• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Mavericks at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

This was a coaching loss

Coaching loss 1st.  Schedule loss 2nd. 

You got to stop a guy who is cooking you before the end of the 4th. 

• Premium Member

I totally get how great Luka is and how bad some of the Hawks' personnel on the wing is, but you can't just let a guy heat you for 73 like that!  And Holman was beside himself with the officiating.  Was it that bad?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Quin has to be tanking

But our roster is so flawed man.. Geez

This is a game I would've tried Wesley Matthews, seeing that he's a former teammate of Luka and does plays decent defense.

But Quin's responses to problems is always offensive, not defensive.

1 minute ago, Jody23 said:

I totally get how great Luka is and how bad some of the Hawks' personnel on the wing is, but you can't just let a guy heat you for 73 like that!  And Holman was beside himself with the officiating.  Was it that bad?

Yes, several calls were inexplicable.  Guy was torching us but there were some ref-fan calls throughout. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

The refs missed their share of calls. 

I felt like Saddiq got kilt on a couple of those shots.  

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Yes, several calls were inexplicable.  Guy was torching us but there were some ref-fan calls throughout. 

JJ's last foul... I didn't see it.  It was a ghostman kinda foul...  CC fell so I guess you go with that. 

• Like 1

Not sourced but its pretty eye opening that Quin was screaming at DJM who went rogue in the fourth quarter on both sides of the ball. Might have reached the sabotage point of the trade request. Things could move quickly

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jody23 said:

Anybody else notice this?  What's up with this?

My guess is he dribbles into traffic up near his chest and is a poor team defender at very best.  I didn’t mean for that to rhyme but on the mic I’m fresh.

• Haha 2

Quinn needs smart players to bolster him up like Conley, O’Neal, Ingles, Hayward, Mitchell.  He just doesn’t have it here.  I’d rate Bogi and Clint as intelligent players but they’re both elite BU level, Jalen has a nice feel.  

Not absolving him at all, he’s mediocre as it gets. This team’s fall off from last season is just a malaise of guys not wanting to play with each other anymore, spearheaded by Clint who desperately needs to go BU for an actual cohesive squad who needs some size and vet presence.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

My guess is he dribbles into traffic up near his chest and is a poor team defender at very best.  I didn’t mean for that to rhyme but on the mic I’m fresh.

Hooorahhh (crosses arms) lolololol.  Seriously though, him doing that is not a good look.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

Yup exactly that’s when the arguing started. It’s funny to me that Trae is more engaged defensively than Murray is these days.

Murray was supposed to be the point of attack on defense once Synder decided to double and for whatever reason Murray wouldn’t do it.

now that is pretty damn concerning…forget the fact that we suck defensively, for Murray to not even go with the game plan to get stops is a very bad look.

if Trae did that this board would be blowing up right now.

• Like 1