned my stomach. He better get his head out of his behind asap. I can see him losing his starting position very soon if he doesn't. 

• Premium Member

Second home loss to the Knicks. It’s frustrating because I’d like to think we are better than them, but that comes from the playoff series. They have pretty much handled us since then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

Second home loss to the Knicks. It’s frustrating because I’d like to think we are better than them, but that comes from the playoff series. They have pretty much handled us since then.

That playoff series was a long time ago now, and The Knicks are definitely a different team with Brunson.

Actually both teams have had a fair amount of turnover since.

• Like 1

Brutal stretch of games after next Wednesday.

9 of 11 will be ON THE ROAD.

But Then again, we suck at Home..(2-4)

I wont be surprised if we're a few games under .500 by Christmas.....

We lack the Horses - and judging by tonight, we may lack the coaching. smh

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Packfill said:

That playoff series was a long time ago now, and The Knicks are definitely a different team with Brunson.

Actually both teams have had a fair amount of turnover since.

I know, a lot has to do with Trae asserting himself as the alpha and us losing most of the games since he took his bow. Different players, but we have dropped our part of this rivalry. 

Trae is now 4-9 head-to-head with Brunson in his career.  Total +/- -1 to +48, respectively, stats courtesy of statmuse.com:

IMG_8594.thumb.jpeg.441c8e52c2ffa3b3efd7561f43b7bf41.jpegIMG_8595.thumb.jpeg.d2db191253a3368e764309fdb9e9142c.jpeg

(the fourth game Is omitted, Brunson logged less than a minute)

Any decent guard can use Trae in perimeter actions to unbalance the defense but Brunson is the master he does it so easily.  Lowry probably second.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I wouldnt be sad if we traded Hunter tomorrow for a Chik Fil A gift card.  Watching guys that cannot give enough effort to pick up a loose ball between their legs is a negative fan experience.

Hunter with a very weak game - 2 rebounds and 5 points. I never see Hunter crashing the boards. I would rather have Bey out there - he is much more aggressive. Hunter sleeping on that late 3 by Brunson. smh

3 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

I know, a lot has to do with Trae asserting himself as the alpha and us losing most of the games since he took his bow. Different players, but we have dropped our part of this rivalry. 

We better thank God  Mitchell Robinson was hurt for that series, or we may never make that covid run to ECF..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Wait wait wait....Capela had only 3 rebounds TOTAL...tell me I'm reading that wrong. Wow!!!🤢

Hawks gotta find a young center man.. A real center not a 6'8 guy trying to play center..

Shouldve traded CC to Dallas for Lively.. smfh

• Like 2