• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: 76ers at Hawks -- IST Game #2

lethalweapon3

6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya this dude is ballin Gramps, and your Mark Williams in Charlotte too. Honestly, I think OO needs to step up now. Like Hunter, no more excuses, Hunter 2019.. OO 2020… it’s 2024… I think we need our big to step up now. 

Honestly, I imagined OO being a bit more involved this year, I mean, if it’s not all about numbers for O, and it isn’t his main concern, then get us wins, make those key plays, otherwise @Wretch is gonna be right and we may as well have drafted Paul Reed in round 2. Wretch didn’t say Reed but Wretch did say an OO type could be had later in the draft instead of the 6th pick.

I need OO from Chino Hills to get this thing lit 🔥. Comon man, you better than that. It’s time to get minutes and start producing more..

OO is soft....

A 6’8” under sized center who Gives up offensive rebounds by the dozen and doesnt provide much in rim protection.  Combine that with CC's extremely limited offensive game and our center position is far too weak to make up for our atrocious perimeter defense.

This team is just a defensive disaster, and you combine that with giving up second chance points like their going out of style, and it IS NOT a recipe for a consistent winner AT ALL..

Our lotto picks have been a MESS.

Thanks Schlenk

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dean Walker said:

He’s the Franchise!

trade him please!

Yeah JJ is special man..

And I'm waaay past just being concerned about how far this team goes with Trae Young, not only for his slow regular season starts and shooting slumps, but also his ability to lead us in the playoffs.

Even with the 20-21 ECF run ( which I honestly don’t think happens had Mitchell Robinson been available for the Knicks series), Trae was still a -7 on the court,  he was -58 for 21-22 playoffs and -37 in last season playoffs for a playoff career rating of -34. (His 3pt % is actually worse in the Playoffs than his reg season 3 pt avg) ..

That is not going to win you anything and isnt a recipe for success from your Max Player, Especially when throw in his defense and turnovers...........

Edited by terrell
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Dean Walker said:

He’s the Franchise!

trade him please!

And I thought I was having a bad hair day.. 😞 What’s this 🧱 muse.. sounds like a negative a$$ site 😂 Are they related to statmuse cuz I kinda like that site a lot. 🤷‍♀️ #confusion #craphairdays 💇🏻 #fallfreakinfallf$ckers 😐 

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, hylndr11 said:

I certainly hope you are right D, especially on the system part and I know we are going through it , but some teams just wreck our new system and im.not.sure 20 games is enough for this to be fleshed out. But no we not giving props to clint in a night where he doing what he supposed to do, he's supposed to give us a double double, it rarely happens anymore, I understand we are not running the pnr but that means he's not a fit then, and that will be pointed out as such. 

More interested in what we should do if and when this thing starts clicking and what player are real fits and who are t because they're is no way all these guys are going to fit together in a completely different system. 

I understand your points.

I will just say that even in our losses, except our loss to Charlotte and OKC.. I said.. we are better than the team we're playing.   We should have beat the Knicks.   We could have beaten the 76ers...Like I said, if Hunter plays the whole game... I don't know.. Not that he was a difference maker but he allowed us to always put a fresh Siddiq on the court.    AND  I don't think we've play our best basketball yet.  I don't know how much searching the coach is still doing also.   Last year, we were a mid team and we felt like a mid team.   We knew coming out of the half, the other team was going on a run and that will decide the game.   Some Nights we were able to hold the lead, some nights we relinquished.   However, we have seen none of that this year.  We actually fight to the very end. I'll admit, I had higher hopes for AJ.   I thought we would play Patty Mills. I see a future with Guaye.  Let's give ourselves a little time. 

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

I understand your points.

I will just say that even in our losses, except our loss to Charlotte and OKC.. I said.. we are better than the team we're playing.   We should have beat the Knicks.   We could have beaten the 76ers...Like I said, if Hunter plays the whole game... I don't know.. Not that he was a difference maker but he allowed us to always put a fresh Siddiq on the court.    AND  I don't think we've play our best basketball yet.  I don't know how much searching the coach is still doing also.   Last year, we were a mid team and we felt like a mid team.   We knew coming out of the half, the other team was going on a run and that will decide the game.   Some Nights we were able to hold the lead, some nights we relinquished.   However, we have seen none of that this year.  We actually fight to the very end. I'll admit, I had higher hopes for AJ.   I thought we would play Patty Mills. I see a future with Guaye.  Let's give ourselves a little time. 

Not that he's a difference maker but yeah, he's a difference maker. Hunter haters showing their bare ass again 

On 11/18/2023 at 1:48 PM, Spud2nique said:

@Gray Mule had we drafted Hali in 2020 with the 6th pick, could he and Trae have shared a backcourt like Trae and DJ do now? Oh my.. that’s a TON of really great passing in the backcourt.. oooohhhh myyyy..{in my best d*ck Enberg impersonation}.. 😯 

Yep.  As well or better than Young and Murray fit together.  If not, Trae would make a nice trade piece, wouldn't he?  Then you know I would have added Mark Williams as our "other" center.  This would be a nice duo to have right now!

:smug:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Not that he's a difference maker but yeah, he's a difference maker. Hunter haters showing their bare ass again 

Can you blame the "Hunter Hate"?  He's on his second contract... and can you say without a doubt that if he had played the rest of the game that we would have won?

That's my point. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Yep.  As well or better than Young and Murray fit together.  If not, Trae would make a nice trade piece, wouldn't he?  Then you know I would have added Mark Williams as our "other" center.  This would be a nice duo to have right now!

:smug:

That’s it! We are takin out ya boy 👦 on Tuesday Gramps!!!! 😡 😂 When we are don wit heem they’ll call him HaliEXTRAburton 😐 .. ok not my best @kg01its late on a Sunday night broh… I’m on E… 🤤 

On 11/18/2023 at 12:40 PM, Diesel said:

It's not on Murray.. He was having a rough game.

But there's something different to consider...

People ignore it.. but it's hard to ignore..   Trae' Gravity.   People act like Gravity is not real... Gravity is very real for Trae Young.  As long as other teams believe that Trae Young is the only Hawk that will hurt them, they will focus on him and pull their defense away from others.  This means that even when Trae isn't playing exceptionally well, his gravity is helping everybody to eat...  That coupled with the fact that he's a master level passer... and other players Thrive when Trae is on the floor. 

When Trae leaves... all the gravity goes with him.   Against Certain Teams, DJ is going to still be able to ball out.

But Last night.. The refs took the night off.  They were allowing all kind of holding and pushing...  That doesn't benefit DJ's game.   DJ is a finesse guy.  He's not a power guy.   He won't get punked but Like Hunter... but he's not going to power through somebody pushing him. Robco was pushing all night.  That guy Springer is a bowling ball with feet.   He is completely wreckless.  He runs into the middle of the crowd and knock everybody over and the refs don't look at their whistle.  That's not going to work for DJ.  JJ can work through that.  WesMAT can work through that... But DJ not as easily. 

DJ is also a guy who looks for his own shot in the half court offense. And once he makes up his mind to shoot, he's going to shoot.

He's a very good PG in transition, but an average one at best in the half court offense. DJ is a true combo guard.

So with that said, I would almost run the half court offense through JJ with the 2nd unit, and keep DJ at the 2. 

Either thar, or see if Mills can run the 2nd unit from the point.

• Like 2